|By PR Newswire||
|July 29, 2014 07:01 PM EDT||
LONDON, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jaguar marks the launch of the new XE sports saloon with FEEL XE
- Emeli Sandé to perform the first FEEL XE project on 08 September, an audio-visual spectacle that will be seen and heard across the Thames
- Emeli is inviting members of the public to influence her special new track via social media using #FEELXE
- The FEEL XE platform will express the feeling of Exhilaration at the heart of the XE
- Jaguar to also collaborate on certain projects with Stella McCartney and Idris Elba for FEEL XE
Jaguar today launches FEEL XE, a platform created to harness the spirit of British creativity and innovation using an inspiring collective of figures from the worlds of music, film and design.
Jaguar will be collaborating with artists and personalities including Emeli Sandé, Stella McCartney and Idris Elba to create experiences that express the 'Exhilaration' that is at the heart of the XE, the brand's new mid-sized premium sports saloon.
Multi-platinum, British singer songwriter Emeli Sandé will create the first FEEL XE project. Emeli and Jaguar are looking to the public for inspiration as Emeli begins to write a FEEL XE song about the feeling of Exhilaration to support the reveal of the Jaguar XE. In order to secure inspiration Emeli and Jaguar will ask the public "What makes you feel Exhilarated?"
Using #FEELXE the public can share words, pictures, sounds and films with Emeli through social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) that express what makes them feel Exhilarated. As Exhilaration can mean many different things to many different people, Emeli and Jaguar are expecting a diverse range of submissions.
In reference to her involvement in the project, Emeli said: "I'm excited about working with Jaguar on the FEEL XE campaign and with an incredible British brand. The new XE is innovative in its design and I can't wait to start collaborating with the world, looking at what defines Exhilaration for them, and premiering the track in London at what is going to be an incredible event!"
Emeli's FEEL XE track will be performed for the first time at a secret location alongside the Thames on 08 September as part of a spectacular, audio-visual event. The conclusion of this performance will mark the global reveal of Jaguar's new XE mid-sized premium sports saloon, part of a series of dramatic Jaguar XE stunts and events across the Capital.
The XE is a true sports saloon that has been designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK. With class-leading design and innovation, Jaguar is delivering game-changing driving experience and performance, qualities that FEEL XE will express through creative interpretations of the feeling of Exhilaration.
Emmy nominated British actor Idris Elba will create a FEEL XE project with his production company Green Door Pictures. It will be inspired by his passion for cars and innovation, an interest that he first explored in the recent BBC2 'King Of Speed' series. Idris commented: "I have a passionate, personal connection to cars, and when I think of Exhilaration I am immediately drawn towards the defining points in my life and the role that cars have played in these moments."
Renowned British designer Stella McCartney, whose FEEL XE project will follow Emeli's, said: "I'm passionate about British design and innovation. I'm proud to be involved in the Jaguar FEEL XE campaign and look forward to this exciting partnership."
Fiona Pargeter, PR Director for Jaguar Land Rover, commented: "XE is a very special car and we wanted to ensure it had a very special launch. We are very excited to be working with such amazing global talent to create interesting and engaging experiences that we can share around the world. Emeli is an incredible artist and one who embodies the creativity and elegance that is at the heart of the Jaguar brand and the new XE."
Between now and 08 September the public can see how Emeli Sandé is being inspired by the social media community on Jaguar's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Jaguar) via exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. Further FEEL XE projects involving Stella McCartney and Idris Elba will be announced in due course.
NOTES TO EDITORS
ABOUT JAGUAR LAND ROVER
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest premium automotive manufacturing business, built around two iconic British car brands. All its vehicles are engineered and designed in Britain. While it has ambitious plans for global growth, the heart of the business remains in the UK, with billions of pounds invested in state-of-the-art production, research and development facilities. In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles - up 19% from the previous year - in more than 170 countries. The company employs 30,000 people globally.
JAGUAR XE CONFIRMED AS NEW NAME FOR PREMIUM SPORTS SALOON WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART 'INGENIUM' ENGINE FAMILY
- Jaguar announces the name of its all-new mid-sized premium sports saloon as the Jaguar XE
- The Jaguar XE will be the first aluminium monocoque product in the segment and is set to be the most advanced, efficient and refined sports saloon in its class
- This will be the first product from the new advanced aluminium architecture which was showcased for the first time in the C-X17 concept car at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 2013
- The new family of high-output, fuel-efficient petrol and diesel engines will be named Ingenium. The Jaguar XE will be the first user of the Ingenium engines in four-cylinder two-litre petrol and diesel variants. They will be built at Jaguar Land Rover's new UK Engine Manufacturing Facility
- The full engine line-up will enable Jaguar to offer vehicles with class-leading performance, including top speeds of over 300km/h (186mph), and emissions lower than 100g of CO2 per km
NEW JAGUAR XE TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE ANNOUNCED
- The world premiere of the all-new Jaguar XE will be held in London on September 8th
- The XE will be a true sports saloon with class-leading dynamics, refinement and technology
- Precise handling and high-quality ride is assured with Integral Link rear suspension; a layout designed for optimum performance, comfort and control
- The finely-honed F-TYPE-derived front suspension delivers accurate and immediate response
- State-of-the-art electric power steering system delivers renowned Jaguar feel and response
- World-first All Surface Progress Control system ensures rear-wheel drive traction from standstill even in extreme conditions
THE NEW ALUMINIUM-INTENSIVE JAGUAR XE: THE MOST FUEL EFFICIENT JAGUAR EVER TO ACHIEVE OVER 75MPG
- The Jaguar XE brings new levels of aluminium-intensive lightweight construction expertise to the segment
- Projected to deliver fuel economy of over 75mpg* (less than 4 litres/100km) on EU combined cycle
- The high strength, rigid body enables world class driving dynamics - with supple ride and precise handling
- All-new modular architecture developed around Jaguar's fifth-generation bonded and riveted aluminium technology
- New aluminium alloy invented: RC5754 uses highly recycled aluminium to dramatically reduce energy consumption and lifecycle CO2
*subject to certification
EMELI SANDE SOCIAL MEDIA:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
DevOps is here to stay because it works. Most businesses using this methodology are already realizing a wide range of real, measurable benefits as a result of implementing DevOps, including the breakdown of inter-departmental silos, faster delivery of new features and more stable operating environments. To take advantage of the cloud’s improved speed and flexibility, development and operations teams need to work together more closely and productively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Prashanth...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:53 PM EDT
Docker is hot. However, as Docker container use spreads into more mature production pipelines, there can be issues about control of Docker images to ensure they are production-ready. Is a promotion-based model appropriate to control and track the flow of Docker images from development to production? In his session at DevOps Summit, Fred Simon, Co-founder and Chief Architect of JFrog, will demonstrate how to implement a promotion model for Docker images using a binary repository, and then show h...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 120
Oct. 9, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 118
Oct. 9, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 131
Achim Weiss is Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of ProfitBricks. In 1995, he broke off his studies to co-found the web hosting company "Schlund+Partner." The company "Schlund+Partner" later became the 1&1 web hosting product line. From 1995 to 2008, he was the technical director for several important projects: the largest web hosting platform in the world, the second largest DSL platform, a video on-demand delivery network, the largest eMail backend in Europe, and a universal billing syste...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 162
In his session at DevOps Summit, Bryan Cantrill, CTO at Joyent, will demonstrate a third path: containers on multi-tenant bare metal that maximizes performance, security, and networking connectivity.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 170
Oct. 9, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 164
Manufacturing has widely adopted standardized and automated processes to create designs, build them, and maintain them through their life cycle. However, many modern manufacturing systems go beyond mechanized workflows to introduce empowered workers, flexible collaboration, and rapid iteration. Such behaviors also characterize open source software development and are at the heart of DevOps culture, processes, and tooling.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll sha...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 548
Oct. 9, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 156
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 294
Containers are revolutionizing the way we deploy and maintain our infrastructures, but monitoring and troubleshooting in a containerized environment can still be painful and impractical. Understanding even basic resource usage is difficult - let alone tracking network connections or malicious activity. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gianluca Borello, Sr. Software Engineer at Sysdig, will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including pros / cons and li...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 237
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 737
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 227
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, al...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 180