|By PR Newswire||
|July 30, 2014 08:35 AM EDT||
MORRISVILLE, Pa., July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Most dentists are good clinicians, but it's the business side of running a practice that stresses them the most and limits their success in the profession. Many of the troubling issues that dentists deal with in their practice are explored in a new book, A Drive to Excellence: Building a High Performance, Patient-Centered Dental Practice.
"We wrote the book to help general dentists achieve business excellence and attain financial success," said co-author Peter Gopal, PhD, President of Visionary Management.
"When you look closely, almost every practice will have one or more genuine opportunities for growth. We've outlined how to spot these opportunities and how to go about exploiting them," said co-author Hema Gopal, MBA, DMD, Vice President of Visionary Management. "It's based on the cumulative experience of running our own dental practice as well as client experiences. The ideas described in the book are executable and were developed after more than fifteen years of testing and refinement."
When it comes to building and sustaining a dental practice, every dentist has questions. In A Drive to Excellence: Building a High Performance, Patient-Centered Dental Practice, you'll find answers to such questions as:
- My dental practice hasn't seen the type of growth I was hoping for. What can I do to increase office collections? How do I increase my margins?
- I'm tired of looking at empty chairs. What can I do to fill my schedule?
- My patients are deferring dental treatment. How can I get more patients to commit to comprehensive care?
- New patient flow to my practice has dropped. How can I attract more new patients? What marketing methods work best? What media should I avoid?
- I haven't increased hygiene hours in years. What steps do I need to take to increase hygiene volume and production?
- I'm tired of low insurance reimbursements and want to stop participating in some PPO insurances. How do I accomplish this in a way that actually maintains or increases office revenue?
- Some of my employees seem to make too many mistakes, lack focus, and don't work well together. How can I get my team to be more productive?
- I'm considering upgrading the technology at my office. How do I go about deciding what dental technologies will provide a good return on investment for my office?
- I haven't saved enough for retirement. What can I do to increase my take-home income?
For more information about the book, please visit:
About the Authors
Peter and Hema founded Visionary Management, a dental practice consulting, coaching and training firm, in 2007. The Gopals' articles on the subject of practice management have been featured in national publications such as Academy of General Dentistry's Impact magazine, Dental Entrepreneur, Inside Dentistry, as well as DentistryToday.com
Peter Gopal is business director at a thriving practice in New Jersey that he has operated jointly with his wife, Hema, since 1999.
He is a 1993 graduate of the Wharton Management Program at the University of Pennsylvania. He also received his MS and PhD in engineering from Cornell University.
Peter worked for 10 years at Rohm & Haas Company, a Fortune 500 firm in the Philadelphia area before getting involved with dentistry.
Hema Gopal is doctor-owner at a general practice in New Jersey that opened in 1999.
She received her DMD from Temple University, Philadelphia, in 1996; her MBA from Lubin School of Business, Pace University, New York; and her BA from Queens College, City University of New York, New York.
Prior to dentistry, she worked for 5 years at Shearson Lehman Brothers in New York City, including two years in a marketing role.
SOURCE Visionary Management
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,152
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,291
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,852
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,052
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,743
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,919
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,181
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,919
Mar. 26, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 773
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,158
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,759
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,964
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,676
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,587
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 6,048