|By PR Newswire||
|July 30, 2014 08:35 AM EDT||
MORRISVILLE, Pa., July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Most dentists are good clinicians, but it's the business side of running a practice that stresses them the most and limits their success in the profession. Many of the troubling issues that dentists deal with in their practice are explored in a new book, A Drive to Excellence: Building a High Performance, Patient-Centered Dental Practice.
"We wrote the book to help general dentists achieve business excellence and attain financial success," said co-author Peter Gopal, PhD, President of Visionary Management.
"When you look closely, almost every practice will have one or more genuine opportunities for growth. We've outlined how to spot these opportunities and how to go about exploiting them," said co-author Hema Gopal, MBA, DMD, Vice President of Visionary Management. "It's based on the cumulative experience of running our own dental practice as well as client experiences. The ideas described in the book are executable and were developed after more than fifteen years of testing and refinement."
When it comes to building and sustaining a dental practice, every dentist has questions. In A Drive to Excellence: Building a High Performance, Patient-Centered Dental Practice, you'll find answers to such questions as:
- My dental practice hasn't seen the type of growth I was hoping for. What can I do to increase office collections? How do I increase my margins?
- I'm tired of looking at empty chairs. What can I do to fill my schedule?
- My patients are deferring dental treatment. How can I get more patients to commit to comprehensive care?
- New patient flow to my practice has dropped. How can I attract more new patients? What marketing methods work best? What media should I avoid?
- I haven't increased hygiene hours in years. What steps do I need to take to increase hygiene volume and production?
- I'm tired of low insurance reimbursements and want to stop participating in some PPO insurances. How do I accomplish this in a way that actually maintains or increases office revenue?
- Some of my employees seem to make too many mistakes, lack focus, and don't work well together. How can I get my team to be more productive?
- I'm considering upgrading the technology at my office. How do I go about deciding what dental technologies will provide a good return on investment for my office?
- I haven't saved enough for retirement. What can I do to increase my take-home income?
For more information about the book, please visit:
About the Authors
Peter and Hema founded Visionary Management, a dental practice consulting, coaching and training firm, in 2007. The Gopals' articles on the subject of practice management have been featured in national publications such as Academy of General Dentistry's Impact magazine, Dental Entrepreneur, Inside Dentistry, as well as DentistryToday.com
Peter Gopal is business director at a thriving practice in New Jersey that he has operated jointly with his wife, Hema, since 1999.
He is a 1993 graduate of the Wharton Management Program at the University of Pennsylvania. He also received his MS and PhD in engineering from Cornell University.
Peter worked for 10 years at Rohm & Haas Company, a Fortune 500 firm in the Philadelphia area before getting involved with dentistry.
Hema Gopal is doctor-owner at a general practice in New Jersey that opened in 1999.
She received her DMD from Temple University, Philadelphia, in 1996; her MBA from Lubin School of Business, Pace University, New York; and her BA from Queens College, City University of New York, New York.
Prior to dentistry, she worked for 5 years at Shearson Lehman Brothers in New York City, including two years in a marketing role.
SOURCE Visionary Management
Feb. 11, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 480
Feb. 11, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 302
Feb. 11, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 441
Feb. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 397
Feb. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 255
Feb. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 209
Feb. 11, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 408
Feb. 11, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 224
Feb. 11, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 252
Feb. 11, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 329
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 113
Feb. 10, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 352
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 10, 2016 09:00 PM EST