|By PR Newswire||
|July 30, 2014 08:35 AM EDT||
MORRISVILLE, Pa., July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Most dentists are good clinicians, but it's the business side of running a practice that stresses them the most and limits their success in the profession. Many of the troubling issues that dentists deal with in their practice are explored in a new book, A Drive to Excellence: Building a High Performance, Patient-Centered Dental Practice.
"We wrote the book to help general dentists achieve business excellence and attain financial success," said co-author Peter Gopal, PhD, President of Visionary Management.
"When you look closely, almost every practice will have one or more genuine opportunities for growth. We've outlined how to spot these opportunities and how to go about exploiting them," said co-author Hema Gopal, MBA, DMD, Vice President of Visionary Management. "It's based on the cumulative experience of running our own dental practice as well as client experiences. The ideas described in the book are executable and were developed after more than fifteen years of testing and refinement."
When it comes to building and sustaining a dental practice, every dentist has questions. In A Drive to Excellence: Building a High Performance, Patient-Centered Dental Practice, you'll find answers to such questions as:
- My dental practice hasn't seen the type of growth I was hoping for. What can I do to increase office collections? How do I increase my margins?
- I'm tired of looking at empty chairs. What can I do to fill my schedule?
- My patients are deferring dental treatment. How can I get more patients to commit to comprehensive care?
- New patient flow to my practice has dropped. How can I attract more new patients? What marketing methods work best? What media should I avoid?
- I haven't increased hygiene hours in years. What steps do I need to take to increase hygiene volume and production?
- I'm tired of low insurance reimbursements and want to stop participating in some PPO insurances. How do I accomplish this in a way that actually maintains or increases office revenue?
- Some of my employees seem to make too many mistakes, lack focus, and don't work well together. How can I get my team to be more productive?
- I'm considering upgrading the technology at my office. How do I go about deciding what dental technologies will provide a good return on investment for my office?
- I haven't saved enough for retirement. What can I do to increase my take-home income?
For more information about the book, please visit:
About the Authors
Peter and Hema founded Visionary Management, a dental practice consulting, coaching and training firm, in 2007. The Gopals' articles on the subject of practice management have been featured in national publications such as Academy of General Dentistry's Impact magazine, Dental Entrepreneur, Inside Dentistry, as well as DentistryToday.com
Peter Gopal is business director at a thriving practice in New Jersey that he has operated jointly with his wife, Hema, since 1999.
He is a 1993 graduate of the Wharton Management Program at the University of Pennsylvania. He also received his MS and PhD in engineering from Cornell University.
Peter worked for 10 years at Rohm & Haas Company, a Fortune 500 firm in the Philadelphia area before getting involved with dentistry.
Hema Gopal is doctor-owner at a general practice in New Jersey that opened in 1999.
She received her DMD from Temple University, Philadelphia, in 1996; her MBA from Lubin School of Business, Pace University, New York; and her BA from Queens College, City University of New York, New York.
Prior to dentistry, she worked for 5 years at Shearson Lehman Brothers in New York City, including two years in a marketing role.
SOURCE Visionary Management
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 956
Jul. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 422
Jul. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 247
Jul. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,186
Jul. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 834
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,034
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 850
Jul. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,756
Jul. 27, 2016 11:35 AM EDT Reads: 140
Jul. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 894
Jul. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 699
Jul. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,229
Jul. 27, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 618
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,223
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,065