|By PR Newswire||
|July 30, 2014 08:40 AM EDT||
HONG KONG, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Design to Innovation (#DTOI) today announced it is launching an Indiegogo (#indiegogo) campaign (http://bit.ly/zcan) to help complete the development of Zcan Wireless (#zcanwireless), the world's first wireless scanner mouse. A scanner integrated into a wireless mouse, Zcan Wireless represents a new and unique way of scanning documents, books, magazines, and more, by allowing users to easily swipe in a zigzag motion across what they want to capture. Once scanned, users can directly import to Excel and text (instead of PDF - both are editable in Microsoft Office), share to social pages or translate to speech. The campaign has a funding goal of $30,000USD.
Perfect for immediate document backup with instant scan, the Zcan Wireless Scanner Mouse can scan the portions of the areas users want, meaning they no longer have to scan the entire page like they would with a traditional scanner. Truly designed to reduce people's workloads, Zcan is the perfect wireless productivity tool (why spend time re-typing?) compared to wired versions which may interrupt fluidity of image capture.
Users can scan anything from a receipt (perfect for keeping records for tax audits in a neat way) and business cards to photos and nutritional information printed in a foreign language (which can be instantly translated). Scanned information becomes searchable, meaning users can get rid of their paper versions and box files with backup copies – users do not have to dig through a ton of paper to find the right one. And with Wi-Fi, users can even use Zcan on iPad and iPhone!
"Our Wireless Scanner Mouse is about the same size and weight as a regular mouse," said Sam Ng, business development director, DTOI. "With Zcan, users can now scan what they want while simultaneously using the mouse too. And, since it is wireless, users can install it on almost any device for use in any location."
- Scan to Table - Zcan supports powerful scanning and editing features which can convert an entire table into one single sheet in Excel.
- Scan to Text - Use Zcan to edit scanned text, which is much faster than typing it entirely from scratch.
- Scan to Speech - Zcan helps users learn how to pronounce a particular word or intonation. Users can use Google Translate as an audio book tool, getting it to read aloud articles, books or even a foreign language magazine (after it is scanned).
- Break Down Language Barrier - Zcan supports over 199 OCR (Optical Character Recognition) languages. With an Internet connection to Google Translate, drag the scanned words or paragraph into the dialogue box where it is then translated into a different language instantly.
- Evernote - Zcan helps to track things like notes, letters or any important notices and store them in Evernote with just one click.
- Photos - Zcan allows users to share any scans with family or friends instantly through Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or email.
- Specifications – Sensor: Optical sensor 1000cpi / Buttons: 3 + Dedicated Scan / Resolution: Up to 400dpi / Scan size: Up to A3 (Upon memory configuration)/ USB Port: 2.0 / Wireless Scanning: IEEE802.11n, g / Wireless Mouse: 2.4GHz Digital Channel.
About Design to Innovation
Hong Kong-based Design to Innovation (DTOI), a Systech Electronics Limited company, is a team of designers and developers passionate about creating innovative products. Its flagship product, the Zcan scanner mouse, has won a number of industry awards, including a Gold Medal in Smart Gifts Design Awards' Consumer Gifts: For Workplace category and a Special Mention in Hong Kong ICT Awards' Best Innovation (Best Technology) Award. In July 2014, DTOI will be introducing the Zcan Wireless Scanner Mouse, the next evolution in productivity. For more information, visit http://d-toi.com/ and http://www.d-toi.com/zcanwireless.html.
SOURCE Design to Innovation
May. 27, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,505
May. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,478
May. 27, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,894
May. 27, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 698
May. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,112
May. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,151
May. 27, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,268
May. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,056
May. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,094
May. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,954
May. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,781
May. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,718
May. 27, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,361
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,212
May. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,164