|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 12:18 PM EDT||
G2 Intelligence — a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for Lab Institute 2014: Inflection Point for Labs, the one event where lab medicine, business and technology, and public policy meet. The event will be held at a new venue in the heart of our nation’s capital, October 15-17, at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill.
“Clinical laboratory, anatomic pathology, and diagnostic testing executives are facing a crucial period of transition. And, the time for companies to reset their competitive and profitability targets by gaining a deeper understanding of market dynamics reshaping the lab and pathology sectors is now,” says Dennis Weissman, G2 Intelligence’s Founder and Executive Editor, and Lab Institute Program Chair. G2 Intelligence’s Managing Director, Stephanie Murg, adds “This year’s Institute is focused on addressing the confluence of unprecedented changes impacting the entire industry — and steps organizations can take to grow and remain profitable.”
G2 is pleased to announce five keynote speakers, all renowned industry leaders in their fields.
- Marc D. Grodman, M.D., Chairman, President and CEO, Bio-Reference Laboratories, who will address the State of the Lab Industry in a dynamic interactive session
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Director and Senior Vice President for Laboratory Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System; Chair, Department of Pathology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine — Coordinated Care: The Pivot Point for Pathology and Laboratory Services
- Paul Keckley, Ph.D., Managing Director, Navigant Healthcare and Navigant Center for Healthcare Research and Policy Analysis — The Acceleration of the ACA: How to Prepare for Health Reform 2.0
- Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics — Raising the Bar for Clinical Diagnostics
- George Poste, D.V.M., D.Sc., Ph.D., Chief Scientist, Complex Adaptive Systems and Regents’ Professor and Del E. Webb Chair in Health Innovation, Arizona State University — From Big Data to Sensor Technology: The Future of Lab Testing
The three-day event surrounding the theme, Inflection Point for Labs, also features an exciting roster of powerful general sessions, 12 new breakout sessions in four crucial focus areas, and two pre-conference workshops. Topics include:
- Lab Town Hall: Taking the Pulse of an Industry in Flux
- Reimbursement and Policy Outlook for Labs and Pathologists
- How the ACA is Driving Medicare Reforms and Market Realignment
- Lab Pricing, Coverage, and Transparency: Financial and Policy Implications for Labs
- The Power of Laboratory Data: Providing Added Value Through Real-Time Analytics
- What Can the Galapagos Teach Us About Innovation? A Blueprint for the Next Generation in Diagnostics
- Can’t-Miss Closing Session! G2 Power Players: The Way Forward for Labs
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops: Lab Management Boot Camp: Improving Bottom-Line Performance; and Reinventing the Hospital Laboratory in a Changing Market
- AND a just-announced post-conference symposium: Getting a Piece of the Private Payer Market: Lab Contracting Trends, Pricing Realities and Business Outlook
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
- Richard Adams, Administrative Director, Summa Health System/ LabCarePLUS
- Julie Scott Allen, Government Relations Director and Senior VP, District Policy Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath; and Washington representative for the American Association of Bioanalysts & National Independent Laboratory Association
- Michael Armstrong, CLS, ASCP, SC, DLM, Chief Operating Officer, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Janet Cohen, Director of IT, Genesis Biotechnology Group
- Neil Crowson, M.D., FCAP, FRCPC, Chief of Staff, St. John Health System; President, Pathology Laboratory Associates and Vice President, Regional Medical Laboratory
- Ben Davis, M.D., Chairman & CEO, PathGroup
- Lee Dilworth, Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, American Pathology Partners
- Brenda Eriksen, M.D., Medical Director of System Laboratories, Community Healthcare System
- Keith Fontenot, Managing Director of Government Relations and Public Policy, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC
- Katherine Frey, M.D., Director of Patient Blood Utilization Management, Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Peter Gosselin, Senior Healthcare Analyst, Bloomberg Government
- Peter G. Gudaitis, President, Aculabs Inc.
- Eric Hammelman, Vice President, Avalere Health
- Eleanor Herriman, M.D., MBA, Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Patric Hooper Esq., Founding Partner, Hooper Lundy Bookman
- Annette Iacono, Vice President, Brookside Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
- Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto, GBA
- Tara Kochis, President, Slone Partners
- Paul Koeppel, Laboratory Business Operations Manager, Intermountain Healthcare Central Entities
- Gail Marcus, President and CEO, Calloway Laboratories, Inc.
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Kathleen Murphy, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Chi Solutions, Inc.
- Richard Nicholson, CEO, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- John H. Scott, Vice President, Advocacy and Policy, College of American Pathologists
- Khosrow Shotorbani, CEO, TriCore Reference Laboratories
- Ajit Singh, Partner, Artiman Ventures
- Joseph Skrisson, Chief Operating Officer, Dynacare Laboratories
- Leslie A. Sprick, MT (ASCP), Owner & CEO, Sprick Group
- Susan Stegall, Owner and CEO of M.S. Stegall and Associates, LLC
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions LLC
- Gregory Solak, Vice President, Laboratory Services, Kaleida Health
- Steve Stonecypher, Director of Managed Care, American Pathology Partners
- Scott Taillie, VP of Marketing & Business Development, Alere, Inc.
- Douglas M. VanOort,, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Francisco Velàzquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Ritu S. Ward, MAOM, MT (ASCP), Assistant Vice President, Carolinas Laboratory Network
- Wayne Wecksler, Ph.D., General Manager, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories
- Dennis Weissman, Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence and Program Chair
- Lâle White, Executive Chairman and CEO, XIFIN
- Christopher Wixom, M.D., President, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Jane Pine Wood, Member, McDonald Hopkins
- Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services, and Editor, G2 Compliance Advisor
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2014, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1-800-531-1026. Special $200 savings for early registrants is available through Friday, September 5. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 603-357-8229 to facilitate your registration, or email [email protected].
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Mike Johnston, an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io, will discuss how to use Kubernetes to setup a SaaS infrastructure for your business. Mike Johnston is an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io with over 12 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining server and workstation infrastructure at all scales. He has experience with brick and mortar data centers as well as cloud providers like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace....
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,431
Feb. 21, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,284
Feb. 21, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 403
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,541
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 431
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 724
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,059
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,226
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,387
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,183
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 763
Feb. 21, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 686
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 4,515
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 590
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,154