|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 12:18 PM EDT||
G2 Intelligence — a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for Lab Institute 2014: Inflection Point for Labs, the one event where lab medicine, business and technology, and public policy meet. The event will be held at a new venue in the heart of our nation’s capital, October 15-17, at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill.
“Clinical laboratory, anatomic pathology, and diagnostic testing executives are facing a crucial period of transition. And, the time for companies to reset their competitive and profitability targets by gaining a deeper understanding of market dynamics reshaping the lab and pathology sectors is now,” says Dennis Weissman, G2 Intelligence’s Founder and Executive Editor, and Lab Institute Program Chair. G2 Intelligence’s Managing Director, Stephanie Murg, adds “This year’s Institute is focused on addressing the confluence of unprecedented changes impacting the entire industry — and steps organizations can take to grow and remain profitable.”
G2 is pleased to announce five keynote speakers, all renowned industry leaders in their fields.
- Marc D. Grodman, M.D., Chairman, President and CEO, Bio-Reference Laboratories, who will address the State of the Lab Industry in a dynamic interactive session
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Director and Senior Vice President for Laboratory Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System; Chair, Department of Pathology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine — Coordinated Care: The Pivot Point for Pathology and Laboratory Services
- Paul Keckley, Ph.D., Managing Director, Navigant Healthcare and Navigant Center for Healthcare Research and Policy Analysis — The Acceleration of the ACA: How to Prepare for Health Reform 2.0
- Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics — Raising the Bar for Clinical Diagnostics
- George Poste, D.V.M., D.Sc., Ph.D., Chief Scientist, Complex Adaptive Systems and Regents’ Professor and Del E. Webb Chair in Health Innovation, Arizona State University — From Big Data to Sensor Technology: The Future of Lab Testing
The three-day event surrounding the theme, Inflection Point for Labs, also features an exciting roster of powerful general sessions, 12 new breakout sessions in four crucial focus areas, and two pre-conference workshops. Topics include:
- Lab Town Hall: Taking the Pulse of an Industry in Flux
- Reimbursement and Policy Outlook for Labs and Pathologists
- How the ACA is Driving Medicare Reforms and Market Realignment
- Lab Pricing, Coverage, and Transparency: Financial and Policy Implications for Labs
- The Power of Laboratory Data: Providing Added Value Through Real-Time Analytics
- What Can the Galapagos Teach Us About Innovation? A Blueprint for the Next Generation in Diagnostics
- Can’t-Miss Closing Session! G2 Power Players: The Way Forward for Labs
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops: Lab Management Boot Camp: Improving Bottom-Line Performance; and Reinventing the Hospital Laboratory in a Changing Market
- AND a just-announced post-conference symposium: Getting a Piece of the Private Payer Market: Lab Contracting Trends, Pricing Realities and Business Outlook
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
- Richard Adams, Administrative Director, Summa Health System/ LabCarePLUS
- Julie Scott Allen, Government Relations Director and Senior VP, District Policy Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath; and Washington representative for the American Association of Bioanalysts & National Independent Laboratory Association
- Michael Armstrong, CLS, ASCP, SC, DLM, Chief Operating Officer, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Janet Cohen, Director of IT, Genesis Biotechnology Group
- Neil Crowson, M.D., FCAP, FRCPC, Chief of Staff, St. John Health System; President, Pathology Laboratory Associates and Vice President, Regional Medical Laboratory
- Ben Davis, M.D., Chairman & CEO, PathGroup
- Lee Dilworth, Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, American Pathology Partners
- Brenda Eriksen, M.D., Medical Director of System Laboratories, Community Healthcare System
- Keith Fontenot, Managing Director of Government Relations and Public Policy, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC
- Katherine Frey, M.D., Director of Patient Blood Utilization Management, Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Peter Gosselin, Senior Healthcare Analyst, Bloomberg Government
- Peter G. Gudaitis, President, Aculabs Inc.
- Eric Hammelman, Vice President, Avalere Health
- Eleanor Herriman, M.D., MBA, Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Patric Hooper Esq., Founding Partner, Hooper Lundy Bookman
- Annette Iacono, Vice President, Brookside Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
- Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto, GBA
- Tara Kochis, President, Slone Partners
- Paul Koeppel, Laboratory Business Operations Manager, Intermountain Healthcare Central Entities
- Gail Marcus, President and CEO, Calloway Laboratories, Inc.
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Kathleen Murphy, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Chi Solutions, Inc.
- Richard Nicholson, CEO, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- John H. Scott, Vice President, Advocacy and Policy, College of American Pathologists
- Khosrow Shotorbani, CEO, TriCore Reference Laboratories
- Ajit Singh, Partner, Artiman Ventures
- Joseph Skrisson, Chief Operating Officer, Dynacare Laboratories
- Leslie A. Sprick, MT (ASCP), Owner & CEO, Sprick Group
- Susan Stegall, Owner and CEO of M.S. Stegall and Associates, LLC
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions LLC
- Gregory Solak, Vice President, Laboratory Services, Kaleida Health
- Steve Stonecypher, Director of Managed Care, American Pathology Partners
- Scott Taillie, VP of Marketing & Business Development, Alere, Inc.
- Douglas M. VanOort,, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Francisco Velàzquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Ritu S. Ward, MAOM, MT (ASCP), Assistant Vice President, Carolinas Laboratory Network
- Wayne Wecksler, Ph.D., General Manager, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories
- Dennis Weissman, Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence and Program Chair
- Lâle White, Executive Chairman and CEO, XIFIN
- Christopher Wixom, M.D., President, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Jane Pine Wood, Member, McDonald Hopkins
- Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services, and Editor, G2 Compliance Advisor
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2014, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1-800-531-1026. Special $200 savings for early registrants is available through Friday, September 5. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 603-357-8229 to facilitate your registration, or email [email protected].
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,502
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,472
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 29, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 888
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 29, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,802
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 29, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,347
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,285
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,570
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 917
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 29, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 944
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 29, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 980
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 29, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,052
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 28, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,380
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 28, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 28, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 28, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,627