|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 12:18 PM EDT||
G2 Intelligence — a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for Lab Institute 2014: Inflection Point for Labs, the one event where lab medicine, business and technology, and public policy meet. The event will be held at a new venue in the heart of our nation’s capital, October 15-17, at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill.
“Clinical laboratory, anatomic pathology, and diagnostic testing executives are facing a crucial period of transition. And, the time for companies to reset their competitive and profitability targets by gaining a deeper understanding of market dynamics reshaping the lab and pathology sectors is now,” says Dennis Weissman, G2 Intelligence’s Founder and Executive Editor, and Lab Institute Program Chair. G2 Intelligence’s Managing Director, Stephanie Murg, adds “This year’s Institute is focused on addressing the confluence of unprecedented changes impacting the entire industry — and steps organizations can take to grow and remain profitable.”
G2 is pleased to announce five keynote speakers, all renowned industry leaders in their fields.
- Marc D. Grodman, M.D., Chairman, President and CEO, Bio-Reference Laboratories, who will address the State of the Lab Industry in a dynamic interactive session
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Director and Senior Vice President for Laboratory Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System; Chair, Department of Pathology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine — Coordinated Care: The Pivot Point for Pathology and Laboratory Services
- Paul Keckley, Ph.D., Managing Director, Navigant Healthcare and Navigant Center for Healthcare Research and Policy Analysis — The Acceleration of the ACA: How to Prepare for Health Reform 2.0
- Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics — Raising the Bar for Clinical Diagnostics
- George Poste, D.V.M., D.Sc., Ph.D., Chief Scientist, Complex Adaptive Systems and Regents’ Professor and Del E. Webb Chair in Health Innovation, Arizona State University — From Big Data to Sensor Technology: The Future of Lab Testing
The three-day event surrounding the theme, Inflection Point for Labs, also features an exciting roster of powerful general sessions, 12 new breakout sessions in four crucial focus areas, and two pre-conference workshops. Topics include:
- Lab Town Hall: Taking the Pulse of an Industry in Flux
- Reimbursement and Policy Outlook for Labs and Pathologists
- How the ACA is Driving Medicare Reforms and Market Realignment
- Lab Pricing, Coverage, and Transparency: Financial and Policy Implications for Labs
- The Power of Laboratory Data: Providing Added Value Through Real-Time Analytics
- What Can the Galapagos Teach Us About Innovation? A Blueprint for the Next Generation in Diagnostics
- Can’t-Miss Closing Session! G2 Power Players: The Way Forward for Labs
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops: Lab Management Boot Camp: Improving Bottom-Line Performance; and Reinventing the Hospital Laboratory in a Changing Market
- AND a just-announced post-conference symposium: Getting a Piece of the Private Payer Market: Lab Contracting Trends, Pricing Realities and Business Outlook
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
- Richard Adams, Administrative Director, Summa Health System/ LabCarePLUS
- Julie Scott Allen, Government Relations Director and Senior VP, District Policy Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath; and Washington representative for the American Association of Bioanalysts & National Independent Laboratory Association
- Michael Armstrong, CLS, ASCP, SC, DLM, Chief Operating Officer, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Janet Cohen, Director of IT, Genesis Biotechnology Group
- Neil Crowson, M.D., FCAP, FRCPC, Chief of Staff, St. John Health System; President, Pathology Laboratory Associates and Vice President, Regional Medical Laboratory
- Ben Davis, M.D., Chairman & CEO, PathGroup
- Lee Dilworth, Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, American Pathology Partners
- Brenda Eriksen, M.D., Medical Director of System Laboratories, Community Healthcare System
- Keith Fontenot, Managing Director of Government Relations and Public Policy, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC
- Katherine Frey, M.D., Director of Patient Blood Utilization Management, Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Peter Gosselin, Senior Healthcare Analyst, Bloomberg Government
- Peter G. Gudaitis, President, Aculabs Inc.
- Eric Hammelman, Vice President, Avalere Health
- Eleanor Herriman, M.D., MBA, Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Patric Hooper Esq., Founding Partner, Hooper Lundy Bookman
- Annette Iacono, Vice President, Brookside Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
- Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto, GBA
- Tara Kochis, President, Slone Partners
- Paul Koeppel, Laboratory Business Operations Manager, Intermountain Healthcare Central Entities
- Gail Marcus, President and CEO, Calloway Laboratories, Inc.
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Kathleen Murphy, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Chi Solutions, Inc.
- Richard Nicholson, CEO, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- John H. Scott, Vice President, Advocacy and Policy, College of American Pathologists
- Khosrow Shotorbani, CEO, TriCore Reference Laboratories
- Ajit Singh, Partner, Artiman Ventures
- Joseph Skrisson, Chief Operating Officer, Dynacare Laboratories
- Leslie A. Sprick, MT (ASCP), Owner & CEO, Sprick Group
- Susan Stegall, Owner and CEO of M.S. Stegall and Associates, LLC
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions LLC
- Gregory Solak, Vice President, Laboratory Services, Kaleida Health
- Steve Stonecypher, Director of Managed Care, American Pathology Partners
- Scott Taillie, VP of Marketing & Business Development, Alere, Inc.
- Douglas M. VanOort,, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Francisco Velàzquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Ritu S. Ward, MAOM, MT (ASCP), Assistant Vice President, Carolinas Laboratory Network
- Wayne Wecksler, Ph.D., General Manager, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories
- Dennis Weissman, Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence and Program Chair
- Lâle White, Executive Chairman and CEO, XIFIN
- Christopher Wixom, M.D., President, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Jane Pine Wood, Member, McDonald Hopkins
- Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services, and Editor, G2 Compliance Advisor
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2014, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1-800-531-1026. Special $200 savings for early registrants is available through Friday, September 5. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 603-357-8229 to facilitate your registration, or email [email protected].
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,276
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,926
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,662
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 300
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,485
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,440
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 914
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,980
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 840
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 333
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 796
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,567
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,745
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,011