|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 12:18 PM EDT||
G2 Intelligence — a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for Lab Institute 2014: Inflection Point for Labs, the one event where lab medicine, business and technology, and public policy meet. The event will be held at a new venue in the heart of our nation’s capital, October 15-17, at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill.
“Clinical laboratory, anatomic pathology, and diagnostic testing executives are facing a crucial period of transition. And, the time for companies to reset their competitive and profitability targets by gaining a deeper understanding of market dynamics reshaping the lab and pathology sectors is now,” says Dennis Weissman, G2 Intelligence’s Founder and Executive Editor, and Lab Institute Program Chair. G2 Intelligence’s Managing Director, Stephanie Murg, adds “This year’s Institute is focused on addressing the confluence of unprecedented changes impacting the entire industry — and steps organizations can take to grow and remain profitable.”
G2 is pleased to announce five keynote speakers, all renowned industry leaders in their fields.
- Marc D. Grodman, M.D., Chairman, President and CEO, Bio-Reference Laboratories, who will address the State of the Lab Industry in a dynamic interactive session
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Director and Senior Vice President for Laboratory Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System; Chair, Department of Pathology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine — Coordinated Care: The Pivot Point for Pathology and Laboratory Services
- Paul Keckley, Ph.D., Managing Director, Navigant Healthcare and Navigant Center for Healthcare Research and Policy Analysis — The Acceleration of the ACA: How to Prepare for Health Reform 2.0
- Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics — Raising the Bar for Clinical Diagnostics
- George Poste, D.V.M., D.Sc., Ph.D., Chief Scientist, Complex Adaptive Systems and Regents’ Professor and Del E. Webb Chair in Health Innovation, Arizona State University — From Big Data to Sensor Technology: The Future of Lab Testing
The three-day event surrounding the theme, Inflection Point for Labs, also features an exciting roster of powerful general sessions, 12 new breakout sessions in four crucial focus areas, and two pre-conference workshops. Topics include:
- Lab Town Hall: Taking the Pulse of an Industry in Flux
- Reimbursement and Policy Outlook for Labs and Pathologists
- How the ACA is Driving Medicare Reforms and Market Realignment
- Lab Pricing, Coverage, and Transparency: Financial and Policy Implications for Labs
- The Power of Laboratory Data: Providing Added Value Through Real-Time Analytics
- What Can the Galapagos Teach Us About Innovation? A Blueprint for the Next Generation in Diagnostics
- Can’t-Miss Closing Session! G2 Power Players: The Way Forward for Labs
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops: Lab Management Boot Camp: Improving Bottom-Line Performance; and Reinventing the Hospital Laboratory in a Changing Market
- AND a just-announced post-conference symposium: Getting a Piece of the Private Payer Market: Lab Contracting Trends, Pricing Realities and Business Outlook
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
- Richard Adams, Administrative Director, Summa Health System/ LabCarePLUS
- Julie Scott Allen, Government Relations Director and Senior VP, District Policy Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath; and Washington representative for the American Association of Bioanalysts & National Independent Laboratory Association
- Michael Armstrong, CLS, ASCP, SC, DLM, Chief Operating Officer, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Janet Cohen, Director of IT, Genesis Biotechnology Group
- Neil Crowson, M.D., FCAP, FRCPC, Chief of Staff, St. John Health System; President, Pathology Laboratory Associates and Vice President, Regional Medical Laboratory
- Ben Davis, M.D., Chairman & CEO, PathGroup
- Lee Dilworth, Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, American Pathology Partners
- Brenda Eriksen, M.D., Medical Director of System Laboratories, Community Healthcare System
- Keith Fontenot, Managing Director of Government Relations and Public Policy, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC
- Katherine Frey, M.D., Director of Patient Blood Utilization Management, Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Peter Gosselin, Senior Healthcare Analyst, Bloomberg Government
- Peter G. Gudaitis, President, Aculabs Inc.
- Eric Hammelman, Vice President, Avalere Health
- Eleanor Herriman, M.D., MBA, Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Patric Hooper Esq., Founding Partner, Hooper Lundy Bookman
- Annette Iacono, Vice President, Brookside Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
- Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto, GBA
- Tara Kochis, President, Slone Partners
- Paul Koeppel, Laboratory Business Operations Manager, Intermountain Healthcare Central Entities
- Gail Marcus, President and CEO, Calloway Laboratories, Inc.
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Kathleen Murphy, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Chi Solutions, Inc.
- Richard Nicholson, CEO, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- John H. Scott, Vice President, Advocacy and Policy, College of American Pathologists
- Khosrow Shotorbani, CEO, TriCore Reference Laboratories
- Ajit Singh, Partner, Artiman Ventures
- Joseph Skrisson, Chief Operating Officer, Dynacare Laboratories
- Leslie A. Sprick, MT (ASCP), Owner & CEO, Sprick Group
- Susan Stegall, Owner and CEO of M.S. Stegall and Associates, LLC
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions LLC
- Gregory Solak, Vice President, Laboratory Services, Kaleida Health
- Steve Stonecypher, Director of Managed Care, American Pathology Partners
- Scott Taillie, VP of Marketing & Business Development, Alere, Inc.
- Douglas M. VanOort,, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Francisco Velàzquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Ritu S. Ward, MAOM, MT (ASCP), Assistant Vice President, Carolinas Laboratory Network
- Wayne Wecksler, Ph.D., General Manager, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories
- Dennis Weissman, Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence and Program Chair
- Lâle White, Executive Chairman and CEO, XIFIN
- Christopher Wixom, M.D., President, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Jane Pine Wood, Member, McDonald Hopkins
- Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services, and Editor, G2 Compliance Advisor
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2014, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1-800-531-1026. Special $200 savings for early registrants is available through Friday, September 5. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 603-357-8229 to facilitate your registration, or email [email protected].
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 499
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,442
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
Apr. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,712
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 335
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,411
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,702
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 649
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,788
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,636
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,674
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,557
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 873