|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 12:18 PM EDT||
G2 Intelligence — a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for Lab Institute 2014: Inflection Point for Labs, the one event where lab medicine, business and technology, and public policy meet. The event will be held at a new venue in the heart of our nation’s capital, October 15-17, at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill.
“Clinical laboratory, anatomic pathology, and diagnostic testing executives are facing a crucial period of transition. And, the time for companies to reset their competitive and profitability targets by gaining a deeper understanding of market dynamics reshaping the lab and pathology sectors is now,” says Dennis Weissman, G2 Intelligence’s Founder and Executive Editor, and Lab Institute Program Chair. G2 Intelligence’s Managing Director, Stephanie Murg, adds “This year’s Institute is focused on addressing the confluence of unprecedented changes impacting the entire industry — and steps organizations can take to grow and remain profitable.”
G2 is pleased to announce five keynote speakers, all renowned industry leaders in their fields.
- Marc D. Grodman, M.D., Chairman, President and CEO, Bio-Reference Laboratories, who will address the State of the Lab Industry in a dynamic interactive session
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Director and Senior Vice President for Laboratory Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System; Chair, Department of Pathology, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine — Coordinated Care: The Pivot Point for Pathology and Laboratory Services
- Paul Keckley, Ph.D., Managing Director, Navigant Healthcare and Navigant Center for Healthcare Research and Policy Analysis — The Acceleration of the ACA: How to Prepare for Health Reform 2.0
- Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics — Raising the Bar for Clinical Diagnostics
- George Poste, D.V.M., D.Sc., Ph.D., Chief Scientist, Complex Adaptive Systems and Regents’ Professor and Del E. Webb Chair in Health Innovation, Arizona State University — From Big Data to Sensor Technology: The Future of Lab Testing
The three-day event surrounding the theme, Inflection Point for Labs, also features an exciting roster of powerful general sessions, 12 new breakout sessions in four crucial focus areas, and two pre-conference workshops. Topics include:
- Lab Town Hall: Taking the Pulse of an Industry in Flux
- Reimbursement and Policy Outlook for Labs and Pathologists
- How the ACA is Driving Medicare Reforms and Market Realignment
- Lab Pricing, Coverage, and Transparency: Financial and Policy Implications for Labs
- The Power of Laboratory Data: Providing Added Value Through Real-Time Analytics
- What Can the Galapagos Teach Us About Innovation? A Blueprint for the Next Generation in Diagnostics
- Can’t-Miss Closing Session! G2 Power Players: The Way Forward for Labs
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops: Lab Management Boot Camp: Improving Bottom-Line Performance; and Reinventing the Hospital Laboratory in a Changing Market
- AND a just-announced post-conference symposium: Getting a Piece of the Private Payer Market: Lab Contracting Trends, Pricing Realities and Business Outlook
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
- Richard Adams, Administrative Director, Summa Health System/ LabCarePLUS
- Julie Scott Allen, Government Relations Director and Senior VP, District Policy Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath; and Washington representative for the American Association of Bioanalysts & National Independent Laboratory Association
- Michael Armstrong, CLS, ASCP, SC, DLM, Chief Operating Officer, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Janet Cohen, Director of IT, Genesis Biotechnology Group
- Neil Crowson, M.D., FCAP, FRCPC, Chief of Staff, St. John Health System; President, Pathology Laboratory Associates and Vice President, Regional Medical Laboratory
- Ben Davis, M.D., Chairman & CEO, PathGroup
- Lee Dilworth, Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, American Pathology Partners
- Brenda Eriksen, M.D., Medical Director of System Laboratories, Community Healthcare System
- Keith Fontenot, Managing Director of Government Relations and Public Policy, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC
- Katherine Frey, M.D., Director of Patient Blood Utilization Management, Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Peter Gosselin, Senior Healthcare Analyst, Bloomberg Government
- Peter G. Gudaitis, President, Aculabs Inc.
- Eric Hammelman, Vice President, Avalere Health
- Eleanor Herriman, M.D., MBA, Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Patric Hooper Esq., Founding Partner, Hooper Lundy Bookman
- Annette Iacono, Vice President, Brookside Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
- Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto, GBA
- Tara Kochis, President, Slone Partners
- Paul Koeppel, Laboratory Business Operations Manager, Intermountain Healthcare Central Entities
- Gail Marcus, President and CEO, Calloway Laboratories, Inc.
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Kathleen Murphy, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Chi Solutions, Inc.
- Richard Nicholson, CEO, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- John H. Scott, Vice President, Advocacy and Policy, College of American Pathologists
- Khosrow Shotorbani, CEO, TriCore Reference Laboratories
- Ajit Singh, Partner, Artiman Ventures
- Joseph Skrisson, Chief Operating Officer, Dynacare Laboratories
- Leslie A. Sprick, MT (ASCP), Owner & CEO, Sprick Group
- Susan Stegall, Owner and CEO of M.S. Stegall and Associates, LLC
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions LLC
- Gregory Solak, Vice President, Laboratory Services, Kaleida Health
- Steve Stonecypher, Director of Managed Care, American Pathology Partners
- Scott Taillie, VP of Marketing & Business Development, Alere, Inc.
- Douglas M. VanOort,, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Francisco Velàzquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Ritu S. Ward, MAOM, MT (ASCP), Assistant Vice President, Carolinas Laboratory Network
- Wayne Wecksler, Ph.D., General Manager, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories
- Dennis Weissman, Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence and Program Chair
- Lâle White, Executive Chairman and CEO, XIFIN
- Christopher Wixom, M.D., President, Pacific Rim Pathology and Analytic Pathology Medical Groups
- Jane Pine Wood, Member, McDonald Hopkins
- Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services, and Editor, G2 Compliance Advisor
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2014, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1-800-531-1026. Special $200 savings for early registrants is available through Friday, September 5. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 603-357-8229 to facilitate your registration, or email [email protected].
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,325
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,346
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,674
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,315
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,094
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,735
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,349
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 684
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,920
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,834
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,926
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,305
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,694
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,442
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,952