|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 09:30 PM EDT||
VMTurbo, creator of the only software-driven control platform for the software-defined enterprise, announced record quarterly earnings in Q2 of 2014. The second quarter was VMTurbo's 16th consecutive record quarter, achieving 177% year-over-year growth. Additionally, VMTurbo extended its fabric and storage module control system extensions to include support for Cisco UCS and EMC VNX, thereby supporting Flexpod and Vblock market options to drive application assurance and data center efficiencies, helping advanced customers fundamentally transform and future-proof their virtualized data centers.
Along with strong revenue growth and product innovation, VMTurbo now serves more than 1,000 advanced customers such as Salesforce.com, RBC, Tribune Media, Scripps Health, QVC and Rabobank and has launched an online social community called, “the Green Circle”, where the World’s most sophisticated virtualized data center customers share ideas, best practices and industry knowledge.
“It’s been an exciting year at VMTurbo so far,” said CEO Ben Nye. “Our team is passionate about helping our 1,000+ advanced customers monitor, automate and control their virtualized data centers to keep them in a continuously healthy state. We love showing our customers the incredible value of our control solution. In less than 15 minutes, our customers realize that defining their environments in software is only a first step towards realizing the strategic value of virtualization. Next, they must drive resiliency and efficiency by adding control over their infrastructure wherever applications need to run. We’re proud to be enabling this shift to Software-Driven Data Center Control.”
“VMTurbo has continued the strong growth we saw in 2013 with the biggest quarter we’ve ever seen – Q2, 2014,” said VMTurbo CFO Mo Garad. “Our business is performing across all levels, enabling us to grow faster than any other company in virtualization.”
Key metrics thus far for 2014 include:
- 177% year over year growth - resulting in a compounded annual growth rate of over 300% since inception
- Serving more than 1000 advanced customers - adding more customers in Q2 than any quarter before. Other notable customer additions include Manhattan Associates, Cablevision, Carfax, Infosys, Expedient Communications, Bloomin' Brands, and Sephora
According to TechValidate:
- 89% of VMTurbo customers are realizing a return on their investment (ROI) in 3 months or less with VMTurbo (TechValidate)
- 80% of customers increased resource utilization by at least 20% since deploying VMTurbo
- Almost 70% of customers have automated repetitive management of their virtualized environments with VMTurbo
- More than doubling the size of the VMTurbo Turbo Team and relocating to a new, larger office in downtown Boston
“To strengthen our leadership position we’re announcing support for OpenStack, building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into the OpenStack core,” said VMTurbo President and CTO Shmuel Kliger. “This support of OpenStack furthers the vision for VMTurbo by expanding IT agility through reducing vendor lock-in and enabling heterogeneous control to preserve flexibility for the future.”
Key technology innovations include:
- Further expanding VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control across the IT stack with new hardware support built into Control Modules for Storage and Fabric. This expanded support provides customers the ability to drive more comprehensive management of virtualized workloads in converged infrastructure such as Flexpod and Vblock, as well as in storage control, including support for EMC VNX, enabling up to 30% improvement in utilization
- New support for OpenStack, including contributions back to the community building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into OpenStack, joining our existing support for VMWare, Microsoft, RedHat and Citrix environments
- The new ability to reserve capacity for future workloads, by enabling not only the scheduling of those workloads but for VMTurbo to reserve adequate capacity for those workloads to launch when needed – our customers asked, and we delivered
- Patents covering proprietary uses of economic principles in the management and control of IT environments
Numerous improvements in VMTurbo’s patented, award-winning
Software-Driven Control including:
- Cluster Flattening enabling vMotions across cluster boundaries
- Broader APIs, e.g. action settings, inventory information
- Improved support for Microsoft Hyper-V HA and Maintenance mode (e.g. recognize and manage for) to assure performance of High Availability
Action management by accounting for cost vs. impact of actions,
- Location matters: Move inside cluster is cheap, across clusters expensive, across clouds very expensive
- Size matters: much cheaper to move a small VM vs. e.g., a file sharing VM
- Benefit matters: e.g., if benefit is marginal and cost is high, we may not want to do it
- Storage with better representation of multiple CPU controllers, improved representation of avg cpu
Resource pools as VDCs enabling user to:
- Control Resource pools, e.g. resize CPU and memory allocations
- Visualize resource pool dependencies via nested pools hierarchy
- Aggregate Reporting, e.g. include all the underlying VMs in the hierarchy
- Reporting bringing existing reports into the core UI, more easily share reports and integrate with external tools, e.g. Splunk
“What’s most gratifying is not only the response we’ve received from our advanced customers,” said VMTurbo CMO Geeta Sachdev, “but the response from the larger IT community. The community has begun embracing the idea that cloud and virtual environments have grown beyond human scale in size and complexity, and needs a new approach.”
Industry accolades include:
- Receiving the 2014 Tech Trailblazers first place award in the virtualization category as well as the Tech Trailblazers runner-up award in the cloud category
- Receiving numerous other awards, such as: Named #26 in Forbes Most Promising Companies, CRN’s 2014 Emerging Vendors, and awarded the Bronze medal by Tech Target in their Storage Management category
Gaining the attention of leading minds in the virtualization
blogosphere who added their voices in support of VMTurbo’s unique
approach, such as:
- Chris Wahl (wahlnetwork.com): "...from a UCS perspective, I'm really digging this bad boy." (http://wahlnetwork.com/2014/05/08/rockin-vmturbos-operations-manager-ucs-integration)
- Jeff Wilson (agnosticcomputing.com): "…products like [VMTurbo] are the future of IT. VMTurbo is awesome and unique in an on-prem context as it bridges the gap between cost & operations, but it’s also kind of a window into our future as IT pros. That’s because if your employer is cloud-focused at all, the infrastructure-as-market-economy model is going to be in your future, like it or not. Cloud compute/storage/network, to a large extent, is all about supply, demand, consumption, production and bursting of resources against your OpEx budget. What’s neat about VMTurbo is not just that it’s going to help you get the most out of the CapEx you spent on your gear, but also that it helps you shift your thinking a bit, away from up/down, latency, and login times to a rationalized economic model you’ll need in the years ahead.” (http://agnosticcomputing.com/2014/06/11/30-days-hands-on-with-vmturbos-opsman-vfd3/)
What to expect in the second half of 2014 and beyond
“Expect more great things later this year and next as VMTurbo expands Software-Driven Control further up into the application layer, delivering control that is not only application-aware, but application-driven,” concluded Kliger. “As well as a new way of imagining clusters in a Software-Defined world…”
VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control platform enables organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to assure application performance while maximizing infrastructure efficiency. VMTurbo’s patented market-based approach dynamically adjusts configuration, resource allocation and workload placement to meet service levels and business goals, and is the only technology capable of closing the loop in IT operation by automating the decision-making process to maintain an environment in a healthy state.
The VMTurbo platform first launched in August 2010 and since that time more than 10,000 users worldwide have deployed the platform, including JP Morgan Chase, Aetna, Colgate-Palmolive and Salesforce.com. Using VMTurbo, our customers ensure that applications get the resources they need to operate reliably, while utilizing their most valuable infrastructure and human resources most efficiently.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,486
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,397
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,372
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,534
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,541
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 26, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,881
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 26, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,597
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,646
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,959
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,075
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,415
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,569
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,651
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,417
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,060