|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 09:30 PM EDT||
VMTurbo, creator of the only software-driven control platform for the software-defined enterprise, announced record quarterly earnings in Q2 of 2014. The second quarter was VMTurbo's 16th consecutive record quarter, achieving 177% year-over-year growth. Additionally, VMTurbo extended its fabric and storage module control system extensions to include support for Cisco UCS and EMC VNX, thereby supporting Flexpod and Vblock market options to drive application assurance and data center efficiencies, helping advanced customers fundamentally transform and future-proof their virtualized data centers.
Along with strong revenue growth and product innovation, VMTurbo now serves more than 1,000 advanced customers such as Salesforce.com, RBC, Tribune Media, Scripps Health, QVC and Rabobank and has launched an online social community called, “the Green Circle”, where the World’s most sophisticated virtualized data center customers share ideas, best practices and industry knowledge.
“It’s been an exciting year at VMTurbo so far,” said CEO Ben Nye. “Our team is passionate about helping our 1,000+ advanced customers monitor, automate and control their virtualized data centers to keep them in a continuously healthy state. We love showing our customers the incredible value of our control solution. In less than 15 minutes, our customers realize that defining their environments in software is only a first step towards realizing the strategic value of virtualization. Next, they must drive resiliency and efficiency by adding control over their infrastructure wherever applications need to run. We’re proud to be enabling this shift to Software-Driven Data Center Control.”
“VMTurbo has continued the strong growth we saw in 2013 with the biggest quarter we’ve ever seen – Q2, 2014,” said VMTurbo CFO Mo Garad. “Our business is performing across all levels, enabling us to grow faster than any other company in virtualization.”
Key metrics thus far for 2014 include:
- 177% year over year growth - resulting in a compounded annual growth rate of over 300% since inception
- Serving more than 1000 advanced customers - adding more customers in Q2 than any quarter before. Other notable customer additions include Manhattan Associates, Cablevision, Carfax, Infosys, Expedient Communications, Bloomin' Brands, and Sephora
According to TechValidate:
- 89% of VMTurbo customers are realizing a return on their investment (ROI) in 3 months or less with VMTurbo (TechValidate)
- 80% of customers increased resource utilization by at least 20% since deploying VMTurbo
- Almost 70% of customers have automated repetitive management of their virtualized environments with VMTurbo
- More than doubling the size of the VMTurbo Turbo Team and relocating to a new, larger office in downtown Boston
“To strengthen our leadership position we’re announcing support for OpenStack, building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into the OpenStack core,” said VMTurbo President and CTO Shmuel Kliger. “This support of OpenStack furthers the vision for VMTurbo by expanding IT agility through reducing vendor lock-in and enabling heterogeneous control to preserve flexibility for the future.”
Key technology innovations include:
- Further expanding VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control across the IT stack with new hardware support built into Control Modules for Storage and Fabric. This expanded support provides customers the ability to drive more comprehensive management of virtualized workloads in converged infrastructure such as Flexpod and Vblock, as well as in storage control, including support for EMC VNX, enabling up to 30% improvement in utilization
- New support for OpenStack, including contributions back to the community building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into OpenStack, joining our existing support for VMWare, Microsoft, RedHat and Citrix environments
- The new ability to reserve capacity for future workloads, by enabling not only the scheduling of those workloads but for VMTurbo to reserve adequate capacity for those workloads to launch when needed – our customers asked, and we delivered
- Patents covering proprietary uses of economic principles in the management and control of IT environments
Numerous improvements in VMTurbo’s patented, award-winning
Software-Driven Control including:
- Cluster Flattening enabling vMotions across cluster boundaries
- Broader APIs, e.g. action settings, inventory information
- Improved support for Microsoft Hyper-V HA and Maintenance mode (e.g. recognize and manage for) to assure performance of High Availability
Action management by accounting for cost vs. impact of actions,
- Location matters: Move inside cluster is cheap, across clusters expensive, across clouds very expensive
- Size matters: much cheaper to move a small VM vs. e.g., a file sharing VM
- Benefit matters: e.g., if benefit is marginal and cost is high, we may not want to do it
- Storage with better representation of multiple CPU controllers, improved representation of avg cpu
Resource pools as VDCs enabling user to:
- Control Resource pools, e.g. resize CPU and memory allocations
- Visualize resource pool dependencies via nested pools hierarchy
- Aggregate Reporting, e.g. include all the underlying VMs in the hierarchy
- Reporting bringing existing reports into the core UI, more easily share reports and integrate with external tools, e.g. Splunk
“What’s most gratifying is not only the response we’ve received from our advanced customers,” said VMTurbo CMO Geeta Sachdev, “but the response from the larger IT community. The community has begun embracing the idea that cloud and virtual environments have grown beyond human scale in size and complexity, and needs a new approach.”
Industry accolades include:
- Receiving the 2014 Tech Trailblazers first place award in the virtualization category as well as the Tech Trailblazers runner-up award in the cloud category
- Receiving numerous other awards, such as: Named #26 in Forbes Most Promising Companies, CRN’s 2014 Emerging Vendors, and awarded the Bronze medal by Tech Target in their Storage Management category
Gaining the attention of leading minds in the virtualization
blogosphere who added their voices in support of VMTurbo’s unique
approach, such as:
- Chris Wahl (wahlnetwork.com): "...from a UCS perspective, I'm really digging this bad boy." (http://wahlnetwork.com/2014/05/08/rockin-vmturbos-operations-manager-ucs-integration)
- Jeff Wilson (agnosticcomputing.com): "…products like [VMTurbo] are the future of IT. VMTurbo is awesome and unique in an on-prem context as it bridges the gap between cost & operations, but it’s also kind of a window into our future as IT pros. That’s because if your employer is cloud-focused at all, the infrastructure-as-market-economy model is going to be in your future, like it or not. Cloud compute/storage/network, to a large extent, is all about supply, demand, consumption, production and bursting of resources against your OpEx budget. What’s neat about VMTurbo is not just that it’s going to help you get the most out of the CapEx you spent on your gear, but also that it helps you shift your thinking a bit, away from up/down, latency, and login times to a rationalized economic model you’ll need in the years ahead.” (http://agnosticcomputing.com/2014/06/11/30-days-hands-on-with-vmturbos-opsman-vfd3/)
What to expect in the second half of 2014 and beyond
“Expect more great things later this year and next as VMTurbo expands Software-Driven Control further up into the application layer, delivering control that is not only application-aware, but application-driven,” concluded Kliger. “As well as a new way of imagining clusters in a Software-Defined world…”
VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control platform enables organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to assure application performance while maximizing infrastructure efficiency. VMTurbo’s patented market-based approach dynamically adjusts configuration, resource allocation and workload placement to meet service levels and business goals, and is the only technology capable of closing the loop in IT operation by automating the decision-making process to maintain an environment in a healthy state.
The VMTurbo platform first launched in August 2010 and since that time more than 10,000 users worldwide have deployed the platform, including JP Morgan Chase, Aetna, Colgate-Palmolive and Salesforce.com. Using VMTurbo, our customers ensure that applications get the resources they need to operate reliably, while utilizing their most valuable infrastructure and human resources most efficiently.
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,582
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,196
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,047
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,750
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,497
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,901
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,633
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,568
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,367
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,781