|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 09:30 PM EDT||
VMTurbo, creator of the only software-driven control platform for the software-defined enterprise, announced record quarterly earnings in Q2 of 2014. The second quarter was VMTurbo's 16th consecutive record quarter, achieving 177% year-over-year growth. Additionally, VMTurbo extended its fabric and storage module control system extensions to include support for Cisco UCS and EMC VNX, thereby supporting Flexpod and Vblock market options to drive application assurance and data center efficiencies, helping advanced customers fundamentally transform and future-proof their virtualized data centers.
Along with strong revenue growth and product innovation, VMTurbo now serves more than 1,000 advanced customers such as Salesforce.com, RBC, Tribune Media, Scripps Health, QVC and Rabobank and has launched an online social community called, “the Green Circle”, where the World’s most sophisticated virtualized data center customers share ideas, best practices and industry knowledge.
“It’s been an exciting year at VMTurbo so far,” said CEO Ben Nye. “Our team is passionate about helping our 1,000+ advanced customers monitor, automate and control their virtualized data centers to keep them in a continuously healthy state. We love showing our customers the incredible value of our control solution. In less than 15 minutes, our customers realize that defining their environments in software is only a first step towards realizing the strategic value of virtualization. Next, they must drive resiliency and efficiency by adding control over their infrastructure wherever applications need to run. We’re proud to be enabling this shift to Software-Driven Data Center Control.”
“VMTurbo has continued the strong growth we saw in 2013 with the biggest quarter we’ve ever seen – Q2, 2014,” said VMTurbo CFO Mo Garad. “Our business is performing across all levels, enabling us to grow faster than any other company in virtualization.”
Key metrics thus far for 2014 include:
- 177% year over year growth - resulting in a compounded annual growth rate of over 300% since inception
- Serving more than 1000 advanced customers - adding more customers in Q2 than any quarter before. Other notable customer additions include Manhattan Associates, Cablevision, Carfax, Infosys, Expedient Communications, Bloomin' Brands, and Sephora
According to TechValidate:
- 89% of VMTurbo customers are realizing a return on their investment (ROI) in 3 months or less with VMTurbo (TechValidate)
- 80% of customers increased resource utilization by at least 20% since deploying VMTurbo
- Almost 70% of customers have automated repetitive management of their virtualized environments with VMTurbo
- More than doubling the size of the VMTurbo Turbo Team and relocating to a new, larger office in downtown Boston
“To strengthen our leadership position we’re announcing support for OpenStack, building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into the OpenStack core,” said VMTurbo President and CTO Shmuel Kliger. “This support of OpenStack furthers the vision for VMTurbo by expanding IT agility through reducing vendor lock-in and enabling heterogeneous control to preserve flexibility for the future.”
Key technology innovations include:
- Further expanding VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control across the IT stack with new hardware support built into Control Modules for Storage and Fabric. This expanded support provides customers the ability to drive more comprehensive management of virtualized workloads in converged infrastructure such as Flexpod and Vblock, as well as in storage control, including support for EMC VNX, enabling up to 30% improvement in utilization
- New support for OpenStack, including contributions back to the community building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into OpenStack, joining our existing support for VMWare, Microsoft, RedHat and Citrix environments
- The new ability to reserve capacity for future workloads, by enabling not only the scheduling of those workloads but for VMTurbo to reserve adequate capacity for those workloads to launch when needed – our customers asked, and we delivered
- Patents covering proprietary uses of economic principles in the management and control of IT environments
Numerous improvements in VMTurbo’s patented, award-winning
Software-Driven Control including:
- Cluster Flattening enabling vMotions across cluster boundaries
- Broader APIs, e.g. action settings, inventory information
- Improved support for Microsoft Hyper-V HA and Maintenance mode (e.g. recognize and manage for) to assure performance of High Availability
Action management by accounting for cost vs. impact of actions,
- Location matters: Move inside cluster is cheap, across clusters expensive, across clouds very expensive
- Size matters: much cheaper to move a small VM vs. e.g., a file sharing VM
- Benefit matters: e.g., if benefit is marginal and cost is high, we may not want to do it
- Storage with better representation of multiple CPU controllers, improved representation of avg cpu
Resource pools as VDCs enabling user to:
- Control Resource pools, e.g. resize CPU and memory allocations
- Visualize resource pool dependencies via nested pools hierarchy
- Aggregate Reporting, e.g. include all the underlying VMs in the hierarchy
- Reporting bringing existing reports into the core UI, more easily share reports and integrate with external tools, e.g. Splunk
“What’s most gratifying is not only the response we’ve received from our advanced customers,” said VMTurbo CMO Geeta Sachdev, “but the response from the larger IT community. The community has begun embracing the idea that cloud and virtual environments have grown beyond human scale in size and complexity, and needs a new approach.”
Industry accolades include:
- Receiving the 2014 Tech Trailblazers first place award in the virtualization category as well as the Tech Trailblazers runner-up award in the cloud category
- Receiving numerous other awards, such as: Named #26 in Forbes Most Promising Companies, CRN’s 2014 Emerging Vendors, and awarded the Bronze medal by Tech Target in their Storage Management category
Gaining the attention of leading minds in the virtualization
blogosphere who added their voices in support of VMTurbo’s unique
approach, such as:
- Chris Wahl (wahlnetwork.com): "...from a UCS perspective, I'm really digging this bad boy." (http://wahlnetwork.com/2014/05/08/rockin-vmturbos-operations-manager-ucs-integration)
- Jeff Wilson (agnosticcomputing.com): "…products like [VMTurbo] are the future of IT. VMTurbo is awesome and unique in an on-prem context as it bridges the gap between cost & operations, but it’s also kind of a window into our future as IT pros. That’s because if your employer is cloud-focused at all, the infrastructure-as-market-economy model is going to be in your future, like it or not. Cloud compute/storage/network, to a large extent, is all about supply, demand, consumption, production and bursting of resources against your OpEx budget. What’s neat about VMTurbo is not just that it’s going to help you get the most out of the CapEx you spent on your gear, but also that it helps you shift your thinking a bit, away from up/down, latency, and login times to a rationalized economic model you’ll need in the years ahead.” (http://agnosticcomputing.com/2014/06/11/30-days-hands-on-with-vmturbos-opsman-vfd3/)
What to expect in the second half of 2014 and beyond
“Expect more great things later this year and next as VMTurbo expands Software-Driven Control further up into the application layer, delivering control that is not only application-aware, but application-driven,” concluded Kliger. “As well as a new way of imagining clusters in a Software-Defined world…”
VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control platform enables organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to assure application performance while maximizing infrastructure efficiency. VMTurbo’s patented market-based approach dynamically adjusts configuration, resource allocation and workload placement to meet service levels and business goals, and is the only technology capable of closing the loop in IT operation by automating the decision-making process to maintain an environment in a healthy state.
The VMTurbo platform first launched in August 2010 and since that time more than 10,000 users worldwide have deployed the platform, including JP Morgan Chase, Aetna, Colgate-Palmolive and Salesforce.com. Using VMTurbo, our customers ensure that applications get the resources they need to operate reliably, while utilizing their most valuable infrastructure and human resources most efficiently.
SYS-CON Events announced today that StorageCraft Technology Corp, a global leader in backup and disaster, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The StorageCraft family of companies, founded in 2003, provides award-winning backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops in addition to powerful data analytics.
Mar. 30, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 296
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,242
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,037
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,522
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,390
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,420
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 6,767
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,429
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 30, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,507
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,055
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,036
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 30, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,044
HyperConvergence came to market with the objective of being simple, flexible and to help drive down operating expenses. It reduced the footprint by bundling the compute/storage/network into one box. This brought a new set of challenges as the HyperConverged vendors are very focused on their own proprietary building blocks. If you want to scale in a certain way, let’s say you identified a need for more storage and want to add a device that is not sold by the HyperConverged vendor, forget about it...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:58 PM EDT Reads: 268
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 644