|By PR Newswire||
|August 4, 2014 11:15 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice, and new solutions is a detailed insight report highlighting numerous profitable opportunities that are available in the convenience market. A vast number of consumers feel increasingly time-scarce; while an aging population seeking lifestyle enablers is leading to huge demands for convenience food that need to be met. The change in consumer lifestyles, including skipping meals and increased eating on the go, means that retailers and manufacturers need to keep up to date with salient issues that are affecting consumer eating habits. The report identifies the key drivers of convenience food as well as available opportunities and solutions for meeting consumer demands.
- Consumers are feeling increasingly time-scarce, and whether this feeling is real or perceived, it is driving the need for convenient products.
- The convenience market is widespread with elements appealing to all age groups: children have full schedules with many activities to fit in one day; working consumers are faced with longer hours and shorter breaks, hence their need for time-saving products; and retired consumers seek convenient, easy-to-use products in order to enable their independence.
- Many factors contribute to how convenient a product actually is, manufacturers must ensure that they consider where their product will retail, how their packaging aids storage, consumption and shelf-appeal, the preparation required prior to consumption, and any additional functional benefits to the consumer.
- The drivers to convenience are market wide. One example is increased stress levels causing consumers to seek out time-saving products and those that allow them escapism.
New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice, and new solutions highlights key consumer groups that offer both new and ongoing opportunities for development. It identifies and dispels myths surrounding time scarcity and which consumers demand convenience whilst outlining how to effectively position differentiated products to target consumer needs. Important consumption motivations and changes in consumer behavior are analyzed and recommendations for manufacturers and retailers are drawn from this, identifying profitable markets and areas for innovation.
Get access to:
- Analysis of how the convenience trend is changing the behavior of four key age groups: the youth population (0-15), young professionals (16-34), mature professionals (35-54), and older consumers (55 and over).
- Analysis of emerging consumer trends including meal time fragmentation and rising stress levels and exactly how these are affecting the convenience market; in addition the report outlines products that have successfully capitalized on existing trends and the trends that are available for manufacturers to target with innovation in the future.
- Unique insights into market data and the implications of this to manufacturers and retailers operating in the convenience market; for instance how the number of consumers delaying responsibilities, such as marriage and children, until later in life affects the required positioning of many convenience products.
Reasons To Buy
- Consumer analysis and case studies provide insight into the convenience market and clear opportunities for new product developments are explored.
- Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations across the market and focuses in on those specific to consumers' need for convenience, hence granting a thorough understanding of consumer behavior.
- The recommended actions and analysis throughout the report will allow manufacturers to align their research and development and marketing strategy with the stand out trends influencing consumer behavior.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Methodology
- The Convenience Trend Explained
- Elements of the trend
- Age and lifestage shape the convenience needs of consumers
- For whom and where is the Convenience trend shaping consumption behaviors
- Convenience continues to be a growing market globally
- The need for convenience is not restricted to one demographic despite some consumers being more time-scarce than others
- Consumption of convenient products is more heavily influenced by consumer lifestages
- Key drivers of the convenience trend
- Numerous market trends and developments in the workplace mean that the demand for convenience is driven by the need for time-saving, de-stressing and enabling products
- Prime opportunities for targeting
- Different consumer groups with varying needs leave the convenience market rife with opportunities
- Recommended actions
To order this report: New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 303
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 28, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 328
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 328
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 373
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 348
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 27, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 381
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 436
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 27, 2015 04:15 PM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 380
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 510
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 308
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 163
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 285