|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 03:00 PM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will deliver a keynote address during the Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA)® Annual Member Meeting at the inaugural 2014 CEA Innovate! Featured speakers for general and breakout sessions, focused on key information for startups and major name companies, at CEA Innovate! also have been announced.
The 2014 CEA Innovate! is a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies, established and emerging, looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights and featured speakers include:
- Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: Jeff Joseph, senior vice president, communications and strategic relationships, CEA, Lindsey Turrentine, vice president, editor-in-chief, CNET Reviews, and Richard Doherty, research director, The Envisioneering Group will unveil the five categories poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology. Wednesday, October 1, 9:30 AM.
- Startup Success Stories: Frank Gruber, CEO, Tech Cocktail, Jake Sigal, CEO, Tome, Inc., and Robert Struble, president and CEO, iBiquity, will tell their personal stories about building a business from the ground up, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way. Wednesday, October 1, 10:45 AM.
- CEA’s Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: (NEW) Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will discuss his views on entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. Wednesday, October 1, noon.
- CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Crowdfunding Workshop: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, one of the top crowdfunding platforms, will discuss how crowdfunding is a constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: Chris Davies, executive editor, SlashGear, Krista Silano, senior coordinator, event PR, CEA, and Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA will highlight tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot (or any!) dollars to spend. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: Guive Balooch, global AVP, L’Oreal, Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, Isaiah Kacyvenski, head of sports and fitness segment, MC10, and Jim Mault, chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life, will discuss the trends to watch in wearables, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company’s story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies. Wednesday, October 1, 4-5:15 PM, and Thursday, October 2, 8-9 AM.
- Five Hottest Categories of Investment in Next 18 Months: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior. Thursday, October 2, 9 AM.
- Holiday Sales Forecast: Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, and Steve Koenig, director, industry analysis, CEA, will provide insights on what’s trending, what’s disrupting and what types of technology consumers have on their gift lists this holiday season in CEA’s Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study. Thursday, October 2, 10:15 AM.
CEA Innovate! also will host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer questions about building a business. In addition, CEA’s industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
|Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2, 2014|
Wigwam Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: http://www.ce.org/social
Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
CES Unveiled Paris
October 22, 2014, Paris, France
October 22-25, 2014, Paris, France
CE Hall of Fame Dinner
November 10, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 11, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 4, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
2015 International CES
January 6-9, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 6, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,383
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 6, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,174
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,202
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 815
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 6, 2016 11:57 AM EDT Reads: 163
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT's direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
May. 6, 2016 10:53 AM EDT Reads: 161
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,591
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,314
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,099
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,517
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,437
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 813
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 674
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 6, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,398
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 634