|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 03:00 PM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will deliver a keynote address during the Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA)® Annual Member Meeting at the inaugural 2014 CEA Innovate! Featured speakers for general and breakout sessions, focused on key information for startups and major name companies, at CEA Innovate! also have been announced.
The 2014 CEA Innovate! is a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies, established and emerging, looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights and featured speakers include:
- Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: Jeff Joseph, senior vice president, communications and strategic relationships, CEA, Lindsey Turrentine, vice president, editor-in-chief, CNET Reviews, and Richard Doherty, research director, The Envisioneering Group will unveil the five categories poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology. Wednesday, October 1, 9:30 AM.
- Startup Success Stories: Frank Gruber, CEO, Tech Cocktail, Jake Sigal, CEO, Tome, Inc., and Robert Struble, president and CEO, iBiquity, will tell their personal stories about building a business from the ground up, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way. Wednesday, October 1, 10:45 AM.
- CEA’s Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: (NEW) Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will discuss his views on entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. Wednesday, October 1, noon.
- CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Crowdfunding Workshop: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, one of the top crowdfunding platforms, will discuss how crowdfunding is a constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: Chris Davies, executive editor, SlashGear, Krista Silano, senior coordinator, event PR, CEA, and Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA will highlight tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot (or any!) dollars to spend. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: Guive Balooch, global AVP, L’Oreal, Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, Isaiah Kacyvenski, head of sports and fitness segment, MC10, and Jim Mault, chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life, will discuss the trends to watch in wearables, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company’s story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies. Wednesday, October 1, 4-5:15 PM, and Thursday, October 2, 8-9 AM.
- Five Hottest Categories of Investment in Next 18 Months: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior. Thursday, October 2, 9 AM.
- Holiday Sales Forecast: Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, and Steve Koenig, director, industry analysis, CEA, will provide insights on what’s trending, what’s disrupting and what types of technology consumers have on their gift lists this holiday season in CEA’s Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study. Thursday, October 2, 10:15 AM.
CEA Innovate! also will host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer questions about building a business. In addition, CEA’s industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
|Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2, 2014|
Wigwam Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: http://www.ce.org/social
Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
CES Unveiled Paris
October 22, 2014, Paris, France
October 22-25, 2014, Paris, France
CE Hall of Fame Dinner
November 10, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 11, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 4, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
2015 International CES
January 6-9, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 176
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 326
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 144
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 336
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 118
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 336
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 144
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:15 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 343
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 7, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 140
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 7, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 197
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 7, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 110
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 714
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 360