|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 03:00 PM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will deliver a keynote address during the Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA)® Annual Member Meeting at the inaugural 2014 CEA Innovate! Featured speakers for general and breakout sessions, focused on key information for startups and major name companies, at CEA Innovate! also have been announced.
The 2014 CEA Innovate! is a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies, established and emerging, looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights and featured speakers include:
- Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: Jeff Joseph, senior vice president, communications and strategic relationships, CEA, Lindsey Turrentine, vice president, editor-in-chief, CNET Reviews, and Richard Doherty, research director, The Envisioneering Group will unveil the five categories poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology. Wednesday, October 1, 9:30 AM.
- Startup Success Stories: Frank Gruber, CEO, Tech Cocktail, Jake Sigal, CEO, Tome, Inc., and Robert Struble, president and CEO, iBiquity, will tell their personal stories about building a business from the ground up, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way. Wednesday, October 1, 10:45 AM.
- CEA’s Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: (NEW) Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will discuss his views on entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. Wednesday, October 1, noon.
- CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Crowdfunding Workshop: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, one of the top crowdfunding platforms, will discuss how crowdfunding is a constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: Chris Davies, executive editor, SlashGear, Krista Silano, senior coordinator, event PR, CEA, and Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA will highlight tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot (or any!) dollars to spend. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: Guive Balooch, global AVP, L’Oreal, Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, Isaiah Kacyvenski, head of sports and fitness segment, MC10, and Jim Mault, chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life, will discuss the trends to watch in wearables, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company’s story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies. Wednesday, October 1, 4-5:15 PM, and Thursday, October 2, 8-9 AM.
- Five Hottest Categories of Investment in Next 18 Months: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior. Thursday, October 2, 9 AM.
- Holiday Sales Forecast: Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, and Steve Koenig, director, industry analysis, CEA, will provide insights on what’s trending, what’s disrupting and what types of technology consumers have on their gift lists this holiday season in CEA’s Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study. Thursday, October 2, 10:15 AM.
CEA Innovate! also will host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer questions about building a business. In addition, CEA’s industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
|Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2, 2014|
Wigwam Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: http://www.ce.org/social
Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
CES Unveiled Paris
October 22, 2014, Paris, France
October 22-25, 2014, Paris, France
CE Hall of Fame Dinner
November 10, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 11, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 4, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
2015 International CES
January 6-9, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 250
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 694
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 220
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 537
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 3, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 278
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 561
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 209
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 369
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 194
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,140
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 439