|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 03:00 PM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will deliver a keynote address during the Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA)® Annual Member Meeting at the inaugural 2014 CEA Innovate! Featured speakers for general and breakout sessions, focused on key information for startups and major name companies, at CEA Innovate! also have been announced.
The 2014 CEA Innovate! is a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies, established and emerging, looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights and featured speakers include:
- Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: Jeff Joseph, senior vice president, communications and strategic relationships, CEA, Lindsey Turrentine, vice president, editor-in-chief, CNET Reviews, and Richard Doherty, research director, The Envisioneering Group will unveil the five categories poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology. Wednesday, October 1, 9:30 AM.
- Startup Success Stories: Frank Gruber, CEO, Tech Cocktail, Jake Sigal, CEO, Tome, Inc., and Robert Struble, president and CEO, iBiquity, will tell their personal stories about building a business from the ground up, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way. Wednesday, October 1, 10:45 AM.
- CEA’s Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: (NEW) Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will discuss his views on entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. Wednesday, October 1, noon.
- CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Crowdfunding Workshop: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, one of the top crowdfunding platforms, will discuss how crowdfunding is a constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: Chris Davies, executive editor, SlashGear, Krista Silano, senior coordinator, event PR, CEA, and Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA will highlight tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot (or any!) dollars to spend. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: Guive Balooch, global AVP, L’Oreal, Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, Isaiah Kacyvenski, head of sports and fitness segment, MC10, and Jim Mault, chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life, will discuss the trends to watch in wearables, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company’s story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies. Wednesday, October 1, 4-5:15 PM, and Thursday, October 2, 8-9 AM.
- Five Hottest Categories of Investment in Next 18 Months: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior. Thursday, October 2, 9 AM.
- Holiday Sales Forecast: Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, and Steve Koenig, director, industry analysis, CEA, will provide insights on what’s trending, what’s disrupting and what types of technology consumers have on their gift lists this holiday season in CEA’s Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study. Thursday, October 2, 10:15 AM.
CEA Innovate! also will host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer questions about building a business. In addition, CEA’s industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
|Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2, 2014|
Wigwam Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: http://www.ce.org/social
Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
CES Unveiled Paris
October 22, 2014, Paris, France
October 22-25, 2014, Paris, France
CE Hall of Fame Dinner
November 10, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 11, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 4, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
2015 International CES
January 6-9, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
Aug. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 444
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,854
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,232
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,048
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,338
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,935
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,665
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,489
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,444
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,873
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 922
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,983
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 849
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 346
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 801