|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 03:00 PM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will deliver a keynote address during the Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA)® Annual Member Meeting at the inaugural 2014 CEA Innovate! Featured speakers for general and breakout sessions, focused on key information for startups and major name companies, at CEA Innovate! also have been announced.
The 2014 CEA Innovate! is a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies, established and emerging, looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights and featured speakers include:
- Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: Jeff Joseph, senior vice president, communications and strategic relationships, CEA, Lindsey Turrentine, vice president, editor-in-chief, CNET Reviews, and Richard Doherty, research director, The Envisioneering Group will unveil the five categories poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology. Wednesday, October 1, 9:30 AM.
- Startup Success Stories: Frank Gruber, CEO, Tech Cocktail, Jake Sigal, CEO, Tome, Inc., and Robert Struble, president and CEO, iBiquity, will tell their personal stories about building a business from the ground up, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way. Wednesday, October 1, 10:45 AM.
- CEA’s Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: (NEW) Nolan Bushnell, founder, Atari Corporation and Chuck E. Cheese, will discuss his views on entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. Wednesday, October 1, noon.
- CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Crowdfunding Workshop: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, one of the top crowdfunding platforms, will discuss how crowdfunding is a constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool. Wednesday, October 1, 2 PM.
- Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: Chris Davies, executive editor, SlashGear, Krista Silano, senior coordinator, event PR, CEA, and Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA will highlight tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot (or any!) dollars to spend. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: Guive Balooch, global AVP, L’Oreal, Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, Isaiah Kacyvenski, head of sports and fitness segment, MC10, and Jim Mault, chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life, will discuss the trends to watch in wearables, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market. Wednesday, October 1, 3 PM.
- Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director, communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company’s story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies. Wednesday, October 1, 4-5:15 PM, and Thursday, October 2, 8-9 AM.
- Five Hottest Categories of Investment in Next 18 Months: Kate Drane, Hardware Category Lead, Indiegogo, will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior. Thursday, October 2, 9 AM.
- Holiday Sales Forecast: Shawn DuBravac, chief economist and senior director of research, CEA, and Steve Koenig, director, industry analysis, CEA, will provide insights on what’s trending, what’s disrupting and what types of technology consumers have on their gift lists this holiday season in CEA’s Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study. Thursday, October 2, 10:15 AM.
CEA Innovate! also will host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer questions about building a business. In addition, CEA’s industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
|Tuesday, September 30 through Thursday, October 2, 2014|
Wigwam Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $208 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: http://www.ce.org/social
Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
CES Unveiled Paris
October 22, 2014, Paris, France
October 22-25, 2014, Paris, France
CE Hall of Fame Dinner
November 10, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 11, 2014, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 4, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
2015 International CES
January 6-9, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 2, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,495
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 2, 2016 02:02 PM EST Reads: 188
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,804
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,686
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,803
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 2, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,069
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,381
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,440
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 222
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,824
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 171
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,455
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,739
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,846
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 402