|By Marketwired .||
|August 5, 2014 04:37 PM EDT||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 08/05/14 -- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Public Safety and RCMP
Today, the Federal Court of Canada approved the settlement between the Government of Canada and the members of the White class action regarding the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan.
The settlement provides fairness and equity to all affected members. Going forward, RCMP members on Long-Term Disability (LTD) will no longer have their benefits reduced under the provisions of the Pension Act. In addition, members of the class action will be entitled to retroactive payments based on the terms and conditions of the settlement.
- As of 2012, there were an estimated 904 individuals affected by the Pension Act offset under the RCMP LTD insurance plan, at an estimated cost of $75 million.
- Class action members currently receiving or who formerly received disability benefits under the plan, and whose benefits were reduced by the Pension Act offset, may be entitled to a pre-determined retroactive settlement payment.
- Affected members should direct all settlement questions to the plaintiffs' legal counsel at the following email: [email protected]
"This negotiated settlement reconfirms the Government of Canada's commitment to the care and well-being of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police personnel. This settlement is in the best interest of RCMP members and Canadian taxpayers."
- The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board
"As the Minister responsible for the RCMP, I am very pleased that we have arrived at a court-approved settlement. Acting fairly to resolve this matter is of the utmost importance for our Government and to the RCMP."
- The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada.
Office of the President of the Treasury Board
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired)
Jan. 16, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,177
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 PM EST Reads: 3,509
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,436
Jan. 16, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,577
Jan. 16, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 625
Jan. 16, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,488
Jan. 16, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 373
Jan. 16, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,014
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 4,823
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 358
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,549
Jan. 16, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,267
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,594
Jan. 16, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,309
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,032