|By PR Newswire||
|August 6, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
-- Policy Engagement will Drive New Mobile Service Evolution, Delivering Personalization and Control in Real Time on the Device
BOSTON, Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Policy engagement will drive the next big move in mobile service evolution, delivering personalization and control to smartphone users right where they need it—on the device—according to the Strategy Analytics Wireless Network & Platforms (WNP) service report, "On Device Customer Engagement: Putting Policy and Analytics in the Hands of the Mobile User." Extending network intelligence, policy control and charging (PCC) and analytics to the device to create a more engaging and relevant experience for consumers positions mobile operators to improve margins in the face of strong competition.
Click here for the report: http://sa-link.cc/BY
Key findings from the report:
- Sprint is the most recent wireless carrier announcing launch of services with policy engagement, with its new Virgin Mobile Custom plans launching August 9 with customizable, app-based pricing and rich parental controls enabled by ItsOn technology.
- Policy engagement involves in-line, context aware solutions that drive interaction with the consumer at the time and place of need, in ways that are relevant and easy to use without being overly disruptive.
- Policy engagement lets operators differentiate their services and engage their users more actively —both prepaid and postpaid—in real-time across voice, text, data, content and value added services.
- By engaging users more frequently and more directly while they are using their mobile services, operators are likely to increase brand engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Users have increased options for control at an application and device level to migrate family shared data plans to a new level of improved user experience.
- Multi-vendor ecosystem is now in place to support real time Policy Control and Charging (PCC) and enable elements of policy engagement. Strategy Analytics has looked at five vendors with compelling or interesting solutions relating to Policy Engagement: Openwave Mobility, ItsOn, Alcatel-Lucent, Openet and Opera Software.
Susan Welsh de Grimaldo, Director, Wireless Operator Strategies said: "Mobile operators require enhanced tools to engage their customers in real-time right on their devices to provide them with the control and personalization they want. Solutions for on-device, in-line engagement drive incremental increases in ARPU, reduce the cost of customer care, and improve customer satisfaction. These in turn lower churn and increase referral rates to drive subscriber net additions."
Sue Rudd, Director, Service Provider Strategies, commented: "With 'Policy Engagement', operators have an opportunity to become a partner with their customers as a value added provider of a curated, customized experience that puts the user in control."
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
US Contact: Susan Welsh de Grimaldo, +1-617-614-0724, [email protected]
European Contact: Phil Kendall, +44-1908-423620, [email protected]
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 11, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 478
Dec. 11, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 2,301
Dec. 11, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 735
Dec. 11, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 732
Dec. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,179
Dec. 11, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 672
Dec. 11, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 882
Dec. 11, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 1,165
Dec. 11, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 807
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 921
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,806
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,071
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,317
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 766
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,060