|By PR Newswire||
|August 6, 2014 12:45 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum (NBHOFM), IMAX Corporation (IMAX), MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), in partnership with Boston Red Sox Chairman Tom Werner and leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), are bringing baseball history together with cutting-edge technology and digital media to create the ultimate fan experience in Major League cities beginning in Spring 2016. The announcement of the tour, which will be led by Arny Granat and Grand Slam Productions (GSP), was made in celebration of the Hall of Fame's 75th anniversary.
To celebrate the passion and love that fans have for the sport, one-of-a-kind historical artifacts from the vast collections of the museum in Cooperstown, New York, will be curated and exhibited in unprecedented ways. This dynamic state-of-the-art exhibit will allow fans to "experience" baseball like never before. Ensuring it reaches as many baseball fans as possible, the tour will visit Major League cities and Spring Training camps as well.
Central to the fan experience is a mobile IMAX theater showcasing an original IMAX film highlighting the past, present and future of baseball. The film will feature never-before-seen new content as well as historical footage.
The tour will consist of interactive exhibits representing different facets of the game of baseball. The latest technologies will be used to provide an engaging experience and literally "bring the game to life." The exhibit will showcase Hall of Fame artifacts from the past through the present and into the future through a complete sensory immersion designed to entertain, inform and delight. Baseball historians will serve as curators for the exhibit.
Some cutting-edge features in development include:
- Putting fans in the batter's box through digital imaging. Imagine staring down a 90+ mph fastball from Clayton Kershaw.
- Letting fans take "virtual batting practice" in the ballparks of their choice with their favorite Hall-of-Fame pitchers. Face Nolan Ryan's fastball? Check. A knuckleball from Phil Niekro? Check that, too.
- Giving fans the chance to play Rickey Henderson, trying to steal a base and beat a throw to second base by Johnny Bench.
- A 3-D virtual experience to break down the sciences behind a slider, a knuckle ball and a curve ball.
- Providing fans the opportunity to meet the stars of the exhibit— through a Hall of Fame bullpen of players, team owners, managers and scouts.
- A digital scoreboard on mobile devices that will provide information about the exhibits, guest celebrities and daily events.
- Digital photo opportunities where consumers can make their own baseball cards and share them across social media platforms.
Phase 1 – First 3 Years
- Visit 10 major league cities per year (all major league cities in 3 years)
Phase 2 – Years 4-6
- Repeating cities of high demand
- Visit large Minor League markets
"We are so excited to bring selected Cooperstown treasures to baseball fans across the country," said Hall of Fame Chairman Jane Forbes Clark. "Fans visiting this experience will be completely immersed in the game's history, thanks to the creative influence of MLBAM and IMAX, two leaders in technology and entertainment."
"By marrying the best of baseball with an immersive, state-of-the-art experience, we have an opportunity to expand the fan experience beyond the ballpark and into the communities in which our fans live, as well as ignite a passion for the game with a new generation," said Tom Werner.
"IMAX is proud to partner with CAA, MLBAM, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, GSP and Tom Werner to provide this incredible, cutting-edge experience to fans of the National Pastime throughout the country. Baseball has always been about breaking new ground while honoring the past and we could not be happier to have IMAX's innovative technology immerse fans into the game and give them an opportunity to relive their dreams while building new ones," said Greg Foster, Sr. EVP IMAX Corp. and CEO IMAX Entertainment.
"As someone who grew up nearly 1,000 miles from Cooperstown, I commend the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum for conceiving of and implementing this fan-focused tour," said Bob Bowman, President & CEO, MLBAM. "We are excited to support such a prestigious partnership, providing new technologies, along with IMAX, to help deliver interactive experiences featuring the game's greatest players, narratives and traditions."
Twitter: @HallofFameTour, Instagram: Halloffametour
NATIONAL BASEBALL HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is an independent, non-profit educational institution dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the historical development of baseball and its impact on our culture by collecting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting its collections for a global audience as well as honoring those who have made outstanding contributions to baseball.
- The Hall of Fame comprises 306 elected members, included 211 former Major League players, 28 executives, 35 Negro Leaguers, 22 managers and 10 umpires.
- There are currently 66 living members. By position, there are: 74 pitchers, 17 catchers, 21 first basemen, 20 second basemen, 15 third basemen, 24 shortstops, 21 left fielders, 23 center fielders, 24 right fielders and 1 designated hitter.
- The Hall of Fame and Museum was established in 1936 (official dedication took place on June 12th, 1939) and is located at 25 Main Street in Cooperstown, New York.
- IMAX, an innovator in entertainment technology, combines proprietary software, architecture and equipment to create experiences that take you beyond the edge of your seat to a world you've never imagined. Top filmmakers and studios are utilizing IMAX theatres to connect with audiences in extraordinary ways, and, as such, IMAX's network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event films around the globe.
- IMAX MOBILE - The theater is an expandable trailer system and has seating for an audience of about 150 people. The interior walls and ceiling will be acoustically treated to replicate the sound and image quality of a commercial IMAX film.
Established in June 2000 following a unanimous vote by the 30 Major League Baseball club owners to centralize all of Baseball's Internet operations, MLB Advanced Media LP (MLBAM) is the interactive media and internet company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site, MLB.com, and each of the 30 individual Club sites to create the most comprehensive Major League Baseball resource on the Internet. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports and entertainment clients. It captures, encodes and distributes tens of thousands of live video events annually, powering more live events on the Internet than any other property in the world.
- American television producer and businessman, chairman of the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool Football Club. Werner is a co-founder of The Carsey-Werner Company. In this capacity, he served as executive producer of such television programs as The Cosby Show, Roseanne, 3rd Rock from the Sun and That 70's Show and in 1996, he was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame. Werner is co-Managing Partner with his friend John Henry in the sports investment and operations company New England Sports Ventures.
- Leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, video games, sports, theatre, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
ARNY GRANAT – Grand Slam, LLC
- Arny Granat co-founded Jam Productions, Ltd. in 1971. Jam Productions is one of the largest independent concert promoters in North America and has promoted a wide array of events over the past 40 years including the Rolling Stones, Madonna, Frank Sinatra as well as producing the first Farm Aid concert. Through the corporate special events division , they have produced such events as the Grand Opening of Millennium Park in Chicago, three Gubernatorial inaugurations and the World Cup '94 Chairman's Opening Night Gala. Mr. Granat has expanded his range of entertainment into the theatrical world thru Jam Theatricals, producing plays in 30 markets around the U.S. and Canada while winning several Tony Awards as a producer on Broadway. Among Granat's many achievements in the music industry is being named Pollstar's Talent Buyer of the Year and Performance Magazine Readers Poll Promoter of the Year.
CONTACT: MATT LABOV [email protected]
SOURCE IMAX Corporation
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 394
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 396
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 250
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound...
Dec. 1, 2015 06:30 AM EST Reads: 514
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Dec. 1, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 271
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Dec. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 620
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNu...
Dec. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 359
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user e...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 458
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a global leader in monitoring, and testing the performance of online applications, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of DevOps Summit New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016 at the Javits Center in New York City. Catchpoint radically transforms the way businesses manage, monitor, and test the performance of online applications. Truly understand and improve user experience with clear visibility into complex, distributed online systems.Founde...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:15 AM EST
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 532
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 470
The revocation of Safe Harbor has radically affected data sovereignty strategy in the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Jeff Miller, Product Management at Cavirin Systems, discussed how to assess these changes across your own cloud strategy, and how you can mitigate risks previously covered under the agreement.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 110
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 469
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 AM EST Reads: 125
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 436