|By PR Newswire||
|August 6, 2014 12:45 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum (NBHOFM), IMAX Corporation (IMAX), MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), in partnership with Boston Red Sox Chairman Tom Werner and leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), are bringing baseball history together with cutting-edge technology and digital media to create the ultimate fan experience in Major League cities beginning in Spring 2016. The announcement of the tour, which will be led by Arny Granat and Grand Slam Productions (GSP), was made in celebration of the Hall of Fame's 75th anniversary.
To celebrate the passion and love that fans have for the sport, one-of-a-kind historical artifacts from the vast collections of the museum in Cooperstown, New York, will be curated and exhibited in unprecedented ways. This dynamic state-of-the-art exhibit will allow fans to "experience" baseball like never before. Ensuring it reaches as many baseball fans as possible, the tour will visit Major League cities and Spring Training camps as well.
Central to the fan experience is a mobile IMAX theater showcasing an original IMAX film highlighting the past, present and future of baseball. The film will feature never-before-seen new content as well as historical footage.
The tour will consist of interactive exhibits representing different facets of the game of baseball. The latest technologies will be used to provide an engaging experience and literally "bring the game to life." The exhibit will showcase Hall of Fame artifacts from the past through the present and into the future through a complete sensory immersion designed to entertain, inform and delight. Baseball historians will serve as curators for the exhibit.
Some cutting-edge features in development include:
- Putting fans in the batter's box through digital imaging. Imagine staring down a 90+ mph fastball from Clayton Kershaw.
- Letting fans take "virtual batting practice" in the ballparks of their choice with their favorite Hall-of-Fame pitchers. Face Nolan Ryan's fastball? Check. A knuckleball from Phil Niekro? Check that, too.
- Giving fans the chance to play Rickey Henderson, trying to steal a base and beat a throw to second base by Johnny Bench.
- A 3-D virtual experience to break down the sciences behind a slider, a knuckle ball and a curve ball.
- Providing fans the opportunity to meet the stars of the exhibit— through a Hall of Fame bullpen of players, team owners, managers and scouts.
- A digital scoreboard on mobile devices that will provide information about the exhibits, guest celebrities and daily events.
- Digital photo opportunities where consumers can make their own baseball cards and share them across social media platforms.
Phase 1 – First 3 Years
- Visit 10 major league cities per year (all major league cities in 3 years)
Phase 2 – Years 4-6
- Repeating cities of high demand
- Visit large Minor League markets
"We are so excited to bring selected Cooperstown treasures to baseball fans across the country," said Hall of Fame Chairman Jane Forbes Clark. "Fans visiting this experience will be completely immersed in the game's history, thanks to the creative influence of MLBAM and IMAX, two leaders in technology and entertainment."
"By marrying the best of baseball with an immersive, state-of-the-art experience, we have an opportunity to expand the fan experience beyond the ballpark and into the communities in which our fans live, as well as ignite a passion for the game with a new generation," said Tom Werner.
"IMAX is proud to partner with CAA, MLBAM, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, GSP and Tom Werner to provide this incredible, cutting-edge experience to fans of the National Pastime throughout the country. Baseball has always been about breaking new ground while honoring the past and we could not be happier to have IMAX's innovative technology immerse fans into the game and give them an opportunity to relive their dreams while building new ones," said Greg Foster, Sr. EVP IMAX Corp. and CEO IMAX Entertainment.
"As someone who grew up nearly 1,000 miles from Cooperstown, I commend the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum for conceiving of and implementing this fan-focused tour," said Bob Bowman, President & CEO, MLBAM. "We are excited to support such a prestigious partnership, providing new technologies, along with IMAX, to help deliver interactive experiences featuring the game's greatest players, narratives and traditions."
Twitter: @HallofFameTour, Instagram: Halloffametour
NATIONAL BASEBALL HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is an independent, non-profit educational institution dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the historical development of baseball and its impact on our culture by collecting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting its collections for a global audience as well as honoring those who have made outstanding contributions to baseball.
- The Hall of Fame comprises 306 elected members, included 211 former Major League players, 28 executives, 35 Negro Leaguers, 22 managers and 10 umpires.
- There are currently 66 living members. By position, there are: 74 pitchers, 17 catchers, 21 first basemen, 20 second basemen, 15 third basemen, 24 shortstops, 21 left fielders, 23 center fielders, 24 right fielders and 1 designated hitter.
- The Hall of Fame and Museum was established in 1936 (official dedication took place on June 12th, 1939) and is located at 25 Main Street in Cooperstown, New York.
- IMAX, an innovator in entertainment technology, combines proprietary software, architecture and equipment to create experiences that take you beyond the edge of your seat to a world you've never imagined. Top filmmakers and studios are utilizing IMAX theatres to connect with audiences in extraordinary ways, and, as such, IMAX's network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event films around the globe.
- IMAX MOBILE - The theater is an expandable trailer system and has seating for an audience of about 150 people. The interior walls and ceiling will be acoustically treated to replicate the sound and image quality of a commercial IMAX film.
Established in June 2000 following a unanimous vote by the 30 Major League Baseball club owners to centralize all of Baseball's Internet operations, MLB Advanced Media LP (MLBAM) is the interactive media and internet company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site, MLB.com, and each of the 30 individual Club sites to create the most comprehensive Major League Baseball resource on the Internet. MLBAM also develops, deploys and distributes the highest-grossing sports app, At Bat, as well as manages live video content for dozens of sports and entertainment clients. It captures, encodes and distributes tens of thousands of live video events annually, powering more live events on the Internet than any other property in the world.
- American television producer and businessman, chairman of the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool Football Club. Werner is a co-founder of The Carsey-Werner Company. In this capacity, he served as executive producer of such television programs as The Cosby Show, Roseanne, 3rd Rock from the Sun and That 70's Show and in 1996, he was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame. Werner is co-Managing Partner with his friend John Henry in the sports investment and operations company New England Sports Ventures.
- Leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, video games, sports, theatre, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
ARNY GRANAT – Grand Slam, LLC
- Arny Granat co-founded Jam Productions, Ltd. in 1971. Jam Productions is one of the largest independent concert promoters in North America and has promoted a wide array of events over the past 40 years including the Rolling Stones, Madonna, Frank Sinatra as well as producing the first Farm Aid concert. Through the corporate special events division , they have produced such events as the Grand Opening of Millennium Park in Chicago, three Gubernatorial inaugurations and the World Cup '94 Chairman's Opening Night Gala. Mr. Granat has expanded his range of entertainment into the theatrical world thru Jam Theatricals, producing plays in 30 markets around the U.S. and Canada while winning several Tony Awards as a producer on Broadway. Among Granat's many achievements in the music industry is being named Pollstar's Talent Buyer of the Year and Performance Magazine Readers Poll Promoter of the Year.
CONTACT: MATT LABOV [email protected]
SOURCE IMAX Corporation
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 782
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 31, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 307
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 424
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 493
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 276
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 367
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Jul. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 103
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 123
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 134
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 31, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 146
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 305
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 164
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,403
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 895