|By PR Newswire||
|August 6, 2014 01:36 PM EDT||
PORTLAND, Ore., Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In anticipation of tonight's match-up between the Major League Soccer All-Star team and European powerhouse Bayern Munich at Portland's Providence Park, Centerplate—the exclusive hospitality partner to Providence Park and its home teams, the Timbers and Thorns FC—unveiled its concourse menus for an international crowd of guests hungry for a taste of the Pacific Northwest.
Joining Centerplate's popular line-up are two Portland-inspired headliners, created just for the matchup against Bayern Munich by Centerplate Executive Chef Bob Brumbaugh, who has built a loyal following among Portland food-lovers and soccer fans:
- The "Porklandia" Panini: Olympic Provisions Sweetheart Ham, Zenner's pepper bacon, Carlton Farms pork loin, red onion, Tillamook Swiss cheese and Stumpling's Thai honey mustard on a Bavarian-style bun.
- Grilled 'Kraut & Cheese: chopped Zenner's German sausage with Tillamook Swiss cheese and Caraway Kraut on Rye grilled bread.
Already known by Portland's fan base for the extensive variety of menus and locally-sourced food and beverage, Providence Park also welcomes first-timers attending the All-Star game to sample the stadium's signature fan favorites, including:
- Pastie Pies—a Pacific Northwestern twist on the established favorite among fans in the United Kingdom, Centerplate offers a house-made chicken, broccoli and Tillamook Cheddar pastie, as well as a spinach-and-feta alternative from local baker Pacific Pie Co.
- Tillamook Mac 'n Cheese Dog – a Zenner's quarter-pound hot dog smothered in the house recipe Tillamook Mac 'n Cheese.
- Korean Beef Bahn Mi – tender Painted Hills Korean-style beef served with marinated veggies, fresh jalapeños, and sriracha mayo on a crisp baguette.
- Bacon Bleu Cheese Tots – tater tots topped with Oregon Bleu Cheese, crumbled Zenner's bacon, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, and chipotle ranch sauce.
- Timber Brat – Zenner's brat wrapped in bacon on a Franz pretzel roll, topped with beer-braised onions (all ingredients produced within 3.6 miles of stadium).
- Big Ass Sandwiches—the celebrated Portland food truck featured on the Food Network will be serving its namesake sandwiches for fans at the "food cart alliance" stand, a program that brings a rotation of favorite local vendors into the stadium for games.
"Portland is one of the world's greatest food cities," said Centerplate General Manager and life-long Portland resident, Ben Forsythe. "There is nothing more exciting than inviting guests from around the globe to get a taste of the Rose City right here at Providence Park."
Centerplate is a global leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There®" for more than 115 million guests each year at more than 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom—including three Major League Soccer parks, two Barclay's Premier League stadia, and the future home of Spain's 2014 Liga Nacional de Futbol Profesional Champion, Atletico de Madrid. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com or connect via Twitter @centerplate or Facebook/centerplate.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 840
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,516
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,745
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,673
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 883
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,723
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,972
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 358
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,558
Dec. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 3,916
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,984
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,476
Dec. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 369
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,076
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,104