|By Business Wire||
|August 7, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
As controllers continue to rise in popularity among consumers and DJs alike due to their ease-of-use and increased functionality, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to develop the most advanced controllers in the market and today introduced its latest DDJ-SX2 controller for Serato® DJ with “Serato Flip” functionality. The new DDJ-SX2 is the industry’s first controller to use Serato Flip, which can record and playback a user’s hot cue operations. In addition, the model features specially designed operation buttons, multi-colored Performance Pads, and improved JOG wheel reaction time.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller (Photo: Business Wire)
“The release of our first generation DDJ-SX made a huge impact in the DJ community and we expect nothing less with this next version,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DDJ-SX2 features the latest updates, including Serato Flip capability, that enable DJs to be more creative with hot cues, as well as multi-colored Performance Pads found on the flagship DDJ-SZ.”
Serato DJ’s “Serato Flip”
Serato Flip is a new function in Serato DJ that lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on a loop. DJs can record themselves triggering cues using the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. Up to six recordings (slots) of Hot Cue sequences can be made for playback at a later time. Pioneer added Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop), and Slot (store) buttons to quickly access the Serato Flip operation.
The DDJ-SX2 provides the same functional layout of its predecessor with quick access to a multitude of Serato DJ features. The layout of the buttons, knobs, sliders and Performance Pads deliver the best DJ controller experience designed to match the applicable software functions perfectly:
- Multi-colored Performance Pads – Introduced in the top-of-the-line DDJ-SZ, the DDJ-SX2 now incorporates the highly attractive and functional multi-colored Performance Pads that control eight types of Serato DJ functions. The various illumination colors provide quick identification of the different actions/commands such as beats and drum rolls. The eight pads located below the Jog wheel offer HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functionalities. While in velocity SAMPLER mode, the output level from the pad can vary depending on the strength of each tap from the user.
- Amplified MIC Input – Improved from the first generation, the controller features a balanced microphone (MIC) input circuit to provide clear audio output with no distortion regardless of the type or brand of microphone used. The controller can deliver clear audio even at high volume levels because of increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
- High Accuracy Jog Wheel – The output reaction time of the JOG wheels is significantly improved, further cutting down on latency, ensuring tasks such as “scratch” performances are at their highest levels. The model also features “Hot Cue Countdown” providing users, via its JOG Display, with the time remaining to a Hot Cue point, helpful in quickly arriving to a specified position in the music playing.
- 4-Channel Mixer – The DDJ-SX2 features an independent 4-channel mixer that can be used with other external sources such as turntables. Its master level meter provides instantaneous sound level adjustment as well as independent output controls with a display indicator for each channel when used as a standalone mixer.
The DDJ-SX2 features four external inputs for connection with CD players, analog turntables, microphones and more, with the ability to act as a stand-alone mixer (without the need to connect to a PC/MAC). The controller includes two Master Out and one Booth Out outputs for connection to external public address (PA) equipment. The DDJ-SX2 also features support for the Serato DJ DVS function. Users will have the ability to purchase Serato’s DVS Expansion Pack and perform Serato DJ deck control on the DDJ-SX2 with Pioneer CDJ players or analog turntables.
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminum Finish – The DDJ-SX2 sports an aluminum top panel and a brushed aluminum finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX2 offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start – Enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Assignable Settings – Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software
The DDJ-SX2 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $1,199.
The first 10,000 units of the DDJ-SX2 sold worldwide will be bundled with a free of charge license to the Serato Video plug-in (worth $149).
For a video demonstration, please visit here.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
SERATO is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research Ltd.
TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
For more information follow us on:
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 117
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 447
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 141
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 209
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 175
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 268
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 257
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 165
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 427
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 866
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 213
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 330
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 219
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 185
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 436