|By Business Wire||
|August 7, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
As controllers continue to rise in popularity among consumers and DJs alike due to their ease-of-use and increased functionality, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division continues to develop the most advanced controllers in the market and today introduced its latest DDJ-SX2 controller for Serato® DJ with “Serato Flip” functionality. The new DDJ-SX2 is the industry’s first controller to use Serato Flip, which can record and playback a user’s hot cue operations. In addition, the model features specially designed operation buttons, multi-colored Performance Pads, and improved JOG wheel reaction time.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller (Photo: Business Wire)
“The release of our first generation DDJ-SX made a huge impact in the DJ community and we expect nothing less with this next version,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The DDJ-SX2 features the latest updates, including Serato Flip capability, that enable DJs to be more creative with hot cues, as well as multi-colored Performance Pads found on the flagship DDJ-SZ.”
Serato DJ’s “Serato Flip”
Serato Flip is a new function in Serato DJ that lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on a loop. DJs can record themselves triggering cues using the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. Up to six recordings (slots) of Hot Cue sequences can be made for playback at a later time. Pioneer added Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop), and Slot (store) buttons to quickly access the Serato Flip operation.
The DDJ-SX2 provides the same functional layout of its predecessor with quick access to a multitude of Serato DJ features. The layout of the buttons, knobs, sliders and Performance Pads deliver the best DJ controller experience designed to match the applicable software functions perfectly:
- Multi-colored Performance Pads – Introduced in the top-of-the-line DDJ-SZ, the DDJ-SX2 now incorporates the highly attractive and functional multi-colored Performance Pads that control eight types of Serato DJ functions. The various illumination colors provide quick identification of the different actions/commands such as beats and drum rolls. The eight pads located below the Jog wheel offer HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functionalities. While in velocity SAMPLER mode, the output level from the pad can vary depending on the strength of each tap from the user.
- Amplified MIC Input – Improved from the first generation, the controller features a balanced microphone (MIC) input circuit to provide clear audio output with no distortion regardless of the type or brand of microphone used. The controller can deliver clear audio even at high volume levels because of increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
- High Accuracy Jog Wheel – The output reaction time of the JOG wheels is significantly improved, further cutting down on latency, ensuring tasks such as “scratch” performances are at their highest levels. The model also features “Hot Cue Countdown” providing users, via its JOG Display, with the time remaining to a Hot Cue point, helpful in quickly arriving to a specified position in the music playing.
- 4-Channel Mixer – The DDJ-SX2 features an independent 4-channel mixer that can be used with other external sources such as turntables. Its master level meter provides instantaneous sound level adjustment as well as independent output controls with a display indicator for each channel when used as a standalone mixer.
The DDJ-SX2 features four external inputs for connection with CD players, analog turntables, microphones and more, with the ability to act as a stand-alone mixer (without the need to connect to a PC/MAC). The controller includes two Master Out and one Booth Out outputs for connection to external public address (PA) equipment. The DDJ-SX2 also features support for the Serato DJ DVS function. Users will have the ability to purchase Serato’s DVS Expansion Pack and perform Serato DJ deck control on the DDJ-SX2 with Pioneer CDJ players or analog turntables.
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminum Finish – The DDJ-SX2 sports an aluminum top panel and a brushed aluminum finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX2 offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start – Enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Assignable Settings – Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software
The DDJ-SX2 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $1,199.
The first 10,000 units of the DDJ-SX2 sold worldwide will be bundled with a free of charge license to the Serato Video plug-in (worth $149).
For a video demonstration, please visit here.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
SERATO is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research Ltd.
TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
For more information follow us on:
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,630
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,103
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 553
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,227
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,584
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,722
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,568
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,343
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,644
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,182
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,832
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 20, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 747
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,084
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,699
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 5,509