|By PR Newswire||
|August 7, 2014 08:45 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This year's RFID Journal LIVE! Europe conference and exhibition, to be held on Oct. 23 at Dexter House in London, England, will focus on educating end users about how radio frequency identification (RFID) technology is delivering real business benefits to companies. The event will feature three general sessions, a Main Track and a Retail Track. Among the sessions to be featured in the Retail Track are:
- Dr. Bill Hardgrave, the dean of Auburn University's Harbert College of Business, will present a session detailing how RFID can be used to help brick-and-mortar stores disrupt online retailers, by providing them with the inventory visibility necessary to become true omni-channel retailers.
- Alexander Bols, Intersport Jan Bols' general manager, will share how the athletic equipment and clothing store is using RFID to boost sales and decrease costs. Attendees will hear how the use of RFID contributed to increased sales, and how the checkout process was made quicker and more accurate.
- Karl Jordan, Wilko's senior loss-prevention investigator, will explain how the British housewares and household goods retailer fights stock loss via RFID. Attendees will learn how the RFID system alerts the store to loss, when it happens, with real-time visibility about what is and is not passing through the tills, before items can be taken through the exit point.
- Richard Jenkins, the head of Marks & Spencer's RFID programme, will share how the company is expanding its RFID use to all of its stores. Attendees will learn why the company expects the technology's future potential benefits to provide greater visibility and accuracy of all stock at the item level, and offer an opportunity to reduce the costs of annual stock-taking.
- Lilian Mariani, Vente-privee's project director, will discuss how RFID speeds up preparations for flash sales for the European online retailer. Attendees will hear how the technology enables the retailer to spend less time searching for samples, thereby ensuring that the items are properly photographed and described as they circulate around the facility, before being returned to product suppliers.
- Hans Gunnarsson, a co-founder of Four Levent, will discuss how to connect with customers via RFID. Four Levent has created a high-quality dress shirt with a Near Field Communication (NFC) RFID tag embedded in each cuff. The customer can, via a free app, write his or her own information to the tags, such as a business card, a company URL or a link to a video. The audience will learn how the firm is using RFID technology to connect with its customers and enhance customer loyalty, and how the tags can be used in even more creative ways.
The event will also feature a roundtable breakfast for retailers, hosted by Dr. Bill Hardgrave, and an exhibit area in which leading technology companies will showcase their latest solutions. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from those who have already deployed RFID, and to network with leading end users.
"The use of RFID to manage complex inventories, improve store operations and enhance profitability is picking up among retailers in Europe, as in the United States," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "This is a great opportunity for retailers to hear how RFID is delivering benefits today, and to meet the RFID technology companies that have solutions designed for the retail sector."
For more information, please visit the RFID Journal LIVE! Europe website, www.rfidjournalevents.com/europe, or call (631) 249-4960.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
Vice President, Marketing
SOURCE RFID Journal
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,566
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,328
Sep. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,809
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,044
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,413
Sep. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,766
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 949
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,552
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,674
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,960
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
Sep. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,251
Sep. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,546