|By PR Newswire||
|August 7, 2014 11:48 AM EDT||
VIDALIA, Ga., Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Vidalia Onion Committee (VOC) is sharing new recipes that celebrate the season's freshest sweet Vidalia onions on the grill. And to get your pantry stocked and ready for grilling, the VOC is offering special savings with a coupon for $0.50 off 5 pounds or more of bagged or bulk Vidalia onions. Find the coupon at www.Facebook.com/vidaliaonions.
Hot Dog Sliders with Vidalia® Peach Salsa and Sweet Chili Mustard
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 3 wieners
- 3 dinner or Hawaiian rolls
- 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a medium bowl combine Vidalia onion, peaches, chili pepper, lime juice and cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine mustard, honey and chili powder.
- Cut each wiener in half widthwise to create 6 mini wieners. Split each mini wiener in half lengthwise, not cutting all the way through.
- Grill wieners over direct heat, flipping occasionally, until browned, 9-12 minutes.
- Split rolls through the middle but not all the way through. Spread each bun with 2 teaspoons of mustard mixture. Top with a wiener, split side up. Fill the split in the wiener with Vidalia Peach Salsa.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken and Vidalia® Flatbread Salad
Serves 2 for dinner, 4 as an appetizer
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 5 Tbsp. Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/2 lb. total)
- 2-9 inch naan breads or pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 carrot, peeled and then shredded using a potato peeler
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- Preheat a grill to med-high heat. Trim ends and peel Vidalia onion and slice into three thick slices. Keep rings intact. Brush onion slices with 1 Tbsp. wing sauce.
- Brush each chicken breast with 1 Tbsp. wing sauce.
- Grill the three onion slices and chicken breasts until chicken is cooked through and onion slices are blackened, 12-15 minutes. Do not turn off grill.
- Use the remaining 2 Tbsp.'s of wing sauce to brush chicken and onions again after cooking.
- Oil one side flatbread with ½ tsp. of olive oil. Put flatbread oil-side-down on the grill.
- Top with ¼ cup cheese. Grill until bottom is starting to brown and cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes.
- Slice chicken into ½ inch slices. Separate onion slices into rings, top flatbread with salad greens, carrot, celery, ranch dressing, chicken and onion rings.
For even more recipes and tips, visit VidaliaOnion.org
SOURCE Vidalia Onion Committee
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,950
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 448
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,218
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,083
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,040
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 368
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 2,063
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,813
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,847
Dec. 5, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,555
Dec. 5, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,602
Dec. 5, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,691
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,059
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 879
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 864