|By PR Newswire||
|August 7, 2014 08:45 PM EDT||
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the No on 46 campaign released its first campaign video on multiple online platforms. Entitled "The Truth about Proposition 46," the two-minute video features real practicing physicians and medical students from across the state discussing the flaws, costs and potential harmful consequences to patients and California's health care system, if 46 were to pass.
To view the video, go to: http://youtu.be/m7jzkdx9BNs
Substantive flaws of the measure highlighted by the video include:
- It is written and paid for almost exclusively by trial attorneys, who will personally profit from Proposition 46.
- It quadruples the limit on medical malpractice awards in CA, which will cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
- It will raise health care premiums and cause doctors and medical specialists to reduce services or leave the state.
- It could burden the average family of four with up to $1,000 per year in increased costs.
- It threatens personal privacy by requiring a massive expansion of the use of a government-run prescription drug database without any additional security safeguards.
What's more, Proposition 46 is disingenuous. According to the New York Times (August 1, 2014), the physician drug testing provision was only "inserted as a sweetener" in an attempt to achieve the measure's true intent: increasing the cap on medical malpractice awards.
"Californians have a long and well-documented history of rejecting ballot measures that are either dishonest to voters or too burdensome for taxpayers," said Gale Kaufman, Senior Strategist for the No on 46 campaign. "Proposition 46 is a double whammy – it's both deceptive and costly. This video represents a powerful opening argument in the very strong case against this year's most reckless ballot measure."
More than 500 statewide and community organizations are opposing the too-high cost of Proposition 46, including (partial list):
- California Teachers Association
- California School Boards Association
- Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) California
- State Building and Construction Trades Council of California
- AFSCME California PEOPLE
- IBEW Ninth District
- California State Firefighters Association
- California Medical Association
- California Dental Association
- California Hospital Association
- California Pharmacists Association
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Emergency Physicians, California Chapter
- California Association of Physician Groups
- California Association for Nurse Practitioners
- Community Clinics Association of Los Angeles County
- La Clinica de La Raza
- California Association of Rural Health Clinics
- Central Valley Health Network
- California Special Districts Association
- City of Long Beach
- NAACP California
- California Chamber of Commerce
- California Black Chamber of Commerce
- California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- American Civil Liberties Union of California
- Union of American Physicians and Dentists (AFSCME Local 206)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, California
To learn more, visit www.NoOn46.com
Video - http://youtu.be/m7jzkdx9BNs
SOURCE No on 46
Sep. 1, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 419
Sep. 1, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 270
Sep. 1, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 475
Sep. 1, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 388
Sep. 1, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 436
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 210
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 196
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 509
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 440
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 137
Sep. 1, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 214
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 479
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 914