|By PR Newswire||
|August 8, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is highlighting its space and missile defense capabilities during the 17th Annual Space and Missile Defense Symposium to be held here Aug. 11-14 at the Von Braun Center.
The symposium's 2014 theme is "Space and Missile Defense: Foundational to U.S. Strategy Today and in the Future." Northrop Grumman is this year's Titanium sponsor and will host the Salute to the Warfighter event Aug. 13 at 5 p.m. in Booth #601.
"This year's symposium will address homeland, regional and partner nation missile defense and space and missile defense technology development," said Kevin Campbell, vice president and Huntsville corporate lead executive, Northrop Grumman and 2014 Space and Missile Defense Symposium industry chair. "As the threat continues to grow, it remains our collective imperative to pursue technologies that meet our nation's and partners' needs."
In its displays and online information, Northrop Grumman is featuring foundational and integrated capabilities to enable joint warfighters to meet evolving threats, including:
- Since 1995, Northrop Grumman has been the prime contractor of the Joint National Integration Center Research and Development Contract (JRDC). The Northrop Grumman-led JRDC team conducts Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)-level modeling and simulation, ground and flight tests, wargames, exercises, mission-critical operations and related analysis to facilitate the integration of new BMDS capabilities into warfighter operations.
- The Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS) is a revolutionary command-and-control system developed to deliver a single, unambiguous view of the battlespace. The IBCS "any sensor, best shooter" enhanced aircraft and missile tracking and battle management system improves the ability of combatant commanders and air defenders to make critical decisions and optimizes limited resources.
- Operated by soldiers from the Army Space and Missile Defense Command, the Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS) is a theater-deployed, transportable missile warning system that receives and processes space-based infrared satellite data directly from U.S. Air Force geosynchronous sensors. The JTAGS mission is to release ballistic missile warning messages and other infrared events to theater warfighters over multiple communication systems.
- The Three-Dimensional Expeditionary Long-Range Radar (3DELRR) is the Air Force's future main air defense radar, designed to detect and track hostile aircraft and missiles. Modular, scalable and designed to meet the Air Force's needs for decades to come, Northrop Grumman's S-Band 3DELRR solution has the potential to accelerate the Initial Operational Capability (IOC) by two years – and to save more than $1 billion in the process.
- Based on proven technology that is already in production, the Highly Adaptable Multi-Mission Radar (HAMMR) provides comprehensive situational awareness to protect the fighting force from current and emerging threats. HAMMR is optimized to detect fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, cruise missiles, and rockets and mortars, including those in the "cone of silence" of other radars.
- The Distributed Aperture System (DAS) provides passive, spherical battlespace awareness for F-35 pilots by simultaneously detecting and tracking aircraft and missiles in every direction and providing visual imagery for day/night navigation and targeting. The DAS works in conjunction with the AN/APG-81 active electronically scanned array radar and other onboard systems to give pilots an unprecedented degree of situational awareness.
- The two Space Tracking and Surveillance System demonstration satellites are showing the ability of a space sensor to provide high-precision, real-time tracking of missiles and midcourse objects that enable closing the fire control loops with BMDS. They use sensors capable of detecting visible and infrared light to track missiles through their full course of flight.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 6,831
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:54 PM EST
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,206
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 4,463
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 745
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 5,926
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Mike Johnston, an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io, will discuss how to use Kubernetes to setup a SaaS infrastructure for your business. Mike Johnston is an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io with over 12 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining server and workstation infrastructure at all scales. He has experience with brick and mortar data centers as well as cloud providers like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace....
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,461
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,313
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 468
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,564
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 486
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 768
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,092
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,415
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,221