|By PR Newswire||
|August 8, 2014 02:05 PM EDT||
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the No on 46 campaign released its first campaign video on multiple online platforms. Entitled "The Truth about Proposition 46," the two-minute video features real practicing physicians and medical students from across the state discussing the flaws, costs and potential harmful consequences to patients and California's health care system, if 46 were to pass.
To view the video, go to: http://youtu.be/nqyIP9NaLYg
Substantive flaws of the measure highlighted by the video include:
- It is written and paid for almost exclusively by trial attorneys, who will personally profit from Proposition 46.
- It quadruples the limit on medical malpractice awards in CA, which will cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
- It will raise health care premiums and cause doctors and medical specialists to reduce services or leave the state.
- It could burden the average family of four with up to $1,000 per year in increased costs.
- It threatens personal privacy by requiring a massive expansion of the use of a government-run prescription drug database without any additional security safeguards.
What's more, Proposition 46 is disingenuous. According to the New York Times (August 1, 2014), the physician drug testing provision was only "inserted as a sweetener" in an attempt to achieve the measure's true intent: increasing the cap on medical malpractice awards.
"Californians have a long and well-documented history of rejecting ballot measures that are either dishonest to voters or too burdensome for taxpayers," said Gale Kaufman, Senior Strategist for the No on 46 campaign. "Proposition 46 is a double whammy – it's both deceptive and costly. This video represents a powerful opening argument in the very strong case against this year's most reckless ballot measure."
More than 500 statewide and community organizations are opposing the too-high cost of Proposition 46, including (partial list):
- California Teachers Association
- California School Boards Association
- Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) California
- State Building and Construction Trades Council of California
- AFSCME California PEOPLE
- IBEW Ninth District
- California State Firefighters Association
- California Medical Association
- California Dental Association
- California Hospital Association
- California Pharmacists Association
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Emergency Physicians, California Chapter
- California Association of Physician Groups
- California Association for Nurse Practitioners
- Community Clinics Association of Los Angeles County
- La Clinica de La Raza
- California Association of Rural Health Clinics
- Central Valley Health Network
- California Special Districts Association
- City of Long Beach
- NAACP California
- California Chamber of Commerce
- California Black Chamber of Commerce
- California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- American Civil Liberties Union of California
- Union of American Physicians and Dentists (AFSCME Local 206)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, California
To learn more, visit www.NoOn46.com
Video - http://youtu.be/nqyIP9NaLYg
SOURCE No on 46
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,099
Dec. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 340
Dec. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,142
Dec. 7, 2016 01:24 PM EST
Dec. 7, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,070
Dec. 7, 2016 12:35 PM EST Reads: 208
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 835
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 611
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 716
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 590
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,113
Dec. 7, 2016 11:47 AM EST Reads: 244
Dec. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,023
Dec. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 457
Dec. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 652