|By PR Newswire||
|August 8, 2014 07:28 PM EDT||
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement can be attributed to Jack Graham:
Today, Colorado State University informed me of its decision to terminate my contract as Director of Athletics. This announcement is surprising and deeply disappointing to me. I will personally miss the opportunity to continue to build on what we have accomplished during the past two and a half years.
We have taken significant steps to enhance Colorado State University's Athletics program:
- Nine new outstanding Head Coaches have been hired - all with the potential to deliver meaningful results for our student athletes' and University's success.
- The contracts for our four most prominent sports -- football, men's and women's basketball and volleyball -- have all been extended for close to a decade with significant break-up fees. This has secured our future of great leadership and coaching and mitigates the "stepping stone" dynamic that has prevailed at CSU.
- The administrative staff in the Department has been greatly enhanced by hiring many senior and accomplished executives. Our Department of Athletics is in very good hands.
- We have ignited RAM Nation with new enthusiasm for an Athletic Department that "thinks big, works hard and settles for nothing less than excellence" and that "Does it All": recruits people of great character; requires and supports student-athletes to succeed academically; and delivers results on the field of competition.
- We've raised our expectations of student-athlete conduct. We have accomplished a behavioral-incident rate below that of the general student population – a significant decline since the time I joined CSU.
- Our student athletes have achieved academic success never-before seen at Colorado State.
- Our win/loss records across virtually all of our programs have improved measurably. We now think regularly about winning conference championships with national recognition.
- We rebranded Moby, enhanced game-day experiences at Hughes and added a CSU Hall of Fame, all to increase pride through recognition of the many accomplishments of CSU Athletics and our graduates.
- By personally leading efforts and strategy to stabilize and maintain quality in our Conference, we kept Boise State and San Diego State in the Mountain West.
- We gained recognition of CSU as a place of excellence and established new partnerships with well-recognized businesses such as Under Armour and ESPN.
- We created new corporate sponsorship opportunities, increased sales and made easier the community's support of Athletics by opening the RAM ZONE in Old Town Fort Collins.
- Due to new marketing efforts, we are experiencing increases in numbers of boosters and ticket sales.
- We reached out to former CSU athletes and engaged them with a new publication called THE HORN, connecting them with students and with each other.
- We've set records for fund-raising for Athletics at CSU and have garnered tremendous support for the stadium.
- We've created a great design for a new on-campus stadium and multi-purpose facility that can serve the University from many perspectives – enhancing the student experience and engaging the community in diverse activities on campus.
There are many more accomplishments and even more opportunities for greater success for Colorado State Athletics going forward. I sincerely hope that the University's decision today will not derail the significant strides and positive developments that have been made in CSU Athletics and our fundraising efforts for the new stadium.
I will deeply miss the opportunity to help build on these successes. My wife Ginger and I love Fort Collins – we have made it our home – and we value the role the University plays in our community and believe in the people we've brought to the Athletic Department. We will miss the daily contact with colleagues in the Department, student-athletes and our coaches. These great people are the most rewarding part of the job.
Thank you to all who have embraced us and helped to make us feel so welcome in this community.
SOURCE Jack Graham
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,529
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 361
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq specializes in creating innovative solutions to solve business processes through the use of DevOps automation. Addteq was founded on the firm belief that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq's products and services are centered around the fundamental approach of understanding the pr...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,597
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,010
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 883
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 690
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 23, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,869
Peak 10 has announced that it has completed a 20,000 square foot expansion of its Cincinnati-area data center, a 6,000 square foot expansion of its data center campus in Charlotte’s University Research Park, and added a pair of seasoned executives to its leadership team. This further propels the company on its aggressive growth trajectory to meet the rising demand for flexible hybrid IT strategies and solutions across its enterprise customer base. Cincinnati is home to companies like Kroger, Pr...
Mar. 23, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,292
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 23, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,291
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 23, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,421
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 23, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,586
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 23, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,671
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Mar. 23, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,229
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 23, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,996
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 23, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,309