|By PR Newswire||
|August 8, 2014 07:28 PM EDT||
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement can be attributed to Jack Graham:
Today, Colorado State University informed me of its decision to terminate my contract as Director of Athletics. This announcement is surprising and deeply disappointing to me. I will personally miss the opportunity to continue to build on what we have accomplished during the past two and a half years.
We have taken significant steps to enhance Colorado State University's Athletics program:
- Nine new outstanding Head Coaches have been hired - all with the potential to deliver meaningful results for our student athletes' and University's success.
- The contracts for our four most prominent sports -- football, men's and women's basketball and volleyball -- have all been extended for close to a decade with significant break-up fees. This has secured our future of great leadership and coaching and mitigates the "stepping stone" dynamic that has prevailed at CSU.
- The administrative staff in the Department has been greatly enhanced by hiring many senior and accomplished executives. Our Department of Athletics is in very good hands.
- We have ignited RAM Nation with new enthusiasm for an Athletic Department that "thinks big, works hard and settles for nothing less than excellence" and that "Does it All": recruits people of great character; requires and supports student-athletes to succeed academically; and delivers results on the field of competition.
- We've raised our expectations of student-athlete conduct. We have accomplished a behavioral-incident rate below that of the general student population – a significant decline since the time I joined CSU.
- Our student athletes have achieved academic success never-before seen at Colorado State.
- Our win/loss records across virtually all of our programs have improved measurably. We now think regularly about winning conference championships with national recognition.
- We rebranded Moby, enhanced game-day experiences at Hughes and added a CSU Hall of Fame, all to increase pride through recognition of the many accomplishments of CSU Athletics and our graduates.
- By personally leading efforts and strategy to stabilize and maintain quality in our Conference, we kept Boise State and San Diego State in the Mountain West.
- We gained recognition of CSU as a place of excellence and established new partnerships with well-recognized businesses such as Under Armour and ESPN.
- We created new corporate sponsorship opportunities, increased sales and made easier the community's support of Athletics by opening the RAM ZONE in Old Town Fort Collins.
- Due to new marketing efforts, we are experiencing increases in numbers of boosters and ticket sales.
- We reached out to former CSU athletes and engaged them with a new publication called THE HORN, connecting them with students and with each other.
- We've set records for fund-raising for Athletics at CSU and have garnered tremendous support for the stadium.
- We've created a great design for a new on-campus stadium and multi-purpose facility that can serve the University from many perspectives – enhancing the student experience and engaging the community in diverse activities on campus.
There are many more accomplishments and even more opportunities for greater success for Colorado State Athletics going forward. I sincerely hope that the University's decision today will not derail the significant strides and positive developments that have been made in CSU Athletics and our fundraising efforts for the new stadium.
I will deeply miss the opportunity to help build on these successes. My wife Ginger and I love Fort Collins – we have made it our home – and we value the role the University plays in our community and believe in the people we've brought to the Athletic Department. We will miss the daily contact with colleagues in the Department, student-athletes and our coaches. These great people are the most rewarding part of the job.
Thank you to all who have embraced us and helped to make us feel so welcome in this community.
SOURCE Jack Graham
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,171
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,340
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,629
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,818
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 20, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 727
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,075
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,695
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 5,505
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 2,920
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 6,381
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 4,748
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,934
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,712
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 4,270
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,973