|By Business Wire||
|August 10, 2014 10:00 PM EDT||
MatchBox (https://matchboxec.com/), a business matching site that introduces Japanese crafts and local products to overseas audiences, locates appealing sellers, and provides the means to expand business, launches on August 11, 2014. As a result, the site is actively recruiting companies interested in becoming buyers.
MatchBox (https://matchboxec.com/) was developed by Seiwa Logistics Systems, an Osaka-based (Japan) logistics company that has experienced explosive growth via its innovative applications of IT and web systems.
MatchBox is a business matching site that introduces works specifically focused on Japanese traditional crafts and products manufactured by local industries for the purpose of allowing users to discover new business opportunities. Even globally, it is the only one of its kind.
In line with the intent of the Cool Japan Initiative, which is being promoted by the Japanese government, MatchBox has been selected as a subsidized project in a grant known as the "Small and medium sized enterprise - small-scale manufacturing, commerce, and service reform project (translation)."
The goal and significance of establishing a business matching site that specializes in introducing traditional craft wares and locally produced products
* Japan's traditional craft wares and local products are backed by incredibly advanced technologies. There are a vast number of products that excel at expressing the unique beauty of Japan that are not found anywhere else.
* In most cases however, traditional craft wares and local products are produced by small-scale businesses or individual artists. Typically their capacity to undertake PR for their own companies and to pitch sales is very weak.
* Further, even when these businesses and artisans are aware of the importance of developing overseas markets for their works, they do not have the capacity to develop overseas sales channels through their own efforts.
* MatchBox was established with the goal to provide new business opportunities by matching overseas companies who want to import and sell Japan's unrivaled traditional craft wares and local products in their own country with makers of these traditional craft wares and local products in Japan who wish to develop new sales channels, particularly overseas.
* Several companies with no previous experience interacting with others overseas are expected to register with MatchBox. For overseas buyers, it will become possible to effortlessly search among sellers of Japan's unrivaled traditional craft wares and local products, which until now they had no opportunities to discover.
* The MatchBox project endorses the underlying logic of the Cool Japan Initiative, and aims to contribute to making it a reality. The Cool Japan Initiative was enacted by the Japanese government and is a policy whose goal is to introduce the culture of Japan abroad.
How to use MatchBox
provides sellers and buyers with business matching opportunities.
No transaction fees are generated after both parties have concluded their business transaction.
- Buyers must first register; the only information required when buyers register is an email address. There are no fees for browsing products.
- Buyers should become acquainted with the product price, unit price, and minimum lot when they find a product they like. Two points designation must be obtained per product if the buyers would like to progress to the negotiations stage. Two points costs 216 yen and can be purchased via PayPal.
- Please conduct negotiations in English. MatchBox can provide interpreter services (optional support).
- There are no fees payable to MatchBox regardless of the amount of money involved in the transaction.
[Overview of Seiwa Logistics Systems]
* Representative Director: Kotaro Hoshi
* Head Office: 2-4-63 Yokoe, Ibaraki City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
[Seiwa Logistics Systems]
Seiwa Logistics Systems was founded in 1985.
Currently 7 offices, including 2 locations overseas.
Logistics consulting, logistics center operation, general freight operations, and the development and sales of logistics related systems.
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
May. 1, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
May. 1, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,543
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
May. 1, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,286
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
May. 1, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,198
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 30, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,856
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 30, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,929
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 30, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,624
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 30, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,643
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 30, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,682
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 30, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,525
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 30, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,717
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 30, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,209
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 30, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,355
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 30, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,458
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Apr. 30, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,569