|By PR Newswire||
|August 11, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, Aug. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Zacks.com announces the list of stocks featured in the Analyst Blog. Every day the Zacks Equity Research analysts discuss the latest news and events impacting stocks and the financial markets. Stocks recently featured in the blog include the Natural Gas Services (NYSE:NGS-Free Report), Sanmina Corp. (Nasdaq:SANM-Free Report), Green Dot Corp. (NYSE:GDOT-Free Report), Gilead Sciences (Nasdaq:GILD-Free Report) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ-Free Report).
Today, Zacks is promoting its ''Buy'' stock recommendations. Get #1Stock of the Day pick for free.
Here are highlights from Friday's Analyst Blog:
Market Strategy: Play Energy & IT
August is here. This deep summer month started us off with investors taking profits, using worry on the Russia-Ukraine-Europe tug of war as an excuse to sell. Here at Zacks, we areforward focused on the underlying fundamental outlook for S&P 500 earnings in 2015.
In excerpts from the Zacks August Market Strategy report, shared below, we provide an up-to-date S&P 500 "fair value" calculation based on 2015 earnings, and labor productivity insight from the San Fran Fed.
Finally, don't miss our three top-down Zacks Rank stock picks in the final section!
Zacks August Outlook on the S&P 500
After range-bound winter and spring trading, a low volume summer melt-up turned markets around. Lately, profit taking has taken a toll. In August, we surmise low volume markets melt up on a full year 2015 landscape. What's invisible becomes visible in fits and starts. Fair value quants play 'leapfrog' each summer. 2014 disappears and 2015 appears.
Outside Zacks, bottoms-up strategists for 2015 priced S&P 500 earnings at $132.50 a month ago. Post Q2 earnings reports, this rose to $133.80. Tie on a 15 forward P/E to do simple math.
Hence, 2000 (+/- 10 points) on the S&P 500 is fair value into fall.
The Fed Looks Into Labor Productivity
"Labor productivity, or inflation-adjusted output per hour worked, is an important factor underpinning the sustainable speed limit for the economy.
- From the early 1970s through 1995, productivity in the business sector rose only about 1½% per year.
- In the next eight years, through 2003, that pace more than doubled. Considerable evidence links that acceleration to the production and use of information technology (IT).
- However, over the past decade, productivity growth has returned to roughly its pre-1995 pace of about 1½%."
-- San Fran "Fed" View in Mid-July.
Zacks August Sector/Industry/Company Telescope
In August, the North American oil production build is on. Add to that, facts that consumers globally are stepping up to buy Consumer Electronics. Global businesses are spending more on IT to drive up productivity and connectivity. Semiconductors lead all major Zacks Rank industries. That can only imply global IT strength on spending, both consumer IT and business IT.
(1) Energy is a Very Attractive sector. The big integrated oil & gas companies lead the way in August, followed by E&P, Alternate Sources and Drillers. There are no unattractive energy industries in late summertime.
(2) Info Tech is Very Attractive. The biggest leader of ALL industries is the semiconductor industry. Computer Software-services also looks attractive.
(3) Financials are Attractive. The leader is Investment Banking & Brokering, with much M&A activity to fund. Insurance has more cyclical upside to play with. Banks-Major, Finance, and Real Estate remain at market.
(4) Health Care is Attractive. The leader is Medical Care, as enrollments in Health insurance are much higher now. Drug and Medical Products are market perform. A strong Gilead Sciences (Nasdaq:GILD-Free Report) report is masking a lot of sideways performance.
(5) Industrials are Market. Leaders are in Railroads and Aerospace & Defense. Laggards are in Pollution Control and Electrical Machinery.
(6) Consumer Discretionary is Market to Unattractive sector. This spend your income group has just one outperformer: the Consumer Electronics industry. There are new deep underperformers like Home Furnishing-Appliance, and Leisure Services to note. Those industries used to lead. Now they lag.
(7) Materials are Unattractive. The Container & Glass industries rest at market perform. That's the best spot here.
(8) Consumer Staples is a Very Unattractive sector. Stay away from Food, Food & Drug Retail, and Soaps & Cosmetics in particular. Want the attractive industry here? Just Beverages.
(10) Utilities are Very Unattractive. The best industry, Gas Distributors is market perform.
Today, Zacks is promoting its ''Buy'' stock recommendations. Get #1Stock of the Day pick for free.
About Zacks Equity Research
Zacks Equity Research provides the best of quantitative and qualitative analysis to help investors know what stocks to buy and which to sell for the long-term.
Continuous coverage is provided for a universe of 1,150 publicly traded stocks. Our analysts are organized by industry which gives them keen insights to developments that affect company profits and stock performance. Recommendations and target prices are six-month time horizons.
Zacks "Profit from the Pros" e-mail newsletter provides highlights of the latest analysis from Zacks Equity Research. Subscribe to this free newsletter today.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Register for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit http://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
SOURCE Zacks Investment Research, Inc.
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 233
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 887
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 302
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 214
Oct. 9, 2015 03:49 PM EDT
Oct. 9, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Oct. 9, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 138
Oct. 9, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 106
Oct. 9, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 289
Oct. 9, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 154
Oct. 9, 2015 03:05 PM EDT
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 200
DevOps is here to stay because it works. Most businesses using this methodology are already realizing a wide range of real, measurable benefits as a result of implementing DevOps, including the breakdown of inter-departmental silos, faster delivery of new features and more stable operating environments. To take advantage of the cloud’s improved speed and flexibility, development and operations teams need to work together more closely and productively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Prashanth...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bryan Forrester, Senior Vice President of Sales at eFolder, will present how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He will also demonstrate how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 481
Saviynt Inc. has announced the availability of the next release of Saviynt for AWS. The comprehensive security and compliance solution provides a Command-and-Control center to gain visibility into risks in AWS, enforce real-time protection of critical workloads as well as data and automate access life-cycle governance. The solution enables AWS customers to meet their compliance mandates such as ITAR, SOX, PCI, etc. by including an extensive risk and controls library to detect known threats and b...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 232