|By Marketwired .||
|August 12, 2014 12:02 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/12/14 -- Today Platform9 emerged from stealth and unveiled its SaaS platform that transforms an organization's existing servers into an AWS-like agile, self-service private cloud within minutes. The platform significantly reduces the operational complexity for IT and offers single pane of glass management of Docker, KVM and VMware vSphere. Platform9 is currently in beta with a dozen mid-to-large sized organizations.
Also today Platform9 announced $4.5 million in Series A funding from Redpoint Ventures: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=1136696. Advisors include Meraki Founder Hans Robertson, Former VMware Exec Bogomil Balkansky and Caroline McCrory.
"Platform9's big innovation is that it brings the best of the public cloud to our existing infrastructure," said Gopal Koratana, CTO of Vendormate, who serves 2,000 healthcare providers and 68,000 vendor companies.
IT leaders of today are being asked to deliver public cloud-like agility with in-house infrastructure. Many organizations start by using the public cloud before scaling to a point where deploying their own infrastructure makes sense for cost and performance reasons. In addition, IT has to deal with the emerging diversity in virtualization and container technologies since different workloads are better suited to one or the other.
"We founded Platform9 because as early engineers at VMware, we observed how customers were struggling to achieve AWS-like efficiency with increasingly archaic management software," said Sirish Raghuram, co-founder and CEO of Platform9. "We believe that just like SaaS revolutionized the world of enterprise applications, it can do the same for enterprise datacenters. You can think of us as the Salesforce.com of private cloud management. Our customers come to our web site, sign up and transform their existing infrastructure into a private cloud within minutes. From there on, they can focus on using their infrastructure rather than babysitting the management software."
"Having worked with the Platform9 team over the last 6 months, I can tell you their vision is spot on when it comes to knowing what customers need to make a jump to their own private cloud successful," said Mark Schliemann, VP of Technical Operations at Moz, a leader in marketing analytics.
Platform9 is the easiest way for enterprises to implement a private cloud, with intelligent, self-service provisioning of workloads onto their computing infrastructure.
- 100% Cloud Managed: Platform9's cloud-based model means that there is no complex management software to setup, monitor and upgrade, thus simplifying the operational experience.
- Single Pane of Glass: Platform9 offers unified management across diverse environments - Docker, KVM and VMware vSphere - across datacenters and geographies.
- Based on OpenStack: Platform9 customers get the best of OpenStack with 100% API compatibility.
How IT Benefits
- Non-Disruptive Setup and Upgrades: Administrators can import their existing servers and workloads non-disruptively within minutes. Upgrades are as easy as clicking a button in the User Interface and letting Platform9 do the rest.
- Richer Visibility: Platform9 dashboards provide rich visibility and insight into an organization's private cloud, across infrastructure, workloads and users. Platform9 works across datacenters and geographies, eliminating management silos.
- Automation and Policy Control: Platform9 pools together servers, storage and networking into a private cloud that can be shared by teams of users. Platform9's intelligent placement technology ensures optimal hardware utilization, enforces capacity quotas and enables administrators to express rich policies for tiered consumption of resources.
- Support for Diversity: Platform9 lets administrators mix and match Docker, KVM and VMware vSphere seamlessly, enabling them to choose the best virtualization or container technologies for their applications.
How Developers Benefit
- Self-Service Access: Developers get UI and API based self-service access to their private cloud. They can rapidly provision and access instances without waiting on human intervention. Developers can easily automate their build/test/release pipeline by leveraging OpenStack APIs or libraries.
- Support for Collaboration: Platform9 makes collaboration between team members and across different teams easy and intuitive with native support for creation of shared environments to rapidly provision and destroy instances. This enables faster resolution of problems between development and QA teams.
Platform9 will showcase its product in its booth #324 at VMware's VMworld Conference, taking place the week of August 25th in San Francisco. The product is currently in beta with general availability planned for later this year. Platform9 currently supports KVM with upcoming support for Docker and VMware vSphere. To register for a free trial, go to: http://www.platform9.com.
Platform9 is a private cloud company whose SaaS platform transforms an organization's existing infrastructure into an agile, self-service private cloud within minutes, offering the simplicity of AWS-like public clouds with complete ownership of all resources and data. The platform is the 1st 100% cloud managed platform for Docker, KVM and VMware vSphere. Founded in 2013 by a team of early VMware engineers, Platform9 is backed by Redpoint Ventures and headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, visit: http://www.platform9.com, or follow Platform9 on Twitter @platform9sys.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2654660
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2654663
Media and Analyst Contact:
Aug. 29, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 315
Aug. 29, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 374
Aug. 29, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 373
Aug. 29, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 362
Aug. 29, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 463
Aug. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 374
Aug. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 316
Aug. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
Aug. 29, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 421
Aug. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 196
Aug. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 144
Aug. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 141
Aug. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 150
Aug. 29, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 198
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 200