|By Business Wire||
|August 12, 2014 07:46 AM EDT||
With the billion dollar sale of the Los Angeles Clippers, LeBron James' return to Cleveland and the most successful World Cup to date, this has been a big year for the business of sports. To examine these events and the future of the business, Bloomberg announced today that it will host its third annual Sports Business Summit in New York on September 4, 2014 at the Altman Building. The one-day conference will feature the commissioners, team owners, players and bankers who drive the business of sports.
“In an increasingly competitive market, the business of sports is continuing to grow,” said Jason Kelly, managing editor and head of Bloomberg LINK. "We're bringing together experts from all sides of the business from compensating student athletes to U.S. Soccer carrying forward the momentum of the FIFA World Cup to the new class of sports super-agents."
The summit will feature industry-leading speakers, including National Basketball Association Commissioner Adam Silver, who will discuss some of this year’s biggest deals; Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber, who will look at lessons learned from the most successful World Cup in the tournament's history; and Avenue Capital CEO and Co-Founder Marc Lasry, who will explore the potential business opportunities with his new team, the Milwaukee Bucks.
Other Speakers include:
- Gary Bettman, Commissioner, National Hockey League
- Valerie B. Ackerman, Commissioner, Big East Conference
- Dominique Foxworth, Former NFL Player; Former President, National Football League Players Association
- Randy Levine, President, New York Yankees; Of Counsel, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Larry Lucchino, President and CEO, Boston Red Sox
- Stephen M. Ross, Chairman, CEO and Founder, Related Companies; Chairman and Managing General Partner, Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium
- Ken Fuchs, Head, Yahoo Sports
- Marc A. Utay, Managing Partner, Clarion Capital Partners, LLC
- Joshua J. Harris, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Apollo Management, LP; Managing Partner, Philadelphia 76ers; Principal Owner, New Jersey Devils
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/events/sports-2014/#overview
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@BBGLINK). The hashtag for this event is #BBGSPORTS.
Tri-State Audi Dealers are the official automotive partner of the Summit. The Summit is also sponsored by Proskauer.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bloomberg LINK, the executive conference arm of Bloomberg LP, leverages the resources of a global news and information organization to convene events that break news and generate content in live and digital forums. The LINK portfolio focuses on business, technology, finance and world affairs. Since its creation in 2009, LINK has hosted more than 140 events in 14 countries. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com, on the Bloomberg Professional service at LINK <GO> or via Twitter @BBGLink.
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,981
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,102
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,039
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,355
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,811
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,565
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,894
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,043
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,885
Jan. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,560
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,374
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,102
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,705
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 921
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,384