|By Business Wire||
|August 12, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) will unveil the second generation of its Technology Truck concept highlighting future technologies at the upcoming IAA Commercial Vehicles show being held Sept. 25-Oct. 2 in Hannover, Germany (Hall 17, Stand No. A04).
“Delphi is a leader in developing technology that commercial vehicle drivers expect while helping manufacturers meet current and future global regulations,” said Jeff Owens, Delphi’s chief technology officer. “The latest vision and radar sensors, fuel injection systems and infotainment technologies featured on the Tech Truck will help CV OEMs develop green vehicles while helping drivers stay safe and remain connected.”
Technical highlights at the IAA Commercial Vehicles Show:
- Beyond Euro VI – development of a new heavy duty fuel injection system for increased performance and efficiency: Building on the performance of its groundbreaking 2700 bar F2 common rail technologies, the company will unveil the next generation fuel injection system for commercial vehicles applications. The system, which includes a patented fuel injector, will help vehicle manufacturers meet future legislated emissions and fuel efficiency levels.
- New High Pressure Direct Injection (HPDI) natural gas injector for heavy-duty engine applications: Delphi will debut the second generation of the HPDI injector co-developed with Westport.
- New high-performance, modular family of Diesel Common Rail Systems for medium duty applications: The new range of high-pressure systems that will debut at the IAA CV show will help vehicle manufacturers meet performance and planned emission legislation requirements.
- Fundamental safety building blocks for future automated vehicles: The supplier will showcase its latest vision and radar sensors based on unique ‘Delphi vision and fusion algorithms’. Among these technologies are autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and lane departure warning (LDW) systems which will be mandatory features for all new heavy-duty vehicles by Nov. 1, 2015.
- From infotainment to autonomous driving, Ethernet is transforming the vehicle: Ethernet penetration in new vehicles will grow from 1 percent in 2014 to 40 percent in 2020 according to ABI research. Delphi's advanced Ethernet Connectivity enables vehicle systems to communicate and share information at a speed of 100 megabits per second. Delphi offers a robust, cost-effective solution for Ethernet integration into the vehicle wiring architecture.
- Latest integrated infotainment display for commercial vehicles delivers critical information to drivers with maximum safety: Delphi will show the European market the new DEA600 smart display that integrates numerous leading-edge technologies with robust design elements. It combines traditional radio functionalities with modern connectivity options and internet access. This unique integrated display for commercial vehicles is one of the first of its kind to use the Android operating system.
- Reconfigurable clusters to minimize driver distraction: As truck drivers have access to increasing amounts of information while on the road, driver distraction is a growing concern. Delphi offers full-color, high-resolution and entirely reconfigurable vehicle cockpit instrument panel displays that help create a safer driving experience. The system displays key driver information within 20º field-of-view and uses photorealistic 3D graphics.
- Wireless device charging provides convenience, safer driving experience: Commercial vehicles rely on a number of mobile devices to communicate between drivers and to manage fleets, as well as to entertain, inform and keep drivers safe on their journey. Delphi’s wireless device charging eliminates multiple charging cords in the vehicle cabin and replaces them with an automatic, safe and convenient charging system. Delphi developed a multi-mode system that is compliant with latest charging standards, including the highly resonant technology to cover a full range of consumer devices.
- Enhanced range of high voltage connection systems to meet the robust requirements of commercial vehicles: Delphi will show a new range of high voltage connectors and accessories that has been developed to handle high vibrations in harsh environments.
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a leading global supplier of technologies for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Delphi operates major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 32 countries, with regional headquarters in Bascharage, Luxembourg; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Shanghai, China and Troy, Michigan, U.S. Delphi delivers innovation for the real world with technologies that make cars and trucks safer as well as more powerful, efficient and connected. Visit www.delphi.com.
Mar. 23, 2017 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,415
Mar. 23, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,172
Mar. 23, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,981
Mar. 23, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 8,057
Mar. 23, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,462
Mar. 23, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,655
Mar. 23, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,704
Mar. 23, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 886
Mar. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,892
Mar. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,313
Mar. 23, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,098
Mar. 23, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,255
Mar. 23, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,645
Mar. 23, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,287
Mar. 22, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,937