|By Business Wire||
|August 12, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) will unveil the second generation of its Technology Truck concept highlighting future technologies at the upcoming IAA Commercial Vehicles show being held Sept. 25-Oct. 2 in Hannover, Germany (Hall 17, Stand No. A04).
“Delphi is a leader in developing technology that commercial vehicle drivers expect while helping manufacturers meet current and future global regulations,” said Jeff Owens, Delphi’s chief technology officer. “The latest vision and radar sensors, fuel injection systems and infotainment technologies featured on the Tech Truck will help CV OEMs develop green vehicles while helping drivers stay safe and remain connected.”
Technical highlights at the IAA Commercial Vehicles Show:
- Beyond Euro VI – development of a new heavy duty fuel injection system for increased performance and efficiency: Building on the performance of its groundbreaking 2700 bar F2 common rail technologies, the company will unveil the next generation fuel injection system for commercial vehicles applications. The system, which includes a patented fuel injector, will help vehicle manufacturers meet future legislated emissions and fuel efficiency levels.
- New High Pressure Direct Injection (HPDI) natural gas injector for heavy-duty engine applications: Delphi will debut the second generation of the HPDI injector co-developed with Westport.
- New high-performance, modular family of Diesel Common Rail Systems for medium duty applications: The new range of high-pressure systems that will debut at the IAA CV show will help vehicle manufacturers meet performance and planned emission legislation requirements.
- Fundamental safety building blocks for future automated vehicles: The supplier will showcase its latest vision and radar sensors based on unique ‘Delphi vision and fusion algorithms’. Among these technologies are autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and lane departure warning (LDW) systems which will be mandatory features for all new heavy-duty vehicles by Nov. 1, 2015.
- From infotainment to autonomous driving, Ethernet is transforming the vehicle: Ethernet penetration in new vehicles will grow from 1 percent in 2014 to 40 percent in 2020 according to ABI research. Delphi's advanced Ethernet Connectivity enables vehicle systems to communicate and share information at a speed of 100 megabits per second. Delphi offers a robust, cost-effective solution for Ethernet integration into the vehicle wiring architecture.
- Latest integrated infotainment display for commercial vehicles delivers critical information to drivers with maximum safety: Delphi will show the European market the new DEA600 smart display that integrates numerous leading-edge technologies with robust design elements. It combines traditional radio functionalities with modern connectivity options and internet access. This unique integrated display for commercial vehicles is one of the first of its kind to use the Android operating system.
- Reconfigurable clusters to minimize driver distraction: As truck drivers have access to increasing amounts of information while on the road, driver distraction is a growing concern. Delphi offers full-color, high-resolution and entirely reconfigurable vehicle cockpit instrument panel displays that help create a safer driving experience. The system displays key driver information within 20º field-of-view and uses photorealistic 3D graphics.
- Wireless device charging provides convenience, safer driving experience: Commercial vehicles rely on a number of mobile devices to communicate between drivers and to manage fleets, as well as to entertain, inform and keep drivers safe on their journey. Delphi’s wireless device charging eliminates multiple charging cords in the vehicle cabin and replaces them with an automatic, safe and convenient charging system. Delphi developed a multi-mode system that is compliant with latest charging standards, including the highly resonant technology to cover a full range of consumer devices.
- Enhanced range of high voltage connection systems to meet the robust requirements of commercial vehicles: Delphi will show a new range of high voltage connectors and accessories that has been developed to handle high vibrations in harsh environments.
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a leading global supplier of technologies for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Delphi operates major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 32 countries, with regional headquarters in Bascharage, Luxembourg; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Shanghai, China and Troy, Michigan, U.S. Delphi delivers innovation for the real world with technologies that make cars and trucks safer as well as more powerful, efficient and connected. Visit www.delphi.com.
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 29, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 29, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,443
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,254
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,512
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,492
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 29, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 897
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 29, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,806
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 29, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,353
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,292
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,581
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 926
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 29, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 950
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 29, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,062
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 29, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 993
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 28, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,385