|By Business Wire||
|August 12, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) will unveil the second generation of its Technology Truck concept highlighting future technologies at the upcoming IAA Commercial Vehicles show being held Sept. 25-Oct. 2 in Hannover, Germany (Hall 17, Stand No. A04).
“Delphi is a leader in developing technology that commercial vehicle drivers expect while helping manufacturers meet current and future global regulations,” said Jeff Owens, Delphi’s chief technology officer. “The latest vision and radar sensors, fuel injection systems and infotainment technologies featured on the Tech Truck will help CV OEMs develop green vehicles while helping drivers stay safe and remain connected.”
Technical highlights at the IAA Commercial Vehicles Show:
- Beyond Euro VI – development of a new heavy duty fuel injection system for increased performance and efficiency: Building on the performance of its groundbreaking 2700 bar F2 common rail technologies, the company will unveil the next generation fuel injection system for commercial vehicles applications. The system, which includes a patented fuel injector, will help vehicle manufacturers meet future legislated emissions and fuel efficiency levels.
- New High Pressure Direct Injection (HPDI) natural gas injector for heavy-duty engine applications: Delphi will debut the second generation of the HPDI injector co-developed with Westport.
- New high-performance, modular family of Diesel Common Rail Systems for medium duty applications: The new range of high-pressure systems that will debut at the IAA CV show will help vehicle manufacturers meet performance and planned emission legislation requirements.
- Fundamental safety building blocks for future automated vehicles: The supplier will showcase its latest vision and radar sensors based on unique ‘Delphi vision and fusion algorithms’. Among these technologies are autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and lane departure warning (LDW) systems which will be mandatory features for all new heavy-duty vehicles by Nov. 1, 2015.
- From infotainment to autonomous driving, Ethernet is transforming the vehicle: Ethernet penetration in new vehicles will grow from 1 percent in 2014 to 40 percent in 2020 according to ABI research. Delphi's advanced Ethernet Connectivity enables vehicle systems to communicate and share information at a speed of 100 megabits per second. Delphi offers a robust, cost-effective solution for Ethernet integration into the vehicle wiring architecture.
- Latest integrated infotainment display for commercial vehicles delivers critical information to drivers with maximum safety: Delphi will show the European market the new DEA600 smart display that integrates numerous leading-edge technologies with robust design elements. It combines traditional radio functionalities with modern connectivity options and internet access. This unique integrated display for commercial vehicles is one of the first of its kind to use the Android operating system.
- Reconfigurable clusters to minimize driver distraction: As truck drivers have access to increasing amounts of information while on the road, driver distraction is a growing concern. Delphi offers full-color, high-resolution and entirely reconfigurable vehicle cockpit instrument panel displays that help create a safer driving experience. The system displays key driver information within 20º field-of-view and uses photorealistic 3D graphics.
- Wireless device charging provides convenience, safer driving experience: Commercial vehicles rely on a number of mobile devices to communicate between drivers and to manage fleets, as well as to entertain, inform and keep drivers safe on their journey. Delphi’s wireless device charging eliminates multiple charging cords in the vehicle cabin and replaces them with an automatic, safe and convenient charging system. Delphi developed a multi-mode system that is compliant with latest charging standards, including the highly resonant technology to cover a full range of consumer devices.
- Enhanced range of high voltage connection systems to meet the robust requirements of commercial vehicles: Delphi will show a new range of high voltage connectors and accessories that has been developed to handle high vibrations in harsh environments.
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a leading global supplier of technologies for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Delphi operates major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 32 countries, with regional headquarters in Bascharage, Luxembourg; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Shanghai, China and Troy, Michigan, U.S. Delphi delivers innovation for the real world with technologies that make cars and trucks safer as well as more powerful, efficient and connected. Visit www.delphi.com.
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,259
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,759
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,530
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,460
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,481
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,496
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,804
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,611
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 990
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,512
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,384
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,355
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,716