|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
WASHINGTON, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th annual mHealth Summit and Expo will convene domestic and international thought leaders in healthcare, technology and industry, government officials, researchers, advocates and investors to advance the use of mobile and connected health and its integration into healthcare delivery. From December 7-11, the Summit will put a spotlight on disruptive innovation, evidence, research, trends, opportunities and big ideas shaping an emerging global shift in healthcare that puts consumers at the center and makes health and wellness an engaging part of everyday life. Mobile and connected health holds the potential for transforming the future of care delivery on personal and population health levels.
mHealth Summit is part of the newly formed Personal Connected Health Alliance, an international non-profit established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health.
WHAT: 6th Annual mHealth Summit and Expo
WHEN: December 7-11, 2014
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Washington, DC area
Four days of renowned speakers, provocative presentations and interactive sessions, Keynotes and events on the exhibit floor will demonstrate how mhealth is beginning to deliver healthcare – at the right time and the right place – and holds the potential to reduce costs and improve outcomes. The Summit will tackle real-world strategies, success stories, challenges and innovations in mhealth, including special sessions and co-located events:
- A jam-packed general program provides the broadest and deepest coverage of topics ranging from wellness, fitness and disease management strategies for healthcare providers, payers and consumers to population health and clinical trials and patient engagement programs for pharma companies. Sessions will also cover regulation, public health, investment in startups and early stage companies, privacy and security, innovation and hot technologies.
- Global mHealth Forum: A Collaboration for Game-Changing Global Health Innovation – This two-day, co-located event, presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID, will focus on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Advancements in the Intelligent Medical Home (IMH): The Leaders' Perspectives – An interactive IMH on the exhibit floor will be paired with a program that examines how advances in mobile devices and apps, wearables, ambient sensing and remote monitoring are enabling aging in place. It will also cover clinical workflow, data integration, ROI and outcomes measures, interoperability, technology selection, and new business models and partnerships.
- Exploring Wearable Technology in Healthcare: Google Glass and Beyond – These technologies hold the potential to be game-changers. Explore developing trends, new products, case studies, technical standards and more.
- Games for Health Day – Gamification and gaming are new tools for consumer engagement. Sessions and demonstrations will highlight the latest developments and opportunities.
- Games for Health University – This is an opportunity to explore what makes a game for health successful -- from development to deployment, including key technology platforms, game design elements, development costs and other critical issues.
- Privacy and Security Symposium – Highlighting BYOD and mobile device management issues, including hacking into healthcare, physician perspectives on mHealth privacy and security, federal/regulatory updates from the FDA, OCR and ONC, and a patient/consumer panel.
- NIH mHealth Training Institute – Providing behavioral and social scientists with tools to successfully leverage mhealth technologies, with mentorship from leaders in the fields of engineering, medicine and the behavioral and social sciences.
- WIPJam @mHealth Summit: Mobile Development – The Wireless Industry Partnership is at the center of building developer programs and communities around mobile throughout the world. At this event, learn how to make a successful app including platforms, APIs, monetization, gamification, social media and location-based technologies.
- M2M Now Money Talks – Clinicians, payers, solution vendors, wireless network operators and business analysts will discuss two vital commercial components of mHealth: monetizing an mHealth strategy and improving patient outcomes.
About the mHealth Summit
The 2014 mHealth Summit, the global convener of the expanding mobile health ecosystem, explores the disruptions, challenges and opportunities of the integration of mobile and wireless technologies into the healthcare system, and in consumer and patient engagement, for the delivery of better health outcomes. The 6th Annual mHealth Summit will take place December 7-11, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
Focusing on four fundamental platforms – technology, business, research and policy – the mHealth Summit is presented by HIMSS, in partnership with Continua, the Foundation for the NIH and the mHealth Working Group. mHealth Summit is part of the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA), an international non-profit organization established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health. Visit the mHealth Summit for more information; and follow at @mhealthsummit or #mHealth14.
SOURCE mHealth Summit
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,879
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 295
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 346
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 938
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,715
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 940
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,811
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,841
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,247
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,966
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 372
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,310
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 292
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,077
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 8, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,090