|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
WASHINGTON, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th annual mHealth Summit and Expo will convene domestic and international thought leaders in healthcare, technology and industry, government officials, researchers, advocates and investors to advance the use of mobile and connected health and its integration into healthcare delivery. From December 7-11, the Summit will put a spotlight on disruptive innovation, evidence, research, trends, opportunities and big ideas shaping an emerging global shift in healthcare that puts consumers at the center and makes health and wellness an engaging part of everyday life. Mobile and connected health holds the potential for transforming the future of care delivery on personal and population health levels.
mHealth Summit is part of the newly formed Personal Connected Health Alliance, an international non-profit established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health.
WHAT: 6th Annual mHealth Summit and Expo
WHEN: December 7-11, 2014
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Washington, DC area
Four days of renowned speakers, provocative presentations and interactive sessions, Keynotes and events on the exhibit floor will demonstrate how mhealth is beginning to deliver healthcare – at the right time and the right place – and holds the potential to reduce costs and improve outcomes. The Summit will tackle real-world strategies, success stories, challenges and innovations in mhealth, including special sessions and co-located events:
- A jam-packed general program provides the broadest and deepest coverage of topics ranging from wellness, fitness and disease management strategies for healthcare providers, payers and consumers to population health and clinical trials and patient engagement programs for pharma companies. Sessions will also cover regulation, public health, investment in startups and early stage companies, privacy and security, innovation and hot technologies.
- Global mHealth Forum: A Collaboration for Game-Changing Global Health Innovation – This two-day, co-located event, presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID, will focus on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Advancements in the Intelligent Medical Home (IMH): The Leaders' Perspectives – An interactive IMH on the exhibit floor will be paired with a program that examines how advances in mobile devices and apps, wearables, ambient sensing and remote monitoring are enabling aging in place. It will also cover clinical workflow, data integration, ROI and outcomes measures, interoperability, technology selection, and new business models and partnerships.
- Exploring Wearable Technology in Healthcare: Google Glass and Beyond – These technologies hold the potential to be game-changers. Explore developing trends, new products, case studies, technical standards and more.
- Games for Health Day – Gamification and gaming are new tools for consumer engagement. Sessions and demonstrations will highlight the latest developments and opportunities.
- Games for Health University – This is an opportunity to explore what makes a game for health successful -- from development to deployment, including key technology platforms, game design elements, development costs and other critical issues.
- Privacy and Security Symposium – Highlighting BYOD and mobile device management issues, including hacking into healthcare, physician perspectives on mHealth privacy and security, federal/regulatory updates from the FDA, OCR and ONC, and a patient/consumer panel.
- NIH mHealth Training Institute – Providing behavioral and social scientists with tools to successfully leverage mhealth technologies, with mentorship from leaders in the fields of engineering, medicine and the behavioral and social sciences.
- WIPJam @mHealth Summit: Mobile Development – The Wireless Industry Partnership is at the center of building developer programs and communities around mobile throughout the world. At this event, learn how to make a successful app including platforms, APIs, monetization, gamification, social media and location-based technologies.
- M2M Now Money Talks – Clinicians, payers, solution vendors, wireless network operators and business analysts will discuss two vital commercial components of mHealth: monetizing an mHealth strategy and improving patient outcomes.
About the mHealth Summit
The 2014 mHealth Summit, the global convener of the expanding mobile health ecosystem, explores the disruptions, challenges and opportunities of the integration of mobile and wireless technologies into the healthcare system, and in consumer and patient engagement, for the delivery of better health outcomes. The 6th Annual mHealth Summit will take place December 7-11, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
Focusing on four fundamental platforms – technology, business, research and policy – the mHealth Summit is presented by HIMSS, in partnership with Continua, the Foundation for the NIH and the mHealth Working Group. mHealth Summit is part of the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA), an international non-profit organization established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health. Visit the mHealth Summit for more information; and follow at @mhealthsummit or #mHealth14.
SOURCE mHealth Summit
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 663
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 1, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 159
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 484
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 519
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 456
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 184
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 215
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 317
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 394
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 141
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 191
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 315
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 790