|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
WASHINGTON, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th annual mHealth Summit and Expo will convene domestic and international thought leaders in healthcare, technology and industry, government officials, researchers, advocates and investors to advance the use of mobile and connected health and its integration into healthcare delivery. From December 7-11, the Summit will put a spotlight on disruptive innovation, evidence, research, trends, opportunities and big ideas shaping an emerging global shift in healthcare that puts consumers at the center and makes health and wellness an engaging part of everyday life. Mobile and connected health holds the potential for transforming the future of care delivery on personal and population health levels.
mHealth Summit is part of the newly formed Personal Connected Health Alliance, an international non-profit established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health.
WHAT: 6th Annual mHealth Summit and Expo
WHEN: December 7-11, 2014
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Washington, DC area
Four days of renowned speakers, provocative presentations and interactive sessions, Keynotes and events on the exhibit floor will demonstrate how mhealth is beginning to deliver healthcare – at the right time and the right place – and holds the potential to reduce costs and improve outcomes. The Summit will tackle real-world strategies, success stories, challenges and innovations in mhealth, including special sessions and co-located events:
- A jam-packed general program provides the broadest and deepest coverage of topics ranging from wellness, fitness and disease management strategies for healthcare providers, payers and consumers to population health and clinical trials and patient engagement programs for pharma companies. Sessions will also cover regulation, public health, investment in startups and early stage companies, privacy and security, innovation and hot technologies.
- Global mHealth Forum: A Collaboration for Game-Changing Global Health Innovation – This two-day, co-located event, presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID, will focus on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Advancements in the Intelligent Medical Home (IMH): The Leaders' Perspectives – An interactive IMH on the exhibit floor will be paired with a program that examines how advances in mobile devices and apps, wearables, ambient sensing and remote monitoring are enabling aging in place. It will also cover clinical workflow, data integration, ROI and outcomes measures, interoperability, technology selection, and new business models and partnerships.
- Exploring Wearable Technology in Healthcare: Google Glass and Beyond – These technologies hold the potential to be game-changers. Explore developing trends, new products, case studies, technical standards and more.
- Games for Health Day – Gamification and gaming are new tools for consumer engagement. Sessions and demonstrations will highlight the latest developments and opportunities.
- Games for Health University – This is an opportunity to explore what makes a game for health successful -- from development to deployment, including key technology platforms, game design elements, development costs and other critical issues.
- Privacy and Security Symposium – Highlighting BYOD and mobile device management issues, including hacking into healthcare, physician perspectives on mHealth privacy and security, federal/regulatory updates from the FDA, OCR and ONC, and a patient/consumer panel.
- NIH mHealth Training Institute – Providing behavioral and social scientists with tools to successfully leverage mhealth technologies, with mentorship from leaders in the fields of engineering, medicine and the behavioral and social sciences.
- WIPJam @mHealth Summit: Mobile Development – The Wireless Industry Partnership is at the center of building developer programs and communities around mobile throughout the world. At this event, learn how to make a successful app including platforms, APIs, monetization, gamification, social media and location-based technologies.
- M2M Now Money Talks – Clinicians, payers, solution vendors, wireless network operators and business analysts will discuss two vital commercial components of mHealth: monetizing an mHealth strategy and improving patient outcomes.
About the mHealth Summit
The 2014 mHealth Summit, the global convener of the expanding mobile health ecosystem, explores the disruptions, challenges and opportunities of the integration of mobile and wireless technologies into the healthcare system, and in consumer and patient engagement, for the delivery of better health outcomes. The 6th Annual mHealth Summit will take place December 7-11, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
Focusing on four fundamental platforms – technology, business, research and policy – the mHealth Summit is presented by HIMSS, in partnership with Continua, the Foundation for the NIH and the mHealth Working Group. mHealth Summit is part of the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA), an international non-profit organization established by Continua, mHealth Summit and HIMSS to represent the consumer voice in personal connected health. Visit the mHealth Summit for more information; and follow at @mhealthsummit or #mHealth14.
SOURCE mHealth Summit
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 2, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 335
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 805
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 402
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Sep. 2, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 548
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 482
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 246
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 2, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 426
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 608
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 522
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 452
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 698
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 2, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 484
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 400
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 512
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Sep. 1, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 277