|By Marketwired .||
|August 12, 2014 01:54 PM EDT||
COSTA MESA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/12/14 -- 1,337,167 Fairgoers proved that "Summer Starts Here" at the OC Fair. The 2014 OC Fair featured 23 days (July 11-August 10) of food, rides, exhibits, animals, music, action sports and fun. Here are some fun facts about the 2014 OC Fair:
Food at the 2014 OC Fair
- Biggy's Meat Market dished out more than 5,000 pounds of its new gluten-free fries and 450 new gluten-free burgers.
- Chicken Charlie used 40,000 pounds of vegetable oil to fry up Doritos, Oreos, frog legs, zucchini strings and 5,000 pounds worth of chicken skin.
- Tasti Chips served up 30 tons of California-grown potatoes to Fairgoers, whose No. 1 topping choice was Jalapeno Cheese.
- Bacon A-Fair had Fairgoers porking out with 20,000 pounds of bacon which included 30,000 of the new Deep-Fried, Bacon-Wrapped Jack Daniels Churro, using 99 bottles of 1.75-liter Jack Daniels bottles.
- Grantburgers sold 1,290 of its award-winning Chile Relleno Burgers stacked with a fried chile relleno, hamburger patty, spicy chorizo patty, jalapeno jam, avocado, tomato and cheese in a soft pretzel bun.
- Terri's Berries dipped more than a 2,300 marshmallows in chocolate in addition to lots of fresh fruit and other chocolate-covered treats.
- Old West Cinnamon Rolls in the Carnival of Products rolled up more than 3,300 feet of warm cinnamon rolls while the Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls in the Livestock Area poured more than 1,400 pounds of sweet cream cheese frosting over their rolls.
- The Orange County Wine Society had the wine flowing in The Wine Courtyard with more than 34,800 glasses of award-winning chardonnays, pinots, merlots, cabernets and more served to Fairgoers.
- Texas Donuts offered their warm, soft donuts almost any way a Fairgoer might want it and they liked it, consuming 9,000 Maple Bacon, 1,800 Pop Rocks, 1,710 Reese's and 1,350 Banana Chocolate Cream donuts.
Savings at the 2014 OC Fair
- More than 446,800 Fairgoers got into the Fair for free or at a discount through the numerous special days, donation drives and coupons offered this year.
- The number of annual season passes to the Fair, Super Pass, increased by 11% this year with 13,875 passes purchased by avid Fairgoers.
- On the four We Care Wednesday donation drives, 67,281 participants donated more than 42 tons of canned food, 55,300 children's books, 39,400 pounds of clothing and 160,000 school supplies.
- The OC Fair Express ridership was up 31 percent with more than 76,900 Fairgoers opting to leave their cars at the OCTA transit station for direct bus service to the Fair.
Fun at the 2014 OC Fair
- Toyota Summer Concert Series in the Pacific Amphitheatre was highlighted by sell-out nights with The Offspring / Adolescents, Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo / Berlin / Madasen McGrath, Little Big Town / Sara Haze, Billy Currington / Lucy Hale and Lynyrd Skynyrd / Jeremiah Red plus two sold-out nights of Rebelution / Iration / The Green.
- The Hangar at the OC Fair offered wallet-friendly live entertainment that drew sold-out crowds for Journey Unauthorized - A Tribute to the Music of Journey, Zeppelin Live - A Live Rock Tribute to Led Zeppelin, The English Beat / The Debonaires, Strangelove - The Ultimate Tribute to Depeche Mode, Hotel California - A Salute to the Eagles, Rumours - The Ultimate Fleetwood Mac Tribute Show, Common Kings / Tini Grey, Queen Nation - A Tribute to the Music of Queen, Dead Man's Party - The Oingo Boingo Tribute and Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez.
- Action Sports Arena at the OC Fair welcomed standing-room-only crowds at all five nights of demolition derby (Orange Crush, Motor Home and Damsels of Destruction).
- In the Carnival, 60,000 daredevils came on Wednesdays and Thursdays for the $30 Unlimited Ride Wristband special. Throughout the run of Fair, the top rides were La Grande Wheel, Sky Ride, Crazy Coaster, Wild River and Rave Wave. 435,000 colorful and furry plushes were carried out under arms, on shoulders and even on top of heads. The Despicable Me minions and unicorn were the most requested prize by skilled Fairgoers.
- It was a gobblin' good time the last week of the Fair as the new Wild West Turkey Stampede thrilled Fairgoers with its hilarious mix of agricultural education and entertainment. The feathered stars of the show raced around the small track after the tasty kernels in the remote-controlled Big Red truck to sold out crowds through their 5-day appearance.
Exhibits & Competitive Spirit at the 2014 OC Fair
- More than 10,000 award ribbons were won by Fairgoers for baking, photography, painting, woodworking, quilting, gardening, livestock and on-the-spot contests. This year the Fair offered 2,054 unique competitions for a Fairgoer to showcase their talent.
- More than 7,800 feet of table covers and 28,200 feet of drapery were used for competition galleries, shopping halls and more throughout the Fair.
- In the Visual Arts Gallery, more than 487 halogen lights and nearly 400 walls were used to display award-winning artwork.
- The Garden & Floral competition saw nearly 1,000 tomatoes entered this year which could make nearly 40 bottles of ketchup plus a 300-pound pumpkin which could make 100 pumpkin pies.
- In the Special Culinary Contests held on Saturdays, Fairgoers entered 260 cupcakes, 63 bowls of chili, 35 chicken wings and 95 salsas to be judged in the only live culinary arts competitions.
- The 60 entries in the Table-Settings Competition featured 300 individual and correctly placed pieces of silverware.
- In the annual Jr. Livestock Auction held on July 19, youth competitors earned more than $255,000 in auction sales and add-ons.
- In the new Bakeology exhibit, Blackmarket Bakery used more than 230 pounds of sugar and flour and 360 eggs for their daily demonstration.
- More than 1,650 pounds of watermelon were scarfed down for an award ribbon during a free nightly eating contest.
- The most common entry in the Collections competition was watches and clocks while the strangest was a collection of found papers include notes, lists and flyers found in random places.
- 343 arthropods called the Explorium tent home as part of the new The Good, The Bad & The Unbelievable exhibit.
Memories at the 2014 OC Fair
- The Centennial Farm welcomed 19 piglets this year.
- Some 5,600 individual dancers, singers, comedians and performers had a moment to shine on one of the Fair's free community entertainment stages.
- The National Anthem was proudly sung 35 times during the run of the Fair.
- More than 3.5 tons of clay were molded into beautiful bowls, cups and more during the daily free ceramics demonstrations in Crafters Village.
- More than 4,300 Fairgoers willingly took a seat in the Pitchburst activity in the Explorium area, only to be drenched by water balloons.
- This year the OC Fair offered Fairgoers two new Fair Foodies to take home as soft toys and Fairgoers snatched up all the supplies of Slim the Bacon within the first three weeks of Fair.
The OC Fair is held annual at the OC Fair & Event Center, which is home to more than 100 events throughout the year. The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/OCFair, follow us at twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2656202
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 31, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 948
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
May. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,994
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,303
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
May. 31, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,189
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
May. 31, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 31, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 864
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 31, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 31, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 912
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 31, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,130
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 31, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 31, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,398
How will your company move to the cloud while ensuring a solid security posture? Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is ...
May. 31, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 945
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hanu Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Leveraging best-in-class people, processes, and technologies, Hanu provides high-quality, high-value software development and business process outsourcing services to independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises.
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,515
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,506
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,624