|By PR Newswire||
|August 13, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Brand hosts Dodge Rock City at 13 Mile and Woodward Ave. in Royal Oak, Mich., this weekend with live bands; special appearances by Richard Rawlings from Dallas' Gas Monkey Garage and Discovery Channel's 'Fast N' Loud' TV show; local radio personalities and more
- Rawlings cruises Woodward Friday, Aug. 15 and Saturday, Aug. 16 in a Sublime 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat handing out free limited-edition HEMI® Hellcat/Gas Monkey Garage t-shirts
- Play your mobile Hellcat ringtone for Rawlings (downloadable at www.driveSRT.com/hellcatringtone or iTunes store) and receive an autographed t-shirt
- Hear the roar of the new 707 horsepower 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat and 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, the most powerful and fastest sedan and muscle cars everMeet WRIF radio personalities, pick-up free WRIF and Dodge merchandise, and register to win a VIP Motley Crue Concert Fly Away package
Dodge will rock Woodward Avenue Saturday, Aug. 16, with a powerful lineup of classic and new muscle cars, live local bands, giveaways, WRIF radio personalities and special appearances from Richard Rawlings of Dallas' Gas Monkey Garage and the Discovery Channel's "Fast N' Loud" TV show.
Fans checking out Dodge Rock City at 13 Mile and Woodward Ave. will see for the very first-time the new 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat – the fastest, most powerful sedan in the world, with an NHRA-certified quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.0 seconds – and the recently introduced 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, the fastest and most powerful muscle car ever. Both have a 707 horsepower, 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI® V-8 engine.
"From the excitement of hearing the roar of the 707 horsepower Dodge SRT Hellcat Charger and Challenger, the most powerful vehicles on the planet, to the live bands and Richard Rawlings cruising Woodward handing out free limited edition t-shirts, Dodge Rock City will be the place to be this weekend," said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge and SRT Brands, Chrysler Group LLC. "This may be the first year the Dodge SRT Hellcats cruise Woodward, but it definitely won't be the last, as they are destined to be the among the most exciting, coveted classic cars in years to come."
Rawlings will cruise Woodward Ave. Friday, Aug. 15, and Saturday, Aug. 16, in a Sublime 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat giving away limited-edition HEMI Hellcat/Gas Monkey Garage t-shirts. Fans who download the Hellcat ringtone at www.driveSRT.com/hellcatringtone, or from the iTunes store, and play it for Rawlings on their mobile devices will get their shirts autographed.
The special-edition t-shirt is sure to be a collector's item as it is the first time the Gas Monkey Garage and Hellcat logos appear together and the first time the trademark logo heads appear with full bodies.
Dodge Rock City, at the southwest corner of 13 Mile and Woodward Ave. in Royal Oak, Mich., includes:
- Debut of the newly introduced 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat and Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat vehicles -- the fastest and most powerful sedan and muscle cars ever
- Display of classic and new Dodge and SRT vehicles, including the new 2015 Charger, 2015 Charger Pursuit police car, Dodge Viper, Dart, Durango and Journey
- Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage and the "Fast N' Loud" TV show cruising Woodward Ave. Friday and Saturday in a Sublime 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat handing out free special-edition HEMI Hellcat/Gas Monkey Garage t-shirts. Rawlings is also appearing at the Dodge display on Saturday handing out additional merchandise
- Live bands rocking out all day -- Rockstar, The Phoenix Theory and Free Beer
- Dodge brand merchandise for sale along with games and giveaways
- Special appearances by WRIF on-air personalities, including Ashley the WRIF Rock Girl. WRIF is handing out WRIF swag and chatting about Dodge Rock City all day Saturday
- Fans can register to win a VIP Motley Crue Concert Fly Away package at the WRIF tent
- Photo opportunities with Scat Pack and Hellcat girls
- The new 2015 Dodge Challenger race simulater where you can test your track time and try to beat other competitors
- Dodge muscle car expert Steve Magnante cruising Woodward Avenue in a Billet Silver Metallic 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Car enthusiasts beginning their cruise weekend early can check out the Viper Club Car Show from 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14 – featuring more than 60 Vipers and 120 Motor City Viper Club Car members – and the Dodge Night Car Show from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15 – hosting more than 100 Dodge Chargers and Challengers, and 200 Scat Pack Forum members. Both events take place at Dodge Rock City at 13 Mile and Woodward.
The Dodge brand is tearing into its centennial year as America's mainstream performance brand, celebrating its 100th anniversary on July 1, 2014. With the purification of the brand and consolidation with SRT, Dodge is getting back to its performance roots with every single model it offers. The consolidated Dodge and SRT brands will offer a complete lineup of performance vehicles that stand out within their own segments. Dodge will be the "mainstream performance" brand within the Chrysler showroom. SRT will be positioned as the "ultimate performance" halo of the Dodge brand, together creating a complete and balanced performance brand with one vision and one voice.
From muscle cars to compact cars, minivans, crossovers and full-size SUVs, the Dodge brand's full lineup of 2015 models deliver best-in-class horsepower, class-exclusive technology, unmatched capability and a slew of cool features, such as LED headlamps, Dodge signature racetrack tail lamps, dual exhaust, 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment centers and 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable gauge clusters, to name a few. For the 2015 model year, customers will be able to drive the new 2015 Dodge Charger and Challenger, as well as the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. The Dodge brand lineup also includes the 2015 Dodge Dart, Durango, Grand Caravan and Journey, including the new Crossroad model, and Dodge Viper SRT.
Follow Dodge, SRT and Chrysler Group news and video on:
Chrysler On Demand (COD): www.chryslerondemand.com
Company blog: blog.chryslergroupllc.com
Company website: www.chryslergroupllc.com
Dodge brand: www.dodge.com
Dodge blog: blog.dodge.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dodge or www.facebook.com/ChryslerGroup
Flickr: www.flickr.com/dodgeautos or www.flickr.com/chryslergroup
Media website: www.media.chrysler.com
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/dodgeofficial or www.pinterest.com/chryslergroup
Instagram: www.instagram.com/dodgeofficial or www.instagram.com/chryslergroup
Twitter: www.twitter.com/dodge or www.twitter.com/chrysler
YouTube: www.youtube.com/dodge or www.youtube.com/pentastarvideo
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,852
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,742
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 292
Aug. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,470
Aug. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,716
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 293
Aug. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,770
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 307
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,482
Aug. 23, 2016 01:49 PM EDT Reads: 200
Aug. 23, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,391
Aug. 23, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,695
Aug. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,981
Aug. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,355
Aug. 23, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,305