|By Business Wire||
|August 14, 2014 10:01 AM EDT||
Simple Medical Software Inc. (SMSI) has developed SimpleRounds®, a mobile medical platform that allows medical practitioners to centralize healthcare communication at the patient level, which is essential for healthcare providers to collaborate on patient care and significantly reduce miscommunications that result in medical errors.
The mobile medical platform offers six first-rate features, which include:
- Secure messaging: Allows full texting with members of the healthcare team and providers across different settings (hospice, nursing facilities, hospitals, etc.) while remaining fully HIPAA compliant.
- Billing manager: Error-free billing solution allows doctors to send their billing staff pertinent information, pictures, memos and to communicate with them while remaining compliant, all this from the patient’s bedside.
- Rounds manager: Easy-to-use task manager for inpatient hospital visits lets doctors add notes, memos & set-up shared reminders for important tasks.
- Sign-out manager: Transfer all of a doctor’s patients when away, along with any pending tasks to the covering provider in less than one minute.
- Patient census: Organized cloud-based list of a doctor’s patient census. Patient details can be easily transferred between providers.
- Physician directory: Quick access to information from physicians within your practice or a local area.
SimpleRounds was first developed by Dr. Manuel Martinez, physician and a medical director for the Gonzaba Medical Group, who found a need for secured communication in regards to sharing and reading patient information in his own daily practice. Dr. Martinez sought out the expertise of Rubén Zamorano, lead executive and founder at Simple Medical Software Inc. Zamorano brings experience as co-founder and President of Diabetica Solutions (formerly known as Xilas Medical Inc.), Vice-President of LifeQuest Medical (Nasdaq: LQMD) and has served as founder and other key roles in various biomedical startups.
Philip G. Trent, Vice-President of sales and marketing, comes to Simple Medical Software Inc. after working at InVentiv Health (NASDAQ:VTIV), a multi-service company in ethical pharmaceutical sales, where he served as a turnaround strategist. Completing the team is José Luis Bravo, Vice-President of business development and an entrepreneur with experience in international business.
ABOUT THE APP:
The app is free to download for iOS7 and Android 4.0 and is available currently in the United States. The basic plan is offered at no cost to those users who will text from their smartphone only. Integration with the office or Answering service costs $80 per month per provider and can range up to $180 per month per provider for the optional inclusion of the billing functions.
ABOUT SIMPLE ROUNDS
SimpleRounds is revolutionizing secure, HIPAA-compliant communication among physicians. Using a patent pending method to share patient information, SimpleRounds is cloud-based thus minimizing tedious data entry, and keeps a secure, HIPAA-compliant database of patients that can be easily shared with other physicians involved in patient care. SimpleRounds will simplify physicians‘ daily workflow by allowing them to securely text with colleagues, keep and share inpatient census lists, facilitate on-call duties and simplify billing.
For more information, please visit: www.SimpleRounds.com
To tweet this news, copy and paste “Simple Medical Software Inc. launches newest medical app, @SimpleRounds for apple iOS and Android” to your Twitter handle with the hashtag #simplerounds
Jul. 7, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,466
Jul. 7, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,147
Jul. 7, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,132
Jul. 7, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 897
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,623
Jul. 7, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,660
Jul. 7, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,506
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,310
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,498
Jul. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,280
Jul. 7, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,744
Jul. 7, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 816
Jul. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,979
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,423
Jul. 7, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 999