|By PR Newswire||
|August 14, 2014 12:44 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Medical Economics reports that, in the 1930s, a full 40% of patient treatment took place in the home. Since those days, the comfort of home care from an expert physician has become increasingly rare, but there are signs that house call doctors are beginning to make a substantial comeback. Data from Medicare Part B billings shows that the number of house calls increased from 1.4 million in 1999 to 2.3 million in 2009, due in large part to the growing number of seniors in the US, and their unique healthcare needs.
There are a number of good reasons for this trend. Below is a list of 5 top ways senior can benefit from home visit doctors:
- Avoid Dangerous Traffic – Board-certified internist Dr. Michael Farzam began House Call Doctor Los Angeles, a medical services exclusively devoted to out-of-office medical care, because he understands that many people find traveling busy freeways to a medical facility very challenging – particularly when they're already feeling ill. While the L.A. area is especially notorious for its traffic, this is obviously a nationwide concern.
- Care When you Need it – This type of services tends to be more responsive. For example, in most cases, a specialist from House Call Doctor Los Angeles will arrive at a patient's location within an hour or less from a patient's call, 24 hours a day – even on weekends and holidays. Dr. Farzam can even offer telephone medicine to his patients for situations that require an immediate response.
- Safety from Germs – Perhaps the most frustrating aspect of traditional medical facilities is that when you arrive, you often have to sit in a crowded waiting room with people suffering from various illnesses. A house call doctor allows you to stay in the clean, privacy and comfort of your home, far away from most contagions.
- Eco-Friendly Medicine – As we get older, it's not unusual to start thinking about the effect we have on the planet at large. House Call Doctor Los Angeles can lower your carbon footprint by cutting down on driving to and from a doctor's office and pharmacy. Since it is not an office-based practice, it also involves little consumption of utilities like electricity, gas, water, traditional office supplies, and electronics.
- Cost-Effective Healthcare – Many older people find themselves on a fixed income. That's why House Call Doctor Los Angeles offers medical service with fees that are competitive with those charged by area physicians who treat patients in traditional medical offices. For those who are currently uninsured or don't have access to a physician, their medical service is actually often the most affordable option.
By 2030, a full 70 million of people will be aged 65 years or greater. Fortunately, the growing number of seniors, and those of any age in need of house call or mobile medicine, will benefit from pioneering house call medicine from innovative physicians like Dr. Michael Farzam at House Call Doctor Los Angeles. For further information regarding house call medicine from Dr. Farzam and his outstanding medical team, please call 310-849-7991 or visit www.housecalldoctorla.com.
PR Submitted by www.Cyberset.com
SOURCE House Call Doctor Los Angeles
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 11:47 AM EST
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,012
"We analyze the video streaming experience. We are gathering the user behavior in real time from the user devices and we analyze how users experience the video streaming," explained Eric Kim, Founder and CEO at Streamlyzer, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 444
Dec. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 634
Dec. 7, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,279
Dec. 7, 2016 11:01 AM EST Reads: 125
Dec. 7, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 971
Dec. 7, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 961
Dec. 7, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 270
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,700
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 918
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,480
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,132
Dec. 7, 2016 10:03 AM EST Reads: 255
Dec. 7, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 387