|By PR Newswire||
|August 14, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Inergetics, Inc. (OTCBB: NRTI), a leading developer of a diverse range of best-in-class nutraceuticals, today filed its 10Q for the second quarter ending June 30, 2014.
- Total revenues generated from the sales of Martha Stewart™ Essentials, Surgex® Sports Nutrition, Bikini Ready®, SlimTrim™, and Private Label product lines for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 totaled $523,615, an increase of 685% from the quarter ended June 30, 2013 which totaled $66,667.
- Gross profit for the quarter amounted to $213,178 for a 41% gross margin. Gross profit increased $196,986 or 1,217% for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to $16,192 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- After research and development cost and selling, general and administrative expenses of $1,564,032, an operating loss of $1,350,854 was realized for the quarter. Operating losses increased $500,259 compared to the first quarter of 2013. The majority of the increase was due to the increase in royalty payments and promotion and marketing costs to support the retail launch of certain products.
- The net result for the quarter was a loss of $1,564,212 or $0.02 per share, including a preferred dividend on the Series G stock in the amount of $321,525, compared to a loss of $1,234,697 or $0.02 per share for the second quarter of 2013. The net loss increased by $329,515 compared to the second quarter of 2013, primarily due to an increase in selling, general and administrative expenses associated with the expansion of the company's product lines as well as increased interest expense associated with additional debt outstanding.
"Inergetics continues to mark significant progress in building a world-class nutraceuticals company whose innovative products address a range of consumer needs," said Mike James, CEO. "Our focus on increasing the U.S. and international wholesale and retail distribution as well as the overall sales ramp for our growing portfolio of vitamins, supplements and consumer products is gaining stronger momentum across the business. At the same time, we continue to invest in future growth through improved supply chain infrastructure, brand development and new products, including the development of a line of next generation natural cannabidiol-based (CBD) supplements that we expect to bring to market in 2015."
Key developments in the quarter
- Multiple Product Launches: Launched new products into distribution including: Martha Stewart Essentials Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies; Bikini Ready Energy Gummies; new and improved SlimTrim formulation, private label Muscle Maker Grill shake flavors and acquired the assets of OmEssentials®, a scientifically advanced line of supplements that increase overall mind and body wellness.
- Expanded Distribution: Announced that Walgreens and other national food, drug, specialty and online retailers added Martha Stewart Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies to their stores, increasing product line distribution to a total of more than 17,000 retail stores. Since the end of the second quarter, Inergetics announced that Winn-Dixie will carry the Martha Stewart Essentials line of products beginning this month, complementing the Bikini Ready line already on the shelves of the chain's more than 700 stores.
- Significant Marketing Support: Continued Martha Stewart Essentials integrated marketing effort including aggressive FSIs drops and national print advertising. Launched Bikini Ready "Back2Body™" national advertising campaign featuring professional surfer, Christa Alves, which included a new Bikini Ready Lifestyle website of photos, videos and social media initiatives from Christa Alves and professional surfer spokeswoman, Anastasia Ashley.
- Continued Progress Toward Development of Natural CBD-Based Line of Nutritional Supplements: Inergetics continues to progress in research and development with its strategic partner, Terra Tech, towards the launch of their proprietary line of (CBD)-based supplements, which is expected in 2015.
- Convened Productive Initial Meeting of Scientific and Medical Advisory Board: The company completed the formation of this board, which continues to work closely with Inergetics' Chief Science Officer, Carl Germano, RD, CNS, CDN, to ensure that the new CBD-based supplements are the most medically effective, safest, and highest quality available to consumers.
- Expanded Senior Leadership Team: Named Chief Marketing Officer Jim Kras to the additional role of President, expanding his responsibilities to include the oversight of sales, distribution and other company initiatives to drive substantial value for shareholders.
Revenue is recognized upon shipment to various retail outlet customers when all performance obligations are met and collectability is reasonably assured. Upon shipment to specific retail customers with the right of return, Inergetics defers revenues as returns are not reasonably estimable. As of June 30, 2014 and December 31, 2013, deferred revenue totaled $1,075,182 and $1,269,470, respectively.
"The positive response we are receiving from Food, Drug, Mass, Health & Specialty retail outlets is a direct result of the superior product offerings we are bringing to market and the consumer demand they are generating," added Mr. James. "We are continuing to gain further traction for these best-in-class brands as we have already expanded distribution by nearly 2,000 doors in the first half of the third quarter alone. As market penetration grows deeper and broader across our established and new brands, my confidence in the management team's ability to sustain this trajectory remains steadfast."
Inergetics Media Contact
About Inergetics, Inc.
Inergetics' portfolio of brands includes: Martha Stewart™ Essentials, a complete line of whole-food-based supplements created specifically for women; Surgex ® Sports Nutrition, the preferred nutritional supplement of Army Sports; Bikini Ready ®, a leader in weight loss lifestyle solutions; SlimTrim, the affordable, premium value diet brand; and OmEssentials®, a line of scientifically advanced nutritional supplements designed to further the health and wellness of yoga practitioners and active individuals.
To learn more about Inergetics, visit www.inergetics.com, and the Inergetics brands' websites at: www.marthastewartessentials.com, www.surgexsports.com, www.surgexsportsblitz.com, www.slimtrim1.com, www.slimtrim.net, www.bikinireadylifestyle.com, www.kahunasands.com, www.omessentials.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, including, without limitation, those with respect to the objectives, plans and strategies of Inergetics set forth herein and those preceded by or that include the words "believes," "expects," "given," "targets," "intends," "anticipates," "plans," "projects," "forecasts," or similar expressions, are "forward-looking statements." Although Inergetics' management believes that such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee that such expectations are, or will be, correct. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, which could cause Inergetics' future results to differ materially from those anticipated. Inergetics assumes no obligation to update any of the information contained or referenced in this press release.
SOURCE Inergetics, Inc.
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 676
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 216
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,120
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 416
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 543
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 245
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 342
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 478
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 353
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 170
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 181
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 179
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334