|By PR Newswire||
|August 14, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Inergetics, Inc. (OTCBB: NRTI), a leading developer of a diverse range of best-in-class nutraceuticals, today filed its 10Q for the second quarter ending June 30, 2014.
- Total revenues generated from the sales of Martha Stewart™ Essentials, Surgex® Sports Nutrition, Bikini Ready®, SlimTrim™, and Private Label product lines for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 totaled $523,615, an increase of 685% from the quarter ended June 30, 2013 which totaled $66,667.
- Gross profit for the quarter amounted to $213,178 for a 41% gross margin. Gross profit increased $196,986 or 1,217% for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to $16,192 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- After research and development cost and selling, general and administrative expenses of $1,564,032, an operating loss of $1,350,854 was realized for the quarter. Operating losses increased $500,259 compared to the first quarter of 2013. The majority of the increase was due to the increase in royalty payments and promotion and marketing costs to support the retail launch of certain products.
- The net result for the quarter was a loss of $1,564,212 or $0.02 per share, including a preferred dividend on the Series G stock in the amount of $321,525, compared to a loss of $1,234,697 or $0.02 per share for the second quarter of 2013. The net loss increased by $329,515 compared to the second quarter of 2013, primarily due to an increase in selling, general and administrative expenses associated with the expansion of the company's product lines as well as increased interest expense associated with additional debt outstanding.
"Inergetics continues to mark significant progress in building a world-class nutraceuticals company whose innovative products address a range of consumer needs," said Mike James, CEO. "Our focus on increasing the U.S. and international wholesale and retail distribution as well as the overall sales ramp for our growing portfolio of vitamins, supplements and consumer products is gaining stronger momentum across the business. At the same time, we continue to invest in future growth through improved supply chain infrastructure, brand development and new products, including the development of a line of next generation natural cannabidiol-based (CBD) supplements that we expect to bring to market in 2015."
Key developments in the quarter
- Multiple Product Launches: Launched new products into distribution including: Martha Stewart Essentials Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies; Bikini Ready Energy Gummies; new and improved SlimTrim formulation, private label Muscle Maker Grill shake flavors and acquired the assets of OmEssentials®, a scientifically advanced line of supplements that increase overall mind and body wellness.
- Expanded Distribution: Announced that Walgreens and other national food, drug, specialty and online retailers added Martha Stewart Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies to their stores, increasing product line distribution to a total of more than 17,000 retail stores. Since the end of the second quarter, Inergetics announced that Winn-Dixie will carry the Martha Stewart Essentials line of products beginning this month, complementing the Bikini Ready line already on the shelves of the chain's more than 700 stores.
- Significant Marketing Support: Continued Martha Stewart Essentials integrated marketing effort including aggressive FSIs drops and national print advertising. Launched Bikini Ready "Back2Body™" national advertising campaign featuring professional surfer, Christa Alves, which included a new Bikini Ready Lifestyle website of photos, videos and social media initiatives from Christa Alves and professional surfer spokeswoman, Anastasia Ashley.
- Continued Progress Toward Development of Natural CBD-Based Line of Nutritional Supplements: Inergetics continues to progress in research and development with its strategic partner, Terra Tech, towards the launch of their proprietary line of (CBD)-based supplements, which is expected in 2015.
- Convened Productive Initial Meeting of Scientific and Medical Advisory Board: The company completed the formation of this board, which continues to work closely with Inergetics' Chief Science Officer, Carl Germano, RD, CNS, CDN, to ensure that the new CBD-based supplements are the most medically effective, safest, and highest quality available to consumers.
- Expanded Senior Leadership Team: Named Chief Marketing Officer Jim Kras to the additional role of President, expanding his responsibilities to include the oversight of sales, distribution and other company initiatives to drive substantial value for shareholders.
Revenue is recognized upon shipment to various retail outlet customers when all performance obligations are met and collectability is reasonably assured. Upon shipment to specific retail customers with the right of return, Inergetics defers revenues as returns are not reasonably estimable. As of June 30, 2014 and December 31, 2013, deferred revenue totaled $1,075,182 and $1,269,470, respectively.
"The positive response we are receiving from Food, Drug, Mass, Health & Specialty retail outlets is a direct result of the superior product offerings we are bringing to market and the consumer demand they are generating," added Mr. James. "We are continuing to gain further traction for these best-in-class brands as we have already expanded distribution by nearly 2,000 doors in the first half of the third quarter alone. As market penetration grows deeper and broader across our established and new brands, my confidence in the management team's ability to sustain this trajectory remains steadfast."
Inergetics Media Contact
About Inergetics, Inc.
Inergetics' portfolio of brands includes: Martha Stewart™ Essentials, a complete line of whole-food-based supplements created specifically for women; Surgex ® Sports Nutrition, the preferred nutritional supplement of Army Sports; Bikini Ready ®, a leader in weight loss lifestyle solutions; SlimTrim, the affordable, premium value diet brand; and OmEssentials®, a line of scientifically advanced nutritional supplements designed to further the health and wellness of yoga practitioners and active individuals.
To learn more about Inergetics, visit www.inergetics.com, and the Inergetics brands' websites at: www.marthastewartessentials.com, www.surgexsports.com, www.surgexsportsblitz.com, www.slimtrim1.com, www.slimtrim.net, www.bikinireadylifestyle.com, www.kahunasands.com, www.omessentials.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, including, without limitation, those with respect to the objectives, plans and strategies of Inergetics set forth herein and those preceded by or that include the words "believes," "expects," "given," "targets," "intends," "anticipates," "plans," "projects," "forecasts," or similar expressions, are "forward-looking statements." Although Inergetics' management believes that such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee that such expectations are, or will be, correct. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, which could cause Inergetics' future results to differ materially from those anticipated. Inergetics assumes no obligation to update any of the information contained or referenced in this press release.
SOURCE Inergetics, Inc.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Apr. 24, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 748
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 675
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,704
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 768
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 24, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,608
Blockchain is a shared, secure record of exchange that establishes trust, accountability and transparency across supply chain networks. Supported by the Linux Foundation's open source, open-standards based Hyperledger Project, Blockchain has the potential to improve regulatory compliance, reduce cost and time for product recall as well as advance trade. Are you curious about Blockchain and how it can provide you with new opportunities for innovation and growth? In her session at 20th Cloud Exp...
Apr. 24, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,637
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busin...
Apr. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 400
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 24, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,143
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 24, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,107
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 24, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,406
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 24, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 615
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 24, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 704
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 654
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,668