|By PR Newswire||
|August 14, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Inergetics, Inc. (OTCBB: NRTI), a leading developer of a diverse range of best-in-class nutraceuticals, today filed its 10Q for the second quarter ending June 30, 2014.
- Total revenues generated from the sales of Martha Stewart™ Essentials, Surgex® Sports Nutrition, Bikini Ready®, SlimTrim™, and Private Label product lines for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 totaled $523,615, an increase of 685% from the quarter ended June 30, 2013 which totaled $66,667.
- Gross profit for the quarter amounted to $213,178 for a 41% gross margin. Gross profit increased $196,986 or 1,217% for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to $16,192 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- After research and development cost and selling, general and administrative expenses of $1,564,032, an operating loss of $1,350,854 was realized for the quarter. Operating losses increased $500,259 compared to the first quarter of 2013. The majority of the increase was due to the increase in royalty payments and promotion and marketing costs to support the retail launch of certain products.
- The net result for the quarter was a loss of $1,564,212 or $0.02 per share, including a preferred dividend on the Series G stock in the amount of $321,525, compared to a loss of $1,234,697 or $0.02 per share for the second quarter of 2013. The net loss increased by $329,515 compared to the second quarter of 2013, primarily due to an increase in selling, general and administrative expenses associated with the expansion of the company's product lines as well as increased interest expense associated with additional debt outstanding.
"Inergetics continues to mark significant progress in building a world-class nutraceuticals company whose innovative products address a range of consumer needs," said Mike James, CEO. "Our focus on increasing the U.S. and international wholesale and retail distribution as well as the overall sales ramp for our growing portfolio of vitamins, supplements and consumer products is gaining stronger momentum across the business. At the same time, we continue to invest in future growth through improved supply chain infrastructure, brand development and new products, including the development of a line of next generation natural cannabidiol-based (CBD) supplements that we expect to bring to market in 2015."
Key developments in the quarter
- Multiple Product Launches: Launched new products into distribution including: Martha Stewart Essentials Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies; Bikini Ready Energy Gummies; new and improved SlimTrim formulation, private label Muscle Maker Grill shake flavors and acquired the assets of OmEssentials®, a scientifically advanced line of supplements that increase overall mind and body wellness.
- Expanded Distribution: Announced that Walgreens and other national food, drug, specialty and online retailers added Martha Stewart Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies to their stores, increasing product line distribution to a total of more than 17,000 retail stores. Since the end of the second quarter, Inergetics announced that Winn-Dixie will carry the Martha Stewart Essentials line of products beginning this month, complementing the Bikini Ready line already on the shelves of the chain's more than 700 stores.
- Significant Marketing Support: Continued Martha Stewart Essentials integrated marketing effort including aggressive FSIs drops and national print advertising. Launched Bikini Ready "Back2Body™" national advertising campaign featuring professional surfer, Christa Alves, which included a new Bikini Ready Lifestyle website of photos, videos and social media initiatives from Christa Alves and professional surfer spokeswoman, Anastasia Ashley.
- Continued Progress Toward Development of Natural CBD-Based Line of Nutritional Supplements: Inergetics continues to progress in research and development with its strategic partner, Terra Tech, towards the launch of their proprietary line of (CBD)-based supplements, which is expected in 2015.
- Convened Productive Initial Meeting of Scientific and Medical Advisory Board: The company completed the formation of this board, which continues to work closely with Inergetics' Chief Science Officer, Carl Germano, RD, CNS, CDN, to ensure that the new CBD-based supplements are the most medically effective, safest, and highest quality available to consumers.
- Expanded Senior Leadership Team: Named Chief Marketing Officer Jim Kras to the additional role of President, expanding his responsibilities to include the oversight of sales, distribution and other company initiatives to drive substantial value for shareholders.
Revenue is recognized upon shipment to various retail outlet customers when all performance obligations are met and collectability is reasonably assured. Upon shipment to specific retail customers with the right of return, Inergetics defers revenues as returns are not reasonably estimable. As of June 30, 2014 and December 31, 2013, deferred revenue totaled $1,075,182 and $1,269,470, respectively.
"The positive response we are receiving from Food, Drug, Mass, Health & Specialty retail outlets is a direct result of the superior product offerings we are bringing to market and the consumer demand they are generating," added Mr. James. "We are continuing to gain further traction for these best-in-class brands as we have already expanded distribution by nearly 2,000 doors in the first half of the third quarter alone. As market penetration grows deeper and broader across our established and new brands, my confidence in the management team's ability to sustain this trajectory remains steadfast."
Inergetics Media Contact
About Inergetics, Inc.
Inergetics' portfolio of brands includes: Martha Stewart™ Essentials, a complete line of whole-food-based supplements created specifically for women; Surgex ® Sports Nutrition, the preferred nutritional supplement of Army Sports; Bikini Ready ®, a leader in weight loss lifestyle solutions; SlimTrim, the affordable, premium value diet brand; and OmEssentials®, a line of scientifically advanced nutritional supplements designed to further the health and wellness of yoga practitioners and active individuals.
To learn more about Inergetics, visit www.inergetics.com, and the Inergetics brands' websites at: www.marthastewartessentials.com, www.surgexsports.com, www.surgexsportsblitz.com, www.slimtrim1.com, www.slimtrim.net, www.bikinireadylifestyle.com, www.kahunasands.com, www.omessentials.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, including, without limitation, those with respect to the objectives, plans and strategies of Inergetics set forth herein and those preceded by or that include the words "believes," "expects," "given," "targets," "intends," "anticipates," "plans," "projects," "forecasts," or similar expressions, are "forward-looking statements." Although Inergetics' management believes that such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee that such expectations are, or will be, correct. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, which could cause Inergetics' future results to differ materially from those anticipated. Inergetics assumes no obligation to update any of the information contained or referenced in this press release.
SOURCE Inergetics, Inc.
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,638
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,714
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,399
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,891
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,268
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:49 AM EDT
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,380
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,057
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,064
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,841
Sep. 28, 2016 11:21 AM EDT
Sep. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,096
Sep. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 368
Sep. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 246
Sep. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,525