|By PR Newswire||
|August 14, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Inergetics, Inc. (OTCBB: NRTI), a leading developer of a diverse range of best-in-class nutraceuticals, today filed its 10Q for the second quarter ending June 30, 2014.
- Total revenues generated from the sales of Martha Stewart™ Essentials, Surgex® Sports Nutrition, Bikini Ready®, SlimTrim™, and Private Label product lines for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 totaled $523,615, an increase of 685% from the quarter ended June 30, 2013 which totaled $66,667.
- Gross profit for the quarter amounted to $213,178 for a 41% gross margin. Gross profit increased $196,986 or 1,217% for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to $16,192 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- After research and development cost and selling, general and administrative expenses of $1,564,032, an operating loss of $1,350,854 was realized for the quarter. Operating losses increased $500,259 compared to the first quarter of 2013. The majority of the increase was due to the increase in royalty payments and promotion and marketing costs to support the retail launch of certain products.
- The net result for the quarter was a loss of $1,564,212 or $0.02 per share, including a preferred dividend on the Series G stock in the amount of $321,525, compared to a loss of $1,234,697 or $0.02 per share for the second quarter of 2013. The net loss increased by $329,515 compared to the second quarter of 2013, primarily due to an increase in selling, general and administrative expenses associated with the expansion of the company's product lines as well as increased interest expense associated with additional debt outstanding.
"Inergetics continues to mark significant progress in building a world-class nutraceuticals company whose innovative products address a range of consumer needs," said Mike James, CEO. "Our focus on increasing the U.S. and international wholesale and retail distribution as well as the overall sales ramp for our growing portfolio of vitamins, supplements and consumer products is gaining stronger momentum across the business. At the same time, we continue to invest in future growth through improved supply chain infrastructure, brand development and new products, including the development of a line of next generation natural cannabidiol-based (CBD) supplements that we expect to bring to market in 2015."
Key developments in the quarter
- Multiple Product Launches: Launched new products into distribution including: Martha Stewart Essentials Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies; Bikini Ready Energy Gummies; new and improved SlimTrim formulation, private label Muscle Maker Grill shake flavors and acquired the assets of OmEssentials®, a scientifically advanced line of supplements that increase overall mind and body wellness.
- Expanded Distribution: Announced that Walgreens and other national food, drug, specialty and online retailers added Martha Stewart Vegetarian Multivitamin Gummies to their stores, increasing product line distribution to a total of more than 17,000 retail stores. Since the end of the second quarter, Inergetics announced that Winn-Dixie will carry the Martha Stewart Essentials line of products beginning this month, complementing the Bikini Ready line already on the shelves of the chain's more than 700 stores.
- Significant Marketing Support: Continued Martha Stewart Essentials integrated marketing effort including aggressive FSIs drops and national print advertising. Launched Bikini Ready "Back2Body™" national advertising campaign featuring professional surfer, Christa Alves, which included a new Bikini Ready Lifestyle website of photos, videos and social media initiatives from Christa Alves and professional surfer spokeswoman, Anastasia Ashley.
- Continued Progress Toward Development of Natural CBD-Based Line of Nutritional Supplements: Inergetics continues to progress in research and development with its strategic partner, Terra Tech, towards the launch of their proprietary line of (CBD)-based supplements, which is expected in 2015.
- Convened Productive Initial Meeting of Scientific and Medical Advisory Board: The company completed the formation of this board, which continues to work closely with Inergetics' Chief Science Officer, Carl Germano, RD, CNS, CDN, to ensure that the new CBD-based supplements are the most medically effective, safest, and highest quality available to consumers.
- Expanded Senior Leadership Team: Named Chief Marketing Officer Jim Kras to the additional role of President, expanding his responsibilities to include the oversight of sales, distribution and other company initiatives to drive substantial value for shareholders.
Revenue is recognized upon shipment to various retail outlet customers when all performance obligations are met and collectability is reasonably assured. Upon shipment to specific retail customers with the right of return, Inergetics defers revenues as returns are not reasonably estimable. As of June 30, 2014 and December 31, 2013, deferred revenue totaled $1,075,182 and $1,269,470, respectively.
"The positive response we are receiving from Food, Drug, Mass, Health & Specialty retail outlets is a direct result of the superior product offerings we are bringing to market and the consumer demand they are generating," added Mr. James. "We are continuing to gain further traction for these best-in-class brands as we have already expanded distribution by nearly 2,000 doors in the first half of the third quarter alone. As market penetration grows deeper and broader across our established and new brands, my confidence in the management team's ability to sustain this trajectory remains steadfast."
Inergetics Media Contact
About Inergetics, Inc.
Inergetics' portfolio of brands includes: Martha Stewart™ Essentials, a complete line of whole-food-based supplements created specifically for women; Surgex ® Sports Nutrition, the preferred nutritional supplement of Army Sports; Bikini Ready ®, a leader in weight loss lifestyle solutions; SlimTrim, the affordable, premium value diet brand; and OmEssentials®, a line of scientifically advanced nutritional supplements designed to further the health and wellness of yoga practitioners and active individuals.
To learn more about Inergetics, visit www.inergetics.com, and the Inergetics brands' websites at: www.marthastewartessentials.com, www.surgexsports.com, www.surgexsportsblitz.com, www.slimtrim1.com, www.slimtrim.net, www.bikinireadylifestyle.com, www.kahunasands.com, www.omessentials.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, including, without limitation, those with respect to the objectives, plans and strategies of Inergetics set forth herein and those preceded by or that include the words "believes," "expects," "given," "targets," "intends," "anticipates," "plans," "projects," "forecasts," or similar expressions, are "forward-looking statements." Although Inergetics' management believes that such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee that such expectations are, or will be, correct. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, which could cause Inergetics' future results to differ materially from those anticipated. Inergetics assumes no obligation to update any of the information contained or referenced in this press release.
SOURCE Inergetics, Inc.
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 146
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 107
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EST
With microservices, SOA and distributed architectures becoming more popular, it is becoming increasingly harder to keep track of where time is spent in a distributed application when trying to diagnose performance problems. Distributed tracing systems attempt to address this problem by following application requests across service boundaries, persisting metadata along the way that provide context for fine-grained performance monitoring.
Feb. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 759
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 5, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 684
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 111
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 305
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 322
The maker of automated server migration software reports sales bookings increased 460 percent year-over-year and last week IDC forecast spending on public cloud services will grow to more than $141 billion in 2019. Seems (at last) we are at the tipping point where enterprises are adopting cloud in a big way opening opportunities for those who can help with the transition.
Feb. 5, 2016 01:27 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 316
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Feb. 5, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 487
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 510