|By Marketwired .||
|August 15, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/15/14 -- Immunovaccine Inc. ("Immunovaccine" or "IMV") (TSX VENTURE:IMV), a clinical stage vaccine company, today released its financial and operational results for the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
"During the second quarter, Immunovaccine presented data at the annual ASCO conference that demonstrated DPX-Survivac's mechanism of action in cancer patients, while highlighting tumor shrinkage and stabilization in an ovarian cancer patient with measurable disease," said Dr. Marc Mansour, chief executive officer of Immunovaccine. "Importantly, this first association of DPX-Survivac with a clinical benefit has generated interest from key opinion leaders from around the world, who have expressed a desire to collaborate with Immunovaccine on future clinical trials."
"Momentum with our cancer vaccine programs extends beyond the data presented at ASCO. The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute elected to use DepoVax(TM) as the underlying enhancement technology for a new HPV-related cervical and head and neck cancer vaccine. This vaccine will be the focus of a clinical study, expected to start in 2015, that will be funded by a grant from Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation," Dr. Mansour continued.
"We also continue to make steady progress with our infectious disease programs with an infectious disease vaccine against RSV expected to enter a Phase I study in 2014, and an ongoing collaboration with the NIH for a rapid response anthrax vaccine which may lead to the testing of DepoVax to combat other important diseases for which there are no vaccine today."
Highlights of the Second Quarter 2014 and Subsequent to Quarter End:
- First Ever Evidence of Clinical Benefit with DPX-Survivac - Positive results from a Phase I/Ib clinical study of the Company's lead cancer vaccine candidate, DPX-Survivac, were presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2014 Annual Meeting. In a poster presentation at the conference, Immunovaccine highlighted promising early evidence of clinical activity for DPX-Survivac in ovarian cancer patients. One patient, who experienced a 43% reduction in tumor size, was classified as a partial response (PR) as measured by Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors (RECIST 1.1). The PR, which persisted following discontinuation of treatment, was accompanied by reduction in levels of a commonly used ovarian cancer biomarker (CA125) and a significant increase in vaccine-induced immune responses. The patient's tumor and CA125 levels remain stable eight months following initiation of the DPX-Survivac therapy demonstrating a potentially durable effect of the therapy.
- Positive Study Data Supports Combination Therapies Featuring DPX-Survivac - Positive data from clinical and preclinical vaccine studies, including DPX-Survivac, were presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2014 Annual Meeting. Results demonstrated that metronomic cyclophosphamide (mCPA), an immune modulating agent, enhanced the immunogenicity of DepoVax(TM)-based vaccines in preclinical cancer models consistent with previously reported Phase I data showing a similar enhancement of DPX-Survivac in patients. Importantly, the animal studies demonstrated the combination therapy's ability to eliminate advanced tumors that could not be treated with vaccine or mCPA alone. The addition of anti-PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor to the DepoVax vaccine/mCPA combination resulted in further enhanced anti-tumor activity, which allowed the treatment of more advanced tumors. The effective tumor regressions that were observed could not be achieved without the use of vaccine and the use of anti-PD-1.
- Dana-Farber to Study DepoVax(TM)-Based Cancer Vaccine - DepoVax(TM) was selected by the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as the underlying adjuvanting technology for a new cancer vaccine that will be evaluated in a study in patients with cervical and head and neck cancer. Dana-Farber has been awarded a three-year, $1.2 million research grant from Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation to fund a Phase I clinical trial of the group's peptide cancer antigen formulated in DepoVax in patients with HPV-related cervical and head and neck cancers.
- DepoVax-Based Vaccine Protects Against Lethal Anthrax Challenge - Immunovaccine announced positive results from anthrax challenge studies showing that rabbits administered a vaccine containing mutant recombinant Protective Antigen (mrPA) formulated in DepoVax were protected against a lethal anthrax challenge at a range of antigen doses. All animals vaccinated with a single dose of mrPA - DepoVax(TM) containing as little as one third of a microgram of antigen were protected from anthrax infection. Four out of five animals vaccinated with mrPA - DepoVax(TM) containing one tenth of a microgram of antigen were also protected. These findings indicated that DepoVax(TM) can rapidly produce protection against anthrax with single doses of very little antigen.
- New Chief Executive Officer Named - Immunovaccine appointed Dr. Marc Mansour as chief executive officer. Dr. Mansour has previously served as the Company's chief operating officer and chief science officer and is a member of its board of directors.
Q2 2014 Financial Results
The Company prepares its unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements in accordance with Canadian generally accepted accounting principles as set out in the Handbook of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants - Part I ("CICA Handbook"), which incorporates International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") as issued by the International Accounting Standards Board ("IASB").
The Company's net loss and comprehensive loss of $1,330,000 for Q2 Fiscal 2014 was $365,000 higher than the net loss and comprehensive loss for Q2 Fiscal 2013. This relates mainly to the $275,000 increase in research and development costs, an increase of $22,000 in business development expenses, and a $441,000 increase to accreted interest and adjustments, offset by a decrease of $373,000 in general and administrative expenses.
For the quarter ended June 30, 2014, the Company reported total R&D expenses of $980,000, less government loans and assistance of $55,000 and investment tax credits of $63,000. This represented a $238,000 increase of net R&D expenses over the three months ended June 30, 2013. G&A expenses of $188,000 were reported for Q2 Fiscal 2014 compared to $561,000 for the three months ended June 30, 2013, an overall decrease of $373,000. Total business development expenses of $214,000 in Q2 Fiscal 2014 represented an increase of $22,000 compared to the three months ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, Immunovaccine had cash and cash equivalents of $1.7 million and working capital of $1.7 million as compared to $3.5 million in cash and $3.3 million in working capital at December 31, 2013.
As of June 30, 2014, the number of issued and outstanding common shares was 79,550,642. On June 30, 2014, the number of stock options outstanding was 4,945,716 and the number of outstanding warrants was 31,325.
Immunovaccine's unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements for June 30, 2014, filed in accordance with IFRS, and the management discussion and analysis (MD&A), are available at www.sedar.com.
Pursuant to terms and conditions of the Company's stock option plan, Immunovaccine has granted 400,000 stock options to the chief executive officer. The options were granted on August 14, 2014 at an exercise price of $0.71, vested immediately and are set to expire five years from the date of grant.
Immunovaccine Inc. develops cancer immunotherapies and infectious disease vaccines based on the Company's DepoVax(TM) platform, a patented formulation that provides controlled and prolonged exposure of antigens and adjuvants to the immune system. Immunovaccine has advanced two T cell activation therapies for cancer through Phase I human clinical trials. Lead cancer vaccine therapy, DPX-Survivac, is expected to enter Phase II clinical studies in 2014, in ovarian cancer and glioblastoma (brain cancer). The Company is also advancing an infectious disease pipeline including innovative vaccines for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and anthrax.
Connect at www.imvaccine.com.
This press release contains forward-looking information under applicable securities law. All information that addresses activities or developments that we expect to occur in the future, is forward-looking information. Forward-looking statements are based on the estimates and opinions of management on the date the statements are made. However, they should not be regarded as a representation that any of the plans will be achieved. Actual results may differ materially from those set forth in this press release due to risks affecting the company, including access to capital, the successful completion of clinical trials and receipt of all regulatory approvals. Immunovaccine Inc. assumes no responsibility to update forward-looking statements in this press release except as required by law.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,979
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,174
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 709
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,050
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,335
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,715
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,353
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,995
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,124
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 27, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,099
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,087
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,164
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,323
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,268