|By PR Newswire||
|August 15, 2014 04:34 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cable's premier music performance channel AXS TV is producing an all-new, weekly television concert series airing Tuesday nights this fall. Premiering Sept. 9 at 11:30 p.m. EDT/8:30 p.m. PDT, the HEADLINER CLUB SERIES PRESENTED BY BUDWEISER showcases 15 original performances from a diverse blend of established and emerging artists such as Cage the Elephant in the debut episode.
The 15-week series is filmed at a variety of club venues owned and operated by live entertainment promoter and AXS TV partner AEG, including the Ogden Theatre, the Bluebird Theater, and the Gothic Theatre, all in the Denver region; and the Fonda Theatre and El Rey Theatre, both in Los Angeles.
The HEADLINER CLUB SERIES PRESENTED BY BUDWEISER in addition to featuring alternative rockers Cage the Elephant on Sept. 9 live from Denver's Ogden Theatre, will include other bands like Neon Trees of "Animal" and "Everybody Talks" fame (Sept. 30, Ogden Theatre), Grammy®-nominated indie folk duo The Milk Carton Kids (Oct. 7 The Bluebird Theatre), Grammy award winners OK Go (Dec. 2, Gothic Theatre), and reggae superstar Ziggy Marley (Dec. 16, Ogden Theatre) among others.
"With this new concert series, we are aiming to put a national spotlight on some of the hottest bands that are touring the club circuit today in alternative rock, folk and reggae," said Evan Haiman, AXS TV's vice president, music programming and production. "Viewers will enjoy the intimate setting of our AXS TV broadcasts and feel like they are a member of the live audience due to the flattering acoustics in these prized venues."
THE HEADLINER CLUB SERIES PRESENTED BY BUDWEISER's current schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 9 – Come A Little Closer: Cage the Elephant Live From the Ogden Theatre - 11:30 p.m. EDT/8:30 p.m. PDT
- Sept. 16 – John Butler Trio: Flesh & Blood In Concert (The Fonda Theatre) - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Sept. 21 – An Evening with Sevendust: Live From the Gothic Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Sept. 30 – Neon Trees Live From The Ogden Theatre -11:30 p.m. EDT/8:30 p.m. PDT
- Oct. 7 – Dirty Dozen Brass Band Live From The Bluebird - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Oct. 14 – The Milk Carton Kids Live From The Bluebird Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Oct. 21 – An Evening With Dennis DeYoung and The Music of Styx (El Rey Theatre)- 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Oct. 28 – Bear Hands Live at the Bluebird Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Nov. 4 – Stephen Marley Live At The Gothic Theatre - Revelation Part II: The Fruit of Life Tour - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Nov. 11 – Delta Rae Live at the Bluebird Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Nov. 18 – The Sounds Live at the Gothic Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Nov. 25 – Open Air Stereo Live From the Bluebird Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Dec. 2 – OK Go Live at the Gothic Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Dec. 9 – Cowboy Mouth Live at the Bluebird Theatre - 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
- Dec. 16 – Ziggy Marley: Fly Rasta (the Ogden Theater)- 11 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. PDT
In addition to the on-air broadcasts, AXS TV is offering exclusive pictures, concert video and behind-the-scenes interviews with the artists on their designated microsite here: http://bit.ly/budHC
ABOUT AXS TV
Launched in July 2012 by visionary entrepreneur Mark Cuban, AXS TV is dedicated to providing the best in music programming and festivals, comedy performances, current events and mixed martial arts promotions. AXS TV is a partnership between Mark Cuban, AEG, Ryan Seacrest Media, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and CBS. The network is available in the United States via AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS, and other cable, satellite and telco providers. The network is also distributed in Canada and the Caribbean. For more information, visit the website, www.axs.tv; go to the Facebook page here and follow the company on Twitter, @axstv; on Instagram; Tumblr and YouTube.
AXS TV's companion network, HDNET Movies, is a linear TV channel and VOD service that delivers the ultimate film watching experience -- uncut and uninterrupted -- in high definition. Launched in 2003, HDNET Movies programs a diverse slate of box-office hits spanning the 1950s to 2000s. The network is widely distributed by major cable, telco and satellite TV providers in the U.S. For further information, visit www.hdnetmovies.com.
SOURCE AXS TV
Oct. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,382
Oct. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,069
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,405
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,870
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,038
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,544
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,555
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,040
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,019
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 997
Oct. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,578
Oct. 26, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 946
Oct. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,759
Oct. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,193
Oct. 26, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,171