|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:18 PM EDT||
WILLMAR, Minn., Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --This year, Jennie-O is on a mission to help families make the back-to-school transition as nutritious and delicious as possible with a variety of new tips and recipes perfect for any eating occasion. With a seemingly endless selection of great products and convenient, nutritious recipes available for breakfast, lunch, after-school snacks and dinner, Jennie-O is committed to helping make this back-to-school season the easiest yet for families everywhere.
And, with the launch of the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes, fans have an opportunity to share creative ways to eat well with wholesome turkey meals and snacks all for a chance to win great prizes, including a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes will officially kick off Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 and focus on convenient, time-saving recipes to help busy families eat well while smoothly adjusting to their fall routines. To participate in the sweepstakes, fans need only follow three simple steps:
- Visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes
- Pin their favorite JENNIE-O® back-to-school recipes, inspirational tips and more on Pinterest
- Wait to see if they win the grand prize or one of four runner-up prizes.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes grand prizewinner will receive a new tablet, which they can use to access their favorite turkey recipes, as well as a gift card for a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey. In addition to the grand prize, four runners-up will also receive gift cards for a year's supply of nutritious JENNIE-O® turkey product. Fans have until Sept. 14, 2014 to enter the sweepstakes for their chance to win. The full list of rules can be found online on the sweepstakes Web page.
The brand's Back-to-School Pinterest board will host a variety of new JENNIE-O® recipes and tips that are sure to help make the season a stress-free affair. From quick, grab-and-go breakfasts to lunchbox ideas, nutritious after-school snacks and 30-minute weeknight meals, moms and dads will have plenty of nutritious options to help their families stay energized throughout a hectic part of the year with JENNIE-O® turkey.
Morning Shortcuts to Start the Day Off Right
Between preparing for work, packing lunches and getting the kids to school on time, mornings can be a stressful part of the daily routine. Parents need quick and easy breakfast solutions as they rush to serve this important meal.
Luckily, JENNIE-O® breakfast recipes offer families convenient meals featuring lean protein:
- Mexican Turkey Frittatas: An excellent grab-and-go option, this recipe is made with extra lean ground turkey and filled with nutritious veggies. A great recipe for parents to make ahead of time and freeze to ease the morning hustle and bustle — reheating this frittata in the morning is as simple as popping it into the microwave. JENNIE-O® Mexican Turkey Frittatas are gluten free and include a whopping 15g of protein per serving and only 100 calories.
- Breakfast Turkey Bacon Roll Ups: Portability meets great taste with this convenient recipe. Made with JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon, fresh cilantro and Colby Jack cheese, this handheld treat promises to jump-start the day with a flavorful kick.
The Midday Meal Can be Fun With Creative Lunch Hacks
As the afternoon approaches and stomachs begin to rumble, lunchtime can be a great opportunity for kids to recharge as they prepare to take on the rest of the school day. With creative lunch hacks from Jennie-O, the midday meal can be both nutritious and fun:
- Buffalo Turkey Wraps: Ready for the lunchbox in less than 15 minutes, kids will love these spicy wraps featuring JENNIE-O® Tender Browned Turkey Breast and the ideal blend of hot sauce and blue cheese. Parents will love the recipe's lean protein and the chance to sneak nutritious vegetables into the meal as they load the wrap with lettuce, celery and shredded carrots.
- Turkey Lunchbox Roll-ups: Likely to become a lunchtime staple, JENNIE-O® Lunchbox Roll-ups promise to wow student's taste buds. Beginning with WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip spread on tortillas, the recipe combines sweet and savory flavors by pairing JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Reduce Sodium Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon with pineapple tidbits for a fun, great-tasting lunch. Add cheese, lettuce and salsa and the recipe is complete in a matter of minutes.
Parents can also help introduce wholesome hot lunches featuring JENNIE-O® turkey to their students' schools or even their entire districts by encouraging them to join the Thursday is Turkey Day program, a movement to bring quality foods, sound nutrition and real-world practicality to school menus in an effort to promote positive lifestyle choices. Check out www.ThursdayIsTurkeyDay.com to learn more.
Can't-Miss After-School Snacks
By the time the school day ends and the kids are getting ready for their after-school activities, lunch can be a distant memory. While it can be tempting to offer up a bland bag of chips or soda, parents can trust Jennie-O as a go-to resource for nutritious after-school snacks that may help keep active students feeling fuller longer.
- Turkey Veggie Snacks: A unique alternative to ordinary after-school snacks, even the pickiest eaters will enjoy this recipe, which combines cubes of delicious JENNIE-O® Oven Roasted Turkey with sweet cherry tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and low-fat mozzarella cheese and basil in a kabob-style snack that looks as delectable as it tastes.
- Quick Mini Turkey Pizzas: Putting a playful twist on a sure-fire crowd-pleaser — pizza — this recipe is a breeze to make and requires a few simple ingredients. Top English muffins with pizza sauce, JENNIE-O® Turkey Ham and shredded cheese, place in the oven and within minutes the kids will be enjoying their favorite new snack.
Dinner Doesn't Need to be Complicated Thanks to 30-Minute Turkey Meals
After a busy day at work and school, dinner should be a time for families to enjoy each other's company, not a time to stress about preparing a complicated meal. From classics like turkey tacos to set-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker recipes, JENNIE-O® 30-minute meals help families to relax at the end of the day with a delicious dinner together.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos: A new take on a classic weeknight meal, JENNIE-O® Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos are a joy to prepare and prep time for this dish is less than 30 minutes. Simply place JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Turkey Breast in a slow-cooker before leaving the home in the morning and by dinnertime, tender shredded turkey will be ready to serve. Fill soft tortillas with the turkey, spicy slaw with red chili peppers, and top with the family's favorite taco fixin's such as fresco cheese, lettuce and tomato. For some extra flavor, add fresh avocado or salsa.
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Sure to be an instant addition to any cookbook, this lettuce wrap recipe combines JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey with the flavors of popular Asian cuisines — soy sauce, ginger and garlic — for an exotic weeknight dish. A great build-your-own option, Turkey Lettuce Wraps are easy to customize to fit every family member's personal preference.
Be sure to visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes for a chance to win great prizes and browse more creative recipes and inspirational tips.
About Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL) and one of the largest turkey processors and marketers in the world. It offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 27 countries worldwide. JennieO.com
SOURCE Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,950
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 447
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,218
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,083
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 2,063
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,040
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 367
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,813
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,847
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,555
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,602
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,691
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,059
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 879
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 864