|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:18 PM EDT||
WILLMAR, Minn., Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --This year, Jennie-O is on a mission to help families make the back-to-school transition as nutritious and delicious as possible with a variety of new tips and recipes perfect for any eating occasion. With a seemingly endless selection of great products and convenient, nutritious recipes available for breakfast, lunch, after-school snacks and dinner, Jennie-O is committed to helping make this back-to-school season the easiest yet for families everywhere.
And, with the launch of the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes, fans have an opportunity to share creative ways to eat well with wholesome turkey meals and snacks all for a chance to win great prizes, including a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes will officially kick off Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 and focus on convenient, time-saving recipes to help busy families eat well while smoothly adjusting to their fall routines. To participate in the sweepstakes, fans need only follow three simple steps:
- Visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes
- Pin their favorite JENNIE-O® back-to-school recipes, inspirational tips and more on Pinterest
- Wait to see if they win the grand prize or one of four runner-up prizes.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes grand prizewinner will receive a new tablet, which they can use to access their favorite turkey recipes, as well as a gift card for a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey. In addition to the grand prize, four runners-up will also receive gift cards for a year's supply of nutritious JENNIE-O® turkey product. Fans have until Sept. 14, 2014 to enter the sweepstakes for their chance to win. The full list of rules can be found online on the sweepstakes Web page.
The brand's Back-to-School Pinterest board will host a variety of new JENNIE-O® recipes and tips that are sure to help make the season a stress-free affair. From quick, grab-and-go breakfasts to lunchbox ideas, nutritious after-school snacks and 30-minute weeknight meals, moms and dads will have plenty of nutritious options to help their families stay energized throughout a hectic part of the year with JENNIE-O® turkey.
Morning Shortcuts to Start the Day Off Right
Between preparing for work, packing lunches and getting the kids to school on time, mornings can be a stressful part of the daily routine. Parents need quick and easy breakfast solutions as they rush to serve this important meal.
Luckily, JENNIE-O® breakfast recipes offer families convenient meals featuring lean protein:
- Mexican Turkey Frittatas: An excellent grab-and-go option, this recipe is made with extra lean ground turkey and filled with nutritious veggies. A great recipe for parents to make ahead of time and freeze to ease the morning hustle and bustle — reheating this frittata in the morning is as simple as popping it into the microwave. JENNIE-O® Mexican Turkey Frittatas are gluten free and include a whopping 15g of protein per serving and only 100 calories.
- Breakfast Turkey Bacon Roll Ups: Portability meets great taste with this convenient recipe. Made with JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon, fresh cilantro and Colby Jack cheese, this handheld treat promises to jump-start the day with a flavorful kick.
The Midday Meal Can be Fun With Creative Lunch Hacks
As the afternoon approaches and stomachs begin to rumble, lunchtime can be a great opportunity for kids to recharge as they prepare to take on the rest of the school day. With creative lunch hacks from Jennie-O, the midday meal can be both nutritious and fun:
- Buffalo Turkey Wraps: Ready for the lunchbox in less than 15 minutes, kids will love these spicy wraps featuring JENNIE-O® Tender Browned Turkey Breast and the ideal blend of hot sauce and blue cheese. Parents will love the recipe's lean protein and the chance to sneak nutritious vegetables into the meal as they load the wrap with lettuce, celery and shredded carrots.
- Turkey Lunchbox Roll-ups: Likely to become a lunchtime staple, JENNIE-O® Lunchbox Roll-ups promise to wow student's taste buds. Beginning with WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip spread on tortillas, the recipe combines sweet and savory flavors by pairing JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Reduce Sodium Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon with pineapple tidbits for a fun, great-tasting lunch. Add cheese, lettuce and salsa and the recipe is complete in a matter of minutes.
Parents can also help introduce wholesome hot lunches featuring JENNIE-O® turkey to their students' schools or even their entire districts by encouraging them to join the Thursday is Turkey Day program, a movement to bring quality foods, sound nutrition and real-world practicality to school menus in an effort to promote positive lifestyle choices. Check out www.ThursdayIsTurkeyDay.com to learn more.
Can't-Miss After-School Snacks
By the time the school day ends and the kids are getting ready for their after-school activities, lunch can be a distant memory. While it can be tempting to offer up a bland bag of chips or soda, parents can trust Jennie-O as a go-to resource for nutritious after-school snacks that may help keep active students feeling fuller longer.
- Turkey Veggie Snacks: A unique alternative to ordinary after-school snacks, even the pickiest eaters will enjoy this recipe, which combines cubes of delicious JENNIE-O® Oven Roasted Turkey with sweet cherry tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and low-fat mozzarella cheese and basil in a kabob-style snack that looks as delectable as it tastes.
- Quick Mini Turkey Pizzas: Putting a playful twist on a sure-fire crowd-pleaser — pizza — this recipe is a breeze to make and requires a few simple ingredients. Top English muffins with pizza sauce, JENNIE-O® Turkey Ham and shredded cheese, place in the oven and within minutes the kids will be enjoying their favorite new snack.
Dinner Doesn't Need to be Complicated Thanks to 30-Minute Turkey Meals
After a busy day at work and school, dinner should be a time for families to enjoy each other's company, not a time to stress about preparing a complicated meal. From classics like turkey tacos to set-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker recipes, JENNIE-O® 30-minute meals help families to relax at the end of the day with a delicious dinner together.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos: A new take on a classic weeknight meal, JENNIE-O® Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos are a joy to prepare and prep time for this dish is less than 30 minutes. Simply place JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Turkey Breast in a slow-cooker before leaving the home in the morning and by dinnertime, tender shredded turkey will be ready to serve. Fill soft tortillas with the turkey, spicy slaw with red chili peppers, and top with the family's favorite taco fixin's such as fresco cheese, lettuce and tomato. For some extra flavor, add fresh avocado or salsa.
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Sure to be an instant addition to any cookbook, this lettuce wrap recipe combines JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey with the flavors of popular Asian cuisines — soy sauce, ginger and garlic — for an exotic weeknight dish. A great build-your-own option, Turkey Lettuce Wraps are easy to customize to fit every family member's personal preference.
Be sure to visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes for a chance to win great prizes and browse more creative recipes and inspirational tips.
About Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL) and one of the largest turkey processors and marketers in the world. It offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 27 countries worldwide. JennieO.com
SOURCE Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 28, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,650
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 267
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,316
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 969
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,026
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 27, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 183
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 256
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 306
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 331
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 517
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,332
Sysdig has announced two significant milestones in its mission to bring infrastructure and application monitoring to the world of containers and microservices: a $10.7 million Series A funding led by Accel and Bain Capital Ventures (BCV); and the general availability of Sysdig Cloud, the first monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting platform specializing in container visibility, which is already used by more than 30 enterprise customers. The funding will be used to drive adoption of Sysdig Clo...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 399
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 429
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,224
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 300