|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:18 PM EDT||
WILLMAR, Minn., Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --This year, Jennie-O is on a mission to help families make the back-to-school transition as nutritious and delicious as possible with a variety of new tips and recipes perfect for any eating occasion. With a seemingly endless selection of great products and convenient, nutritious recipes available for breakfast, lunch, after-school snacks and dinner, Jennie-O is committed to helping make this back-to-school season the easiest yet for families everywhere.
And, with the launch of the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes, fans have an opportunity to share creative ways to eat well with wholesome turkey meals and snacks all for a chance to win great prizes, including a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes will officially kick off Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 and focus on convenient, time-saving recipes to help busy families eat well while smoothly adjusting to their fall routines. To participate in the sweepstakes, fans need only follow three simple steps:
- Visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes
- Pin their favorite JENNIE-O® back-to-school recipes, inspirational tips and more on Pinterest
- Wait to see if they win the grand prize or one of four runner-up prizes.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes grand prizewinner will receive a new tablet, which they can use to access their favorite turkey recipes, as well as a gift card for a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey. In addition to the grand prize, four runners-up will also receive gift cards for a year's supply of nutritious JENNIE-O® turkey product. Fans have until Sept. 14, 2014 to enter the sweepstakes for their chance to win. The full list of rules can be found online on the sweepstakes Web page.
The brand's Back-to-School Pinterest board will host a variety of new JENNIE-O® recipes and tips that are sure to help make the season a stress-free affair. From quick, grab-and-go breakfasts to lunchbox ideas, nutritious after-school snacks and 30-minute weeknight meals, moms and dads will have plenty of nutritious options to help their families stay energized throughout a hectic part of the year with JENNIE-O® turkey.
Morning Shortcuts to Start the Day Off Right
Between preparing for work, packing lunches and getting the kids to school on time, mornings can be a stressful part of the daily routine. Parents need quick and easy breakfast solutions as they rush to serve this important meal.
Luckily, JENNIE-O® breakfast recipes offer families convenient meals featuring lean protein:
- Mexican Turkey Frittatas: An excellent grab-and-go option, this recipe is made with extra lean ground turkey and filled with nutritious veggies. A great recipe for parents to make ahead of time and freeze to ease the morning hustle and bustle — reheating this frittata in the morning is as simple as popping it into the microwave. JENNIE-O® Mexican Turkey Frittatas are gluten free and include a whopping 15g of protein per serving and only 100 calories.
- Breakfast Turkey Bacon Roll Ups: Portability meets great taste with this convenient recipe. Made with JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon, fresh cilantro and Colby Jack cheese, this handheld treat promises to jump-start the day with a flavorful kick.
The Midday Meal Can be Fun With Creative Lunch Hacks
As the afternoon approaches and stomachs begin to rumble, lunchtime can be a great opportunity for kids to recharge as they prepare to take on the rest of the school day. With creative lunch hacks from Jennie-O, the midday meal can be both nutritious and fun:
- Buffalo Turkey Wraps: Ready for the lunchbox in less than 15 minutes, kids will love these spicy wraps featuring JENNIE-O® Tender Browned Turkey Breast and the ideal blend of hot sauce and blue cheese. Parents will love the recipe's lean protein and the chance to sneak nutritious vegetables into the meal as they load the wrap with lettuce, celery and shredded carrots.
- Turkey Lunchbox Roll-ups: Likely to become a lunchtime staple, JENNIE-O® Lunchbox Roll-ups promise to wow student's taste buds. Beginning with WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip spread on tortillas, the recipe combines sweet and savory flavors by pairing JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Reduce Sodium Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon with pineapple tidbits for a fun, great-tasting lunch. Add cheese, lettuce and salsa and the recipe is complete in a matter of minutes.
Parents can also help introduce wholesome hot lunches featuring JENNIE-O® turkey to their students' schools or even their entire districts by encouraging them to join the Thursday is Turkey Day program, a movement to bring quality foods, sound nutrition and real-world practicality to school menus in an effort to promote positive lifestyle choices. Check out www.ThursdayIsTurkeyDay.com to learn more.
Can't-Miss After-School Snacks
By the time the school day ends and the kids are getting ready for their after-school activities, lunch can be a distant memory. While it can be tempting to offer up a bland bag of chips or soda, parents can trust Jennie-O as a go-to resource for nutritious after-school snacks that may help keep active students feeling fuller longer.
- Turkey Veggie Snacks: A unique alternative to ordinary after-school snacks, even the pickiest eaters will enjoy this recipe, which combines cubes of delicious JENNIE-O® Oven Roasted Turkey with sweet cherry tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and low-fat mozzarella cheese and basil in a kabob-style snack that looks as delectable as it tastes.
- Quick Mini Turkey Pizzas: Putting a playful twist on a sure-fire crowd-pleaser — pizza — this recipe is a breeze to make and requires a few simple ingredients. Top English muffins with pizza sauce, JENNIE-O® Turkey Ham and shredded cheese, place in the oven and within minutes the kids will be enjoying their favorite new snack.
Dinner Doesn't Need to be Complicated Thanks to 30-Minute Turkey Meals
After a busy day at work and school, dinner should be a time for families to enjoy each other's company, not a time to stress about preparing a complicated meal. From classics like turkey tacos to set-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker recipes, JENNIE-O® 30-minute meals help families to relax at the end of the day with a delicious dinner together.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos: A new take on a classic weeknight meal, JENNIE-O® Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos are a joy to prepare and prep time for this dish is less than 30 minutes. Simply place JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Turkey Breast in a slow-cooker before leaving the home in the morning and by dinnertime, tender shredded turkey will be ready to serve. Fill soft tortillas with the turkey, spicy slaw with red chili peppers, and top with the family's favorite taco fixin's such as fresco cheese, lettuce and tomato. For some extra flavor, add fresh avocado or salsa.
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Sure to be an instant addition to any cookbook, this lettuce wrap recipe combines JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey with the flavors of popular Asian cuisines — soy sauce, ginger and garlic — for an exotic weeknight dish. A great build-your-own option, Turkey Lettuce Wraps are easy to customize to fit every family member's personal preference.
Be sure to visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes for a chance to win great prizes and browse more creative recipes and inspirational tips.
About Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL) and one of the largest turkey processors and marketers in the world. It offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 27 countries worldwide. JennieO.com
SOURCE Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,307
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,238
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,172
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,394
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,864
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,929
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 807
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,805
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,944
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,341
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 641
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,437
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,755
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 578
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,820