|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:18 PM EDT||
WILLMAR, Minn., Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --This year, Jennie-O is on a mission to help families make the back-to-school transition as nutritious and delicious as possible with a variety of new tips and recipes perfect for any eating occasion. With a seemingly endless selection of great products and convenient, nutritious recipes available for breakfast, lunch, after-school snacks and dinner, Jennie-O is committed to helping make this back-to-school season the easiest yet for families everywhere.
And, with the launch of the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes, fans have an opportunity to share creative ways to eat well with wholesome turkey meals and snacks all for a chance to win great prizes, including a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes will officially kick off Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 and focus on convenient, time-saving recipes to help busy families eat well while smoothly adjusting to their fall routines. To participate in the sweepstakes, fans need only follow three simple steps:
- Visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes
- Pin their favorite JENNIE-O® back-to-school recipes, inspirational tips and more on Pinterest
- Wait to see if they win the grand prize or one of four runner-up prizes.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes grand prizewinner will receive a new tablet, which they can use to access their favorite turkey recipes, as well as a gift card for a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey. In addition to the grand prize, four runners-up will also receive gift cards for a year's supply of nutritious JENNIE-O® turkey product. Fans have until Sept. 14, 2014 to enter the sweepstakes for their chance to win. The full list of rules can be found online on the sweepstakes Web page.
The brand's Back-to-School Pinterest board will host a variety of new JENNIE-O® recipes and tips that are sure to help make the season a stress-free affair. From quick, grab-and-go breakfasts to lunchbox ideas, nutritious after-school snacks and 30-minute weeknight meals, moms and dads will have plenty of nutritious options to help their families stay energized throughout a hectic part of the year with JENNIE-O® turkey.
Morning Shortcuts to Start the Day Off Right
Between preparing for work, packing lunches and getting the kids to school on time, mornings can be a stressful part of the daily routine. Parents need quick and easy breakfast solutions as they rush to serve this important meal.
Luckily, JENNIE-O® breakfast recipes offer families convenient meals featuring lean protein:
- Mexican Turkey Frittatas: An excellent grab-and-go option, this recipe is made with extra lean ground turkey and filled with nutritious veggies. A great recipe for parents to make ahead of time and freeze to ease the morning hustle and bustle — reheating this frittata in the morning is as simple as popping it into the microwave. JENNIE-O® Mexican Turkey Frittatas are gluten free and include a whopping 15g of protein per serving and only 100 calories.
- Breakfast Turkey Bacon Roll Ups: Portability meets great taste with this convenient recipe. Made with JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon, fresh cilantro and Colby Jack cheese, this handheld treat promises to jump-start the day with a flavorful kick.
The Midday Meal Can be Fun With Creative Lunch Hacks
As the afternoon approaches and stomachs begin to rumble, lunchtime can be a great opportunity for kids to recharge as they prepare to take on the rest of the school day. With creative lunch hacks from Jennie-O, the midday meal can be both nutritious and fun:
- Buffalo Turkey Wraps: Ready for the lunchbox in less than 15 minutes, kids will love these spicy wraps featuring JENNIE-O® Tender Browned Turkey Breast and the ideal blend of hot sauce and blue cheese. Parents will love the recipe's lean protein and the chance to sneak nutritious vegetables into the meal as they load the wrap with lettuce, celery and shredded carrots.
- Turkey Lunchbox Roll-ups: Likely to become a lunchtime staple, JENNIE-O® Lunchbox Roll-ups promise to wow student's taste buds. Beginning with WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip spread on tortillas, the recipe combines sweet and savory flavors by pairing JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Reduce Sodium Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon with pineapple tidbits for a fun, great-tasting lunch. Add cheese, lettuce and salsa and the recipe is complete in a matter of minutes.
Parents can also help introduce wholesome hot lunches featuring JENNIE-O® turkey to their students' schools or even their entire districts by encouraging them to join the Thursday is Turkey Day program, a movement to bring quality foods, sound nutrition and real-world practicality to school menus in an effort to promote positive lifestyle choices. Check out www.ThursdayIsTurkeyDay.com to learn more.
Can't-Miss After-School Snacks
By the time the school day ends and the kids are getting ready for their after-school activities, lunch can be a distant memory. While it can be tempting to offer up a bland bag of chips or soda, parents can trust Jennie-O as a go-to resource for nutritious after-school snacks that may help keep active students feeling fuller longer.
- Turkey Veggie Snacks: A unique alternative to ordinary after-school snacks, even the pickiest eaters will enjoy this recipe, which combines cubes of delicious JENNIE-O® Oven Roasted Turkey with sweet cherry tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and low-fat mozzarella cheese and basil in a kabob-style snack that looks as delectable as it tastes.
- Quick Mini Turkey Pizzas: Putting a playful twist on a sure-fire crowd-pleaser — pizza — this recipe is a breeze to make and requires a few simple ingredients. Top English muffins with pizza sauce, JENNIE-O® Turkey Ham and shredded cheese, place in the oven and within minutes the kids will be enjoying their favorite new snack.
Dinner Doesn't Need to be Complicated Thanks to 30-Minute Turkey Meals
After a busy day at work and school, dinner should be a time for families to enjoy each other's company, not a time to stress about preparing a complicated meal. From classics like turkey tacos to set-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker recipes, JENNIE-O® 30-minute meals help families to relax at the end of the day with a delicious dinner together.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos: A new take on a classic weeknight meal, JENNIE-O® Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos are a joy to prepare and prep time for this dish is less than 30 minutes. Simply place JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Turkey Breast in a slow-cooker before leaving the home in the morning and by dinnertime, tender shredded turkey will be ready to serve. Fill soft tortillas with the turkey, spicy slaw with red chili peppers, and top with the family's favorite taco fixin's such as fresco cheese, lettuce and tomato. For some extra flavor, add fresh avocado or salsa.
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Sure to be an instant addition to any cookbook, this lettuce wrap recipe combines JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey with the flavors of popular Asian cuisines — soy sauce, ginger and garlic — for an exotic weeknight dish. A great build-your-own option, Turkey Lettuce Wraps are easy to customize to fit every family member's personal preference.
Be sure to visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes for a chance to win great prizes and browse more creative recipes and inspirational tips.
About Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL) and one of the largest turkey processors and marketers in the world. It offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 27 countries worldwide. JennieO.com
SOURCE Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,475
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,632
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,956
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,747
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,729
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,381
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,618
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,781
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 272
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,877
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,762
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 347
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 353
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 345