|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:18 PM EDT||
WILLMAR, Minn., Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --This year, Jennie-O is on a mission to help families make the back-to-school transition as nutritious and delicious as possible with a variety of new tips and recipes perfect for any eating occasion. With a seemingly endless selection of great products and convenient, nutritious recipes available for breakfast, lunch, after-school snacks and dinner, Jennie-O is committed to helping make this back-to-school season the easiest yet for families everywhere.
And, with the launch of the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes, fans have an opportunity to share creative ways to eat well with wholesome turkey meals and snacks all for a chance to win great prizes, including a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes will officially kick off Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 and focus on convenient, time-saving recipes to help busy families eat well while smoothly adjusting to their fall routines. To participate in the sweepstakes, fans need only follow three simple steps:
- Visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes
- Pin their favorite JENNIE-O® back-to-school recipes, inspirational tips and more on Pinterest
- Wait to see if they win the grand prize or one of four runner-up prizes.
The Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes grand prizewinner will receive a new tablet, which they can use to access their favorite turkey recipes, as well as a gift card for a year's supply of JENNIE-O® turkey. In addition to the grand prize, four runners-up will also receive gift cards for a year's supply of nutritious JENNIE-O® turkey product. Fans have until Sept. 14, 2014 to enter the sweepstakes for their chance to win. The full list of rules can be found online on the sweepstakes Web page.
The brand's Back-to-School Pinterest board will host a variety of new JENNIE-O® recipes and tips that are sure to help make the season a stress-free affair. From quick, grab-and-go breakfasts to lunchbox ideas, nutritious after-school snacks and 30-minute weeknight meals, moms and dads will have plenty of nutritious options to help their families stay energized throughout a hectic part of the year with JENNIE-O® turkey.
Morning Shortcuts to Start the Day Off Right
Between preparing for work, packing lunches and getting the kids to school on time, mornings can be a stressful part of the daily routine. Parents need quick and easy breakfast solutions as they rush to serve this important meal.
Luckily, JENNIE-O® breakfast recipes offer families convenient meals featuring lean protein:
- Mexican Turkey Frittatas: An excellent grab-and-go option, this recipe is made with extra lean ground turkey and filled with nutritious veggies. A great recipe for parents to make ahead of time and freeze to ease the morning hustle and bustle — reheating this frittata in the morning is as simple as popping it into the microwave. JENNIE-O® Mexican Turkey Frittatas are gluten free and include a whopping 15g of protein per serving and only 100 calories.
- Breakfast Turkey Bacon Roll Ups: Portability meets great taste with this convenient recipe. Made with JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon, fresh cilantro and Colby Jack cheese, this handheld treat promises to jump-start the day with a flavorful kick.
The Midday Meal Can be Fun With Creative Lunch Hacks
As the afternoon approaches and stomachs begin to rumble, lunchtime can be a great opportunity for kids to recharge as they prepare to take on the rest of the school day. With creative lunch hacks from Jennie-O, the midday meal can be both nutritious and fun:
- Buffalo Turkey Wraps: Ready for the lunchbox in less than 15 minutes, kids will love these spicy wraps featuring JENNIE-O® Tender Browned Turkey Breast and the ideal blend of hot sauce and blue cheese. Parents will love the recipe's lean protein and the chance to sneak nutritious vegetables into the meal as they load the wrap with lettuce, celery and shredded carrots.
- Turkey Lunchbox Roll-ups: Likely to become a lunchtime staple, JENNIE-O® Lunchbox Roll-ups promise to wow student's taste buds. Beginning with WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip spread on tortillas, the recipe combines sweet and savory flavors by pairing JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Reduce Sodium Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon with pineapple tidbits for a fun, great-tasting lunch. Add cheese, lettuce and salsa and the recipe is complete in a matter of minutes.
Parents can also help introduce wholesome hot lunches featuring JENNIE-O® turkey to their students' schools or even their entire districts by encouraging them to join the Thursday is Turkey Day program, a movement to bring quality foods, sound nutrition and real-world practicality to school menus in an effort to promote positive lifestyle choices. Check out www.ThursdayIsTurkeyDay.com to learn more.
Can't-Miss After-School Snacks
By the time the school day ends and the kids are getting ready for their after-school activities, lunch can be a distant memory. While it can be tempting to offer up a bland bag of chips or soda, parents can trust Jennie-O as a go-to resource for nutritious after-school snacks that may help keep active students feeling fuller longer.
- Turkey Veggie Snacks: A unique alternative to ordinary after-school snacks, even the pickiest eaters will enjoy this recipe, which combines cubes of delicious JENNIE-O® Oven Roasted Turkey with sweet cherry tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and low-fat mozzarella cheese and basil in a kabob-style snack that looks as delectable as it tastes.
- Quick Mini Turkey Pizzas: Putting a playful twist on a sure-fire crowd-pleaser — pizza — this recipe is a breeze to make and requires a few simple ingredients. Top English muffins with pizza sauce, JENNIE-O® Turkey Ham and shredded cheese, place in the oven and within minutes the kids will be enjoying their favorite new snack.
Dinner Doesn't Need to be Complicated Thanks to 30-Minute Turkey Meals
After a busy day at work and school, dinner should be a time for families to enjoy each other's company, not a time to stress about preparing a complicated meal. From classics like turkey tacos to set-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker recipes, JENNIE-O® 30-minute meals help families to relax at the end of the day with a delicious dinner together.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos: A new take on a classic weeknight meal, JENNIE-O® Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos are a joy to prepare and prep time for this dish is less than 30 minutes. Simply place JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Turkey Breast in a slow-cooker before leaving the home in the morning and by dinnertime, tender shredded turkey will be ready to serve. Fill soft tortillas with the turkey, spicy slaw with red chili peppers, and top with the family's favorite taco fixin's such as fresco cheese, lettuce and tomato. For some extra flavor, add fresh avocado or salsa.
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Sure to be an instant addition to any cookbook, this lettuce wrap recipe combines JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey with the flavors of popular Asian cuisines — soy sauce, ginger and garlic — for an exotic weeknight dish. A great build-your-own option, Turkey Lettuce Wraps are easy to customize to fit every family member's personal preference.
Be sure to visit www.JennieO.com/sweepstakes to enter the Jennie-O Back-to-School Pinterest Sweepstakes for a chance to win great prizes and browse more creative recipes and inspirational tips.
About Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., based in Willmar, Minn., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL) and one of the largest turkey processors and marketers in the world. It offers an array of more than 1,500 high quality fresh, frozen, refrigerated and deli turkey products that are distributed throughout the United States and 27 countries worldwide. JennieO.com
SOURCE Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc.
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 24, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,637
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 24, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,206
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Apr. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,314
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 24, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 984
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 23, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,981
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,154
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 23, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 23, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,950
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 23, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 23, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,539
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,002
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 698
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 23, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,314
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Apr. 23, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,605
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 23, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,516