|By PR Newswire||
|August 18, 2014 02:42 PM EDT||
DENVER, Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthONE announced today that Susan Hicks has been named the President and CEO of Sky Ridge Medical Center in Lone Tree. Hicks is being promoted from her current role as Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Sky Ridge.
"Susan has been an integral member of the Executive Team at Sky Ridge since the hospital opened in 2003," said Sylvia Young, HealthONE CEO. "She has been a major contributor to its success as well as its superior results in patient safety and satisfaction. We are excited to have Susan at the helm at Sky Ridge as she leads one of our flagship hospitals into its next decade. She has been instrumental in developing comprehensive programs in neurosurgery, orthopedics, cardiology, stroke and surgery, to name a few. The Sky Ridge team and its medical staff have given her leadership, clinical depth and business acumen a resounding vote of confidence."
Prior to joining Sky Ridge Medical Center, Susan was the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and VP of Patient Care Services at Rose Medical Center for six years, where she was responsible for the operations of all patient care services. She previously held a number of key leadership posts, including Director of Surgical Services at Rose. She has been a nurse for more than 30 years and looks forward to bringing this perspective to her position.
"I am both humbled and excited to lead this extraordinary team at Sky Ridge," says Hicks. "With an outstanding medical staff and highly engaged workforce, we are creating a vision for the future that offers depth and breadth of clinical care and exceptional service...close to home."
"I have worked with Susan for many years and am impressed by her vision, commitment to clinical excellence and relationship building skills," says Don Crino, President of the Sky Ridge Medical Staff. "I couldn't be more pleased to work side by side with her as CEO of this incredible destination facility."
Since its opening in 2003, Sky Ridge Medical Center:
- Is the most successful start-up hospital in HCA history, growing from 106 beds at its opening in 2003 to nearly 300 today
- Has earned annual recognition from the Joint Commission as a top performer in key quality measures
- Was ranked #1 in safety by Consumer Reports
- Achieved stellar patient and physician satisfaction scores
- Opened a dedicated Spine & Total Joint Center incorporating the vision of the state's leading orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons
- Launched comprehensive centers of excellence in oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, stroke, breast cancer care, bariatric surgery and general surgery, to name a few
- Expanded its neurosciences program with the addition of cranial procedures and deep brain stimulation as well as advancing its trauma program
- Added HealthONE Airlife helicopter and a hangar to the campus
- Will open its expanded Women's Hospital at Sky Ridge in November 2014 to include a private entrance, higher acuity NICU with private rooms, a Ronald McDonald room, high-risk antepartum rooms and private amenity suites; the Sky Ridge Women's Hospital is expected to be the largest women's hospital in the state in the coming years
- Broke ground on its third Medical Office Building, which will have a women's and children's focus and include a Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children 24/7 dedicated Pediatric ER and observation beds as well as pediatric sub-specialists, Sally Jobe Breast Center, Imaging Center and more (expected to open September 2015)
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,623
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,739
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,933
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,724
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,614
Aug. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,779
Aug. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 255
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,871
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 338
Aug. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,474
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 342
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 341