|By PR Newswire||
|August 19, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
CAPE TOWN, South Africa, Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Africa's top industry performers were acclaimed at Frost & Sullivan's influential Awards Banquet held in Cape Town last week, 14 August 2014. Thriving in the current business environment indicates an approach that is visionary, incorporating innovation and game-changing strategies. Frost & Sullivan's best practice awards, based on a rigorous selection methodology, highlight the achievements of market-leading companies that deliver excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Delivering the welcome speech and keynote address, Hendrik Malan, Operations Director, Frost & Sullivan, Africa, noted, "The Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Awards Programme acknowledges exceptional industry achievements. The selected awardees have demonstrated innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in Africa."
Twenty three awardees were drawn from diverse sectors including information and communication, chemicals and materials, energy, transportation, healthcare and finance. The ICT sector was strongly represented with Mi-Fone, T-Systems, ZTE, Intersec, Global Voice Group, Skyvision, Mahindra Comviva, Djibouti Data Center, EOH Cloud Services, Xlink, IBM, Health Window, and Orange, among the awardees.
Recipients were honoured for enabling technology, technology innovation, customer value enhancement, competitive strategy leadership, outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, and vertical market penetration, among other categories.
Following is a complete list of award recipients:
- DHL Express – 2013 Sub-Saharan African Transport and Logistics Market Penetration Leadership Award
- ZTE – 2013 African ICT Green Power Solution Technology Leadership Award
- Intersec – 2014 African Big Data Solutions Customer Value Leadership Award
- Global Voice Group – 2014 Sub-Saharan African Telecommunications Management and Supervision Technology Innovation Award
- Skyvision – 2014 African ICT in Oil and Gas Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award
- Mahindra Comviva – 2014 African Digital Music Customer Value Leadership Award
- Standard Bank – 2014 South African Small and Medium Enterprises Support Customer Value Leadership Award
- Djibouti Data Center – 2014 East African Data Center Enabling Technology Leadership Award
- T-Systems – 2014 South African IT Services Industry Company of the Year Award
- Barloworld Logistics – 2014 Southern African Sustainable Logistics Technology Leadership Award
- EOH Cloud Services – 2013 South African Cloud Computing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Elegant Line Chemicals – 2013 South African Commodity Chemicals Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
- Xlink – 2014 South African Machine-to-Machine in Retail and Finance Technology Leadership Award
- Mi-Fone – 2014 Sub-Saharan Africa Mobile Phone Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
- IBM – 2014 Sub-Saharan African Big Data Solutions Competitive Strategy Leadership Award
- Musoni – 2014 African Mobile Microfinance Technology Leadership Award
- PTiP – 2014 South African Solar Photovoltaic Technology Innovation Leadership Award
- Health Window – 2014 South African Medical Adherence Management Customer Service Leadership Award
- Rex Investment – 2014 Tanzanian Solar Power Generation Industry Customer Value Leadership
- MicroClinic Technologies – 2014 Kenyan Healthcare Information Technology Customer Value Leadership Award
- Orange – 2013 African Telecommunications Company of the Year Award
- Sasol – 2014 African Chemicals and Materials Visionary Innovation Award
- Samsung – 2014 Kenyan Mobile Phones Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 5, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,321
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 5, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,288
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 5, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,233
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 5, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,314
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,381
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,263
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,428
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 4, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,709
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,410
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 464
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,335
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
May. 4, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 832
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 699