|By Marketwired .||
|August 19, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 08/19/14 -- What are the "must-have" essentials for "Back-to-School 2014"? Lifestyle expert Lynn Becker has some great recommendations:
- Gold Emblem Abound snacks from CVS/pharmacy are great for your kid's lunchbox. They're free from all artificial preservatives and flavors and contain zero trans fats. And they offer a range of nutritional benefits at an affordable price. The snacks are available at all 7,600 CVS pharmacy locations nationwide. CVS/pharmacy. @CVS_Extra.
- Genuine Thermos Brand reusable lunch kits and FUNtainer bottles and food jars keep food and drinks fresh and healthy through lunchtime. Kids love them because they look cool and feature Spider-Man 2, Batman, Hello Kitty and other characters. Parents are fans because they're BPA-free, eco-friendly and easy-to-clean. Thermos.com and ShopThermos.com. @Thermos.
- BeginAgain makes teaching toys from earth-friendly rubberwood, which are colored with child-safe stains. Among their newest items is the Counting Chameleon Puzzle that teaches numbers on one side, and spells them out in English and Spanish on the reverse. beginagaintoys.com. facebook.com/AWishtoBeginAgain.
- Penn Foster is an alternative to traditional high schools. It is a private, licensed online school that offers an accredited high school diploma program. It's a great option for parents who homeschool their children, or choose self-paced, online schools for other reasons. Thanks to an active online community, students can connect with each other and faculty. Pennfoster.edu. @pennfoster.
- Personal Creations offers unique, customizable backpacks for boys and girls. Made of rugged, durable material with adjustable, contoured padded straps, they feature solid colors or playful prints, and can be personalized with a full name or three-letter monogram. personalcreations.com. @pcgifts
- SpareFoot.com is a great website for college students to find, compare and book nearby self-storage units. The units are a excellent idea because a cluttered dorm room or apartment can contribute to poor time management and a constant overwhelmed feeling. SpareFoot offers real-time availability and exclusive deals. SpareFoot.com. @SpareFoot.
Follow Lynn Becker on Twitter @AskLynnBecker.
Barry D. Miller
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 25, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,017
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,947
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,445
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,008
Aug. 24, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 317
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,660
Aug. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,300
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 344
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 474
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,553
Aug. 24, 2016 04:10 PM EDT Reads: 294
Aug. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 411
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 480
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,837