|By Marketwired .||
|August 20, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/20/14 -- TVU Networks, the global technology leader in mobile IP newsgathering solutions, announced today the release of a major software update, version 4.1, for its TVUPack mobile IP video transmitters. This update introduces a number of performance enhancements that further optimizes the stability and performance for all TVUPack transmissions, increased flexibility for monitoring and controlling transmissions, and deeper social media integration for TVUPack users. These upgrades, along with additional new innovations that are yet to be announced, will be demonstrated at IBC 2014.
The software update is available immediately. All existing TVUPack customers with current support plans will receive these enhancements free of charge. Customers interested in upgrading their existing TVUPack equipment can contact the TVU customer support team to schedule an upgrade.
The version 4.1 update along with other recent TVUPack software updates provide the following:
- Smart VBR Technology - TVUPack's Smart VBR functionality enables TVUPack to adapt quickly and efficiently to extreme fluctuations in bandwidth during live transmissions. Now, the operator only has to set the desired latency for the live shot, and Smart VBR will automatically adjust picture quality based on the available bandwidth. Capable of handling bandwidth fluctuations from 100kbps to over 10Mbps in real time, Smart VBR ensures that the transmission delivers the best picture quality in a changing bandwidth environment, such as that encountered on most cellular networks. This function makes live-shots from a moving vehicle or other similar rapidly changing environments possible, and takes the guesswork out of managing transmission bandwidth.
- Enhanced Performance at Low Latency Settings - TVUPack has dramatically improved its performance at low-latency settings, and can deliver HD-quality picture at as little as one second latency in mobile environments. With sub-second latency, broadcasters can transmit exceptional picture in even more scenarios, enabling more effective live talkbacks and delivering breaking news in the instant that it happens.
- Enhanced Stability - TVU has introduced performance improvements for transmissions in low bit-rate environments, delivering superior error correction that results in a more stable transmission and improved picture quality for every transmission. As a result, broadcasters are able to deliver live video from extremely congested locations or in environments with little available bandwidth.
- Web-based Receiver Interface - TVU has introduced Web-based receiver functionality, enabling users to monitor and control the TVUPack Receiver interface from any Web-enabled browser. This feature gives broadcasters greater flexibility to manage TVUPack transmissions from any location, no longer requiring production crews to be tethered to the production facility in order to monitor and control each transmission. The Web based receiver interface also enables users to control multiple transmissions from one single computer.
- Deeper Social Media Integration - The latest software update includes enhancements to the recently-introduced TVU Social platform. TVU Social enables TVUPack to plug into and be fully integrated with any social media network globally such as Facebook, Twitter and Weibo. With a press of a button, TVU Social helps a reporter or camera operator report breaking news for digital viewers and allows them to connect more often and readily. The field camera operator or reporter no longer has to choose between streaming a live shot or posting to social media as they can now do them at the same time.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, the TVUPack family of IP transmission solutions gives broadcasters a powerful and reliable tool to distribute live video content for broadcast, online, and mobile platforms. The TVUPack family of solutions has been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events around the world including the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the London Summer Games, U.S. presidential elections, Hurricane Sandy, the 2013 Papal conclave, and the Sochi Winter Olympics.
These TVUPack enhancements as well as other innovative new product releases will be demonstrated at IBC 2014. For more information about TVUPack and other TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvupack.com.
About TVU Networks
TVU Networks provides organizations around the globe with innovative IP video acquisition and distribution solutions. Since its founding in 2005, TVU has provided solutions that enable any size broadcaster to overcome the limitations of traditional broadcasting infrastructure, expand distribution to a wider audience and capture and broadcast live video content in a cost effective way over IP networks. TVU Networks is privately held and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. with offices in New York, Boston, Raleigh, and Shanghai, China. More information about TVU Networks can be found at www.tvupack.com.
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera M...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,119
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,203
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,675
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,535
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,853
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,580
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,786
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,439
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,341
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,396
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 478
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,627
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,552