|By Marketwired .||
|August 20, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/20/14 -- TVU Networks, the global technology leader in mobile IP newsgathering solutions, announced today the release of a major software update, version 4.1, for its TVUPack mobile IP video transmitters. This update introduces a number of performance enhancements that further optimizes the stability and performance for all TVUPack transmissions, increased flexibility for monitoring and controlling transmissions, and deeper social media integration for TVUPack users. These upgrades, along with additional new innovations that are yet to be announced, will be demonstrated at IBC 2014.
The software update is available immediately. All existing TVUPack customers with current support plans will receive these enhancements free of charge. Customers interested in upgrading their existing TVUPack equipment can contact the TVU customer support team to schedule an upgrade.
The version 4.1 update along with other recent TVUPack software updates provide the following:
- Smart VBR Technology - TVUPack's Smart VBR functionality enables TVUPack to adapt quickly and efficiently to extreme fluctuations in bandwidth during live transmissions. Now, the operator only has to set the desired latency for the live shot, and Smart VBR will automatically adjust picture quality based on the available bandwidth. Capable of handling bandwidth fluctuations from 100kbps to over 10Mbps in real time, Smart VBR ensures that the transmission delivers the best picture quality in a changing bandwidth environment, such as that encountered on most cellular networks. This function makes live-shots from a moving vehicle or other similar rapidly changing environments possible, and takes the guesswork out of managing transmission bandwidth.
- Enhanced Performance at Low Latency Settings - TVUPack has dramatically improved its performance at low-latency settings, and can deliver HD-quality picture at as little as one second latency in mobile environments. With sub-second latency, broadcasters can transmit exceptional picture in even more scenarios, enabling more effective live talkbacks and delivering breaking news in the instant that it happens.
- Enhanced Stability - TVU has introduced performance improvements for transmissions in low bit-rate environments, delivering superior error correction that results in a more stable transmission and improved picture quality for every transmission. As a result, broadcasters are able to deliver live video from extremely congested locations or in environments with little available bandwidth.
- Web-based Receiver Interface - TVU has introduced Web-based receiver functionality, enabling users to monitor and control the TVUPack Receiver interface from any Web-enabled browser. This feature gives broadcasters greater flexibility to manage TVUPack transmissions from any location, no longer requiring production crews to be tethered to the production facility in order to monitor and control each transmission. The Web based receiver interface also enables users to control multiple transmissions from one single computer.
- Deeper Social Media Integration - The latest software update includes enhancements to the recently-introduced TVU Social platform. TVU Social enables TVUPack to plug into and be fully integrated with any social media network globally such as Facebook, Twitter and Weibo. With a press of a button, TVU Social helps a reporter or camera operator report breaking news for digital viewers and allows them to connect more often and readily. The field camera operator or reporter no longer has to choose between streaming a live shot or posting to social media as they can now do them at the same time.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, the TVUPack family of IP transmission solutions gives broadcasters a powerful and reliable tool to distribute live video content for broadcast, online, and mobile platforms. The TVUPack family of solutions has been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events around the world including the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the London Summer Games, U.S. presidential elections, Hurricane Sandy, the 2013 Papal conclave, and the Sochi Winter Olympics.
These TVUPack enhancements as well as other innovative new product releases will be demonstrated at IBC 2014. For more information about TVUPack and other TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvupack.com.
About TVU Networks
TVU Networks provides organizations around the globe with innovative IP video acquisition and distribution solutions. Since its founding in 2005, TVU has provided solutions that enable any size broadcaster to overcome the limitations of traditional broadcasting infrastructure, expand distribution to a wider audience and capture and broadcast live video content in a cost effective way over IP networks. TVU Networks is privately held and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. with offices in New York, Boston, Raleigh, and Shanghai, China. More information about TVU Networks can be found at www.tvupack.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 26, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 2,390
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Feb. 26, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 6,167
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 26, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 8,954
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,975
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 5,136
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Feb. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 678
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 7,154
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 26, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,051
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Carter, CEO of Approyo, will discuss the basic set up and solution for an SAP solution in the cloud and what it means to the viability of your company. Chris Carter is CEO of Approyo. He works with business around the globe, to assist them in their journey to the usage of Big Data in the forms of Hadoop (Cloudera and Hortonwork's) and SAP HANA. At Approyo, we support firms who are looking for knowledge to grow through current business process, where even ...
Feb. 26, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,136
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,351
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 930
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,976
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,151
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,902
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,149