|By Marketwired .||
|August 20, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/20/14 -- TVU Networks, the global technology leader in mobile IP newsgathering solutions, announced today the release of a major software update, version 4.1, for its TVUPack mobile IP video transmitters. This update introduces a number of performance enhancements that further optimizes the stability and performance for all TVUPack transmissions, increased flexibility for monitoring and controlling transmissions, and deeper social media integration for TVUPack users. These upgrades, along with additional new innovations that are yet to be announced, will be demonstrated at IBC 2014.
The software update is available immediately. All existing TVUPack customers with current support plans will receive these enhancements free of charge. Customers interested in upgrading their existing TVUPack equipment can contact the TVU customer support team to schedule an upgrade.
The version 4.1 update along with other recent TVUPack software updates provide the following:
- Smart VBR Technology - TVUPack's Smart VBR functionality enables TVUPack to adapt quickly and efficiently to extreme fluctuations in bandwidth during live transmissions. Now, the operator only has to set the desired latency for the live shot, and Smart VBR will automatically adjust picture quality based on the available bandwidth. Capable of handling bandwidth fluctuations from 100kbps to over 10Mbps in real time, Smart VBR ensures that the transmission delivers the best picture quality in a changing bandwidth environment, such as that encountered on most cellular networks. This function makes live-shots from a moving vehicle or other similar rapidly changing environments possible, and takes the guesswork out of managing transmission bandwidth.
- Enhanced Performance at Low Latency Settings - TVUPack has dramatically improved its performance at low-latency settings, and can deliver HD-quality picture at as little as one second latency in mobile environments. With sub-second latency, broadcasters can transmit exceptional picture in even more scenarios, enabling more effective live talkbacks and delivering breaking news in the instant that it happens.
- Enhanced Stability - TVU has introduced performance improvements for transmissions in low bit-rate environments, delivering superior error correction that results in a more stable transmission and improved picture quality for every transmission. As a result, broadcasters are able to deliver live video from extremely congested locations or in environments with little available bandwidth.
- Web-based Receiver Interface - TVU has introduced Web-based receiver functionality, enabling users to monitor and control the TVUPack Receiver interface from any Web-enabled browser. This feature gives broadcasters greater flexibility to manage TVUPack transmissions from any location, no longer requiring production crews to be tethered to the production facility in order to monitor and control each transmission. The Web based receiver interface also enables users to control multiple transmissions from one single computer.
- Deeper Social Media Integration - The latest software update includes enhancements to the recently-introduced TVU Social platform. TVU Social enables TVUPack to plug into and be fully integrated with any social media network globally such as Facebook, Twitter and Weibo. With a press of a button, TVU Social helps a reporter or camera operator report breaking news for digital viewers and allows them to connect more often and readily. The field camera operator or reporter no longer has to choose between streaming a live shot or posting to social media as they can now do them at the same time.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, the TVUPack family of IP transmission solutions gives broadcasters a powerful and reliable tool to distribute live video content for broadcast, online, and mobile platforms. The TVUPack family of solutions has been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events around the world including the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the London Summer Games, U.S. presidential elections, Hurricane Sandy, the 2013 Papal conclave, and the Sochi Winter Olympics.
These TVUPack enhancements as well as other innovative new product releases will be demonstrated at IBC 2014. For more information about TVUPack and other TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvupack.com.
About TVU Networks
TVU Networks provides organizations around the globe with innovative IP video acquisition and distribution solutions. Since its founding in 2005, TVU has provided solutions that enable any size broadcaster to overcome the limitations of traditional broadcasting infrastructure, expand distribution to a wider audience and capture and broadcast live video content in a cost effective way over IP networks. TVU Networks is privately held and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. with offices in New York, Boston, Raleigh, and Shanghai, China. More information about TVU Networks can be found at www.tvupack.com.
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,294
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,117
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 566
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,269
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 628
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,061
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 531
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 973
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,856
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,125
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,364
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,405
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 630
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 552
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,121