|By PR Newswire||
|August 20, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- QUITPLAN® Services is bringing back the popular QuitCash Challenge, with a new twist. Now, to help tobacco users prepare for the month-long quit and win contest coming in May, several shorter practice quit challenges will be held in the coming months, starting at the State Fair. Minnesotans looking to quit are encouraged to sign up for QUITPLAN Services' QuitCash Challenge that gives Minnesota smokers an incentive to quit by offering a $5,000 grand prize. The cash will be awarded to one Minnesotan who quits tobacco use by May 1, 2015, and remains tobacco-free for the entire month of May.
In addition to the month-long contest, several "mini-quit" challenges will be held in the coming months to help participants practice quitting. Each mini-quit is a short challenge of less than two hours without tobacco and provides a chance to win an electronic gift card valued from $100 to $500. Minnesotans interested in finding out more about the contest can visit the QUITPLAN Services State Fair booth to be notified of future mini-quits. Those who sign up at the booth will be entered in a daily drawing for a $25 gift card. More information about the contest, full rules and regulations are available at quitcash.com.
"The QuitCash Challenge is part of QUITPLAN Services' commitment to helping more Minnesotans kick their tobacco habit and live healthier lives," said David Willoughby, Chief Executive Officer of ClearWay MinnesotaSM, the nonprofit organization that runs QUITPLAN Services. "Many smokers want to quit, and the opportunity to use free quit-smoking support, practice quit attempts and the chance to win a cash prize, can be the extra motivation that helps them accomplish their goal."
How the QuitCash Challenge works:
A random drawing of all the eligible month-long contest registrants is used to select the grand prize winner and all winners are required to verify their tobacco-free status. The successful quitter and winner of the month-long challenge will be announced in June. Additional contest details include:
- Sign-ups to be notified of the mini-quit challenges and the month-long QuitCash Challenge open on August 21, 2014, and will be available until April 30, 2015.
- To be notified of mini-quit challenges and the month-long contest, participants can sign up by texting "Enter" to 37619 or signing up online at quitcash.com.
- Visitors to the QUITPLAN Services State Fair booth can sign up for the QuitCash Challenge notifications at the booth, play a QuitCash Challenge bean bag game, and be entered into a daily drawing for a $25 electronic gift card.
- Participants must successfully quit smoking by May 1, 2015, and remain smoke-free for at least the month of May in order to be eligible for the $5,000 grand prize.
- Minnesotans who are current tobacco users and 18 years of age or older are eligible to sign up for the QuitCash Challenge.
- Participants are also encouraged, but not required, to use free support from QUITPLAN Services including free patches, gum and lozenges to help them successfully quit.
Launched by ClearWay Minnesota in 2001, QUITPLAN Services offers all Minnesotans year-round, free access to quit-smoking counseling and provides a menu of free tools to help people quit tobacco. Minnesotans can find out about all the free help to quit smoking available through QUITPLAN Services by visiting quitplan.com or calling 1-888-354-PLAN (7526).
SOURCE QUITPLAN Services
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 481
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,255
Sep. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,842
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,117
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,427
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,828
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,047
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 486
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 472
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,197
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 747
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,563
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 566
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 482