|By Business Wire||
|August 20, 2014 09:33 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that Daybreak Venture, a leader in the provision of comprehensive skilled rehabilitation and nursing care, has deployed Aerohive’s secure wireless networking solution to support EHR access, provide wireless Internet to both residents and guests and ultimately to administer superior patient care.
- Daybreak Venture is a leading provider of long-term and assisted living rehabilitative care in Texas with more than 75 geographically distributed facilities, as well as four additional facilities located in Missouri. With more than 5,400 employees, the organization offers services for skilled nursing, hospice, respite care and long-term care.
- Committed to providing the highest quality of care for its residents, Daybreak Venture began leveraging Wi-Fi-enabled technology to deliver greater services and innovative programs for residents across 20 locations. However, the organization only had Cisco’s controller-based networking technology and lacked the budget to equip the rest of its facilities with Cisco WLAN controllers. The long-term care provider recognized it needed to upgrade to a more cost-effective, centrally managed controller-less networking solution that would enable the organization to implement a comprehensive Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Daybreak Venture evaluated several networking solution providers, but ultimately selected Aerohive for its cost-effective, controller-less solution, strong feature set, central management capability and HIPAA-compliant security standards.
- Daybreak Venture has started deploying Aerohive’s AP121 access points throughout each facility, with plans to conclude the full rollout in the next year. In addition, the organization is also leveraging Aerohive’s HiveManager® Networking Management System for centralized configuration, monitoring and management.
- With Aerohive’s reliable connectivity, Daybreak Venture has installed Point-of-Care workstations, allowing staff to quickly and easily enter patient data and information such as medication activities, vitals and notes, bringing documentation closer to patients and enabling staff to deliver care more efficiently. Additionally, physicians can now access EHR both on site and remotely to improve clinical workflow, decrease oversight and provide constant patient monitoring.
- Since implementing Aerohive, Daybreak Venture has been able to securely deploy a network that supports HIPAA compliance standards, and patient privacy and data protection regulations, as well as provide secure guest access to its residents and visitors.
- To read the full Daybreak Venture case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/resources/daybreak-venture
“From enabling us to install Point-of-Care workstations to putting plans in place for medical personnel to use tablets in their daily care routines, Daybreak Venture is more than pleased with the wireless solution from Aerohive,” said John Valker, CIO, Daybreak Venture. “We highly recommend Aerohive to any medical provider that wants to offer not only enhanced medical care and greater oversight, but to provide Wi-Fi for residents and guests. Daybreak Venture chose Aerohive for its controller-less architecture that has proven to meet our requirements across the board.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Jul. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,286
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,341
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 775
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,156
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,357
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 919
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 628
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 702
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 715
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 786
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,080
Jul. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 767
Jul. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 792
Jul. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,287