|By Marketwired .||
|August 20, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
CINCINNATI, OH -- (Marketwired) -- 08/20/14 -- Ward Group, an Aon Hewitt company and the leading provider of benchmarking and best practices research studies for the insurance industry, conducted its annual business environment survey of insurance company executives to gauge their perspective on the outlook for the insurance industry. Results showed that profitability remains a primary goal of senior leadership in the life, health and annuity, as well as the property-casualty segments, and confidence in the ability to grow revenue and increase profits continues to improve.
The survey focused on how companies are adapting to current economic conditions, examined the challenges and concerns of senior management, and identified where companies are targeting their resources.
"It is clear that companies are making significant investments in technology and hiring staff to meet new business opportunities," noted Jeff Rieder, partner and head of Ward Group. "It will be important for companies to continually measure the success of these initiatives and have employee compensation programs that are aligned with goals to drive results."
Notable findings from the survey include:
- Companies maintain an optimistic outlook:
- 86 percent of property-casualty participants and 94 percent of life participants responded that the industry is about the same or better now than one year ago.
- Only 14 percent of property-casualty participants and 6 percent of life participants felt the current state of the industry is worse than 2013.
- Technology spending is expected to increase by a wide majority of companies:
- 82 percent of property-casualty and 79 percent of life participants are expecting increases in technology spend.
- Commercial underwriting, actuarial and marketing spend followed as the largest expected increases for property-casualty companies by 44, 39 and 35 percent of companies, respectively.
- Enterprise risk management, actuarial and marketing spend followed as the largest expected increases for life companies by 41, 39 and 34 percent of companies, respectively.
- The prolonging low interest rate environment and its negative impact on investment returns continue to be a challenge for the future for both property-casualty and life.
- Profitability and policyholder satisfaction ranked highest in level of importance among the participants, followed by agent satisfaction.
- The most common concerns/challenges facing companies in the future identified by participants are:
- Keeping up with technology needs and managing the associated costs
- Maintaining profitable growth
- Handling exposures related to catastrophes and increasing medical costs
- Uncertainty regarding the regulatory and legal environment
- Low interest rates negatively impacting investment returns
- The impacts of Healthcare Reform
- Recruiting and retaining talent
For a copy of the 2014 Business Environment Survey results, visit www.wardinc.com.
About Ward Group
Ward Group, a McLagan/Aon Hewitt company, is the leading provider of benchmarking and best practices studies for insurance companies. The firm analyzes staff levels, compensation, expenses and business practices for all areas of insurance company operations and helps companies to measure results, optimize performance and improve profitability. For more information about Ward Group and the Ward Research Center, visit www.wardinc.com.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organizations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organizational and personal performance and growth, navigate retirement risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com.
Ward Group Media Contact:
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet condit...
Jul. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,865
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,386
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are ra...
Jul. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,143
In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist of Cloud Services at VMware, reviewed the changes that the cloud computing industry has gone through over the last five years and shared insights into what the next five will bring. He also chronicled the challenges enterprise companies are facing as they move to the public cloud. He delved into the "Hybrid Cloud" space and explained why every CIO should consider ‘hybrid cloud' as part of their future strategy to achie...
Jul. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,435
Jul. 5, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,506
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 5, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,350
Jul. 5, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,478
Jul. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,238
Jul. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,358
Jul. 5, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,290
Jul. 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,594
Jul. 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
Jul. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,531
Jul. 5, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,435
Jul. 5, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,412