|By PR Newswire||
|August 20, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Building upon a decade of experience in mobile application development for the largest brands, Pivotal today announced the availability of Pivotal CF Mobile Services for its market leading Enterprise PaaS, Pivotal CF.
- As mobile applications become increasingly important for competitive differentiation, new services for Pivotal CF provide enterprises the ability to rapidly deliver best-in-class, enterprise-grade mobile applications to customers.
- Through Pivotal CF Mobile Services, IT Operations teams can now offer enterprise developers a range of instant-on, production ready mobile backend services such as Push Notifications, API Gateway and Data Sync all at enterprise standards of compliance and security.
- Pivotal also today announced the Pivotal Cloud Platform Roadshow aimed to meet the growing demand from enterprises for a mobile-first, cloud-first, and developer-first platform from which they can build and deploy great applications. More information at http://www.pivotal.io/cloud-platform-roadshow/.
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, today announced an expansion of services to its enterprise platform-as-a-service (PaaS), Pivotal CF, through the availability of Pivotal CF Mobile Services. The new enterprise-grade services for Pivotal CF give developers and cloud operators a set of advanced mobile capabilities that work with previously announced data services to enable developer self-service productivity and operational efficiency required to build and deploy next-generation applications faster.
With over a billion smartphones in use and 90% of consumers keeping their phones within arm's reach all the time, enterprises are racing to deliver compelling mobile app experiences and capitalize on the massive data exhaust of mobile devices. Pivotal brings years of experience in mobile and big data to Pivotal CF, providing a platform for enterprises to rapidly and continuously deliver scalable, responsive mobile apps that can leverage large volumes and varieties of data.
PaaS is critical for mobile. With mobile devices and operating systems cycling at a rate of less than a year, enterprises need a platform to handle the rapid iterations, instant scaling, and built-for-cloud architectures. Pivotal CF is the ideal solution to give enterprises the speed for continuous delivery and scale while Pivotal CF Mobile Services gives companies a solution where data remains under their control – and not in the hands of third parties – for improved compliance with IT policies and service level agreements, and easier backend system integration.
Informed by the experience of Xtreme Labs (acquired by Pivotal in 2013) in building mobile apps for the world's top brands, which are estimated to have been downloaded over 400 million times, Pivotal CF Mobile Services include backend push notifications, API gateway, and data sync that reduce latency, improve user experience, and simplify mobile development. Enterprises now have the services included in Pivotal CF to build mobile apps that match the best consumer experiences:
- Push Notifications Direct integration with enterprise services behind the firewall, built to scale with full control of data and comprehensive logging and tracking
- API Gateway Transform legacy backend APIs into mobile device-optimized APIs, significantly improving app performance and user experience
- Data Sync Mobile-optimized API to access multiple types of data storage makes it easy for developers to incorporate enterprise data into their apps
Pivotal CF Mobile Services are expected to be generally available in 2014. For pricing details, please contact Pivotal.
Michael Cote, Research Director, 451 Research
"The desire to build mobile application that integrate more tightly with corporate back-ends is rising. Both consumers and business user obviously want to start shifting much of their IT use over to mobile and tablet form factors: we consistently see companies satisfied with the business value achieved with mobile projects. As mobile apps spread more and more into mainstream, these companies will be looking for extended back-end support like Pivotal CF Mobile Services."
James Watters, Vice President Product, Marketing and Ecosystems for Cloud Foundry at Pivotal
"Mobile apps have created new demands on IT, and Pivotal CF along with these new mobile services, give enterprises the ability to achieve continuous delivery, rapidly scale to meet peak demands, and consume huge amounts of data. Pivotal combines its deep data and mobile experience with market leading Pivotal CF to bring enterprises the speed they need to disrupt with software."
- Pivotal Blog: How to Win Mobile App Development
- Press release: Pivotal's Cloud Platform Roadshow Brings Cloud Foundry Expertise Directly to Customers Worldwide
- Computerworld UK: - Adopt agile development for mobile apps or fail says Gartner
- Gartner Report: The Transformation of Mobile Middleware http://gtnr.it/1miBiE2
- More on Pivotal CF Mobile Services http://bit.ly/1w5Tees
Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete. More at www.pivotal.io.
©2014 Pivotal Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Pivotal, Pivotal CF, and Cloud Foundry are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Pivotal Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings EMC Corporation, the parent company of Pivotal, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and Pivotal disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,236
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 181
May. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
May. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,084
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 212
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 168
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,244
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 832
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 225
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,277
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 990
May. 3, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,068
May. 3, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,166
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,056
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 659