|By Marketwired .||
|August 20, 2014 02:08 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 08/20/14 -- Looking for a side of adventure for your next beach trip? Want to go above and beyond for a beach day unlike any other? The travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, are here to help with their 10 Trek-Worthy Beaches around the World. These idyllic spots are far from your average day at the beach. You just need to be willing to put in a little effort to get there!
Here are five "off the beaten path" beaches located in the Americas where the reward is worth the journey:
- Kalalau Beach, Kauai, Hawaii, United States-Rugged and majestic, Kauai's Na Pali Coast will steal anyone's breath. And getting a glimpse of it is no easy feat. After all, this sweeping coastline is largely inaccessible by land; most will only gaze upon it from a helicopter, catamaran or movie theater seat. But there is one way to make the trek on foot -- an 18-kilometre hike along the Kalalau Trail, which crosses cliffs and traverses five valleys before dipping to sea level and ending at Kalalau Beach. The trail is known for being treacherous, but those who conquer it will arrive at this hard-to-reach beach and get a chance to feast their eyes on some truly stunning scenery from a rare vantage point. Hikers can camp behind the beach, but a permit is necessary, and timing is key as the beach typically gets swept away with the winter surf.
- The beaches of Cabo Polonio, Uruguay-No official roads lead to Cabo Polonio; a horseback ride, a healthy walk or a cruise in a four-wheel-drive vehicle are the only modes of transportation that will bring you over the dunes to this village and its beaches. That is, after you first take a four-hour bus ride from Montevideo. Largely devoid of electricity and running water, Cabo Polonio has fewer than 100 residents and sits on a sandy peninsula that serves up different beach experiences on either side -- one side features serious waves, while the other is more sheltered and offers calm waters ideal for swimming. In the off-season, you may even be the only one on these beaches. Don't miss the lighthouse, which was built in the late 1800s, and the colony of sea lions that call Cabo Polonio home.
- Chesterman Beach, Tofino, British Columbia, Canada-Surrounded by pretty houses and bed and breakfasts, Chesterman Beach is one of the top beaches in Tofino -- a district situated along Vancouver Island's western coast. Once you're in the area, Chesterman isn't difficult to access, but getting to Tofino is where the adventure lies. Visitors have a few travel options from mainland British Columbia: fly into Tofino on a local jet or seaplane, take the Tofino Bus, book a shuttle, or take a ferry (departing from either Horseshoe Bay or Tsawwassen) to Nanaimo then drive. Once you make your way to this beach, you'll be treated to three kilometres of white sand, tidepools full of marine life, an ideal place to learn to surf (surf schools offer up lessons), and a chance to walk out to Frank Island at low tide to get a panoramic view of the beach backed by snow-topped mountains.
- Devil's Bay, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands-Quick, but chock full of adventure, the 15-minute trek to Devil's Bay begins at the parking lot at the top of The Baths and passes through vegetation and giant boulders before arriving at the bay and its beach. Crawling, climbing ladders and wading through water are all requisite activities along the way, but at the end of this boulder-filled path is arguably one of Virgin Gorda's most stunning beaches. This geological wonder is a popular tourist spot, so it's best to go early or late to avoid crowds and take full advantage of what's often described as some of the best snorkelling you can find.
- Playa Cocalito, Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica-If you're looking to make like a castaway, Playa Cocalito is the place to do it. You won't see any crowds on this Costa Rican beach -- largely because it's difficult to get here. If you can't get a boat ride from a local fisherman or guide (who will reportedly sometimes barbecue fish on the beach for you), you'll walk at least an hour and a half through jungle from Montezuma. A suspension bridge and plenty of local flora and fauna are all part of the journey. If you'd rather take a horseback tour from Montezuma, that's also an option. Peppered with driftwood and palm trees, Playa Cocalito is deserted and beautiful with smooth sand and calm waters that are great for swimming. Don't miss the El Chorro waterfall (to the north of the beach) with its lava rock swimming pools.
The other beautiful but remote beaches to make our list are: Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Queensland, Australia; Beach on the other side of Emerald Cave, Koh Mook, Thailand; New Chums Beach, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand; Kynance Cove Beach, Lizard, Cornwall, England and Rauðisandur Beach (Red Sands Beach), Westfjords, Iceland. To read the adventurous details on these and see Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 10 Trek-Worthy Beaches around the World, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/10-trek-worthy-beaches-around-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2660809
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 225
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,555
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,549
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 518
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,991
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,605
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 812
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 274
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 195
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 2, 2015 09:45 AM EDT
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Sep. 2, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 557
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 2, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,618
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Sep. 2, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 376
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 2, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,542
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT