|By PR Newswire||
|August 21, 2014 06:53 AM EDT||
LONDON, August 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
MOBO award-winner Laura Mvula is to perform an intimate gig at The Hippodrome Theatre in London's West End to raise money for Centrepoint, the leading charity for homeless young people.
Centrepoint Sessions presents 'An Audience with Laura Mvula', which will take place on Friday 29 August, just 100 tickets will be released for this exclusive show, priced at £100 each; with all funds raised being donated to Centrepoint. The hour long performance will include tracks from Laura's acclaimed debut album 'Sing to the Moon', which has been re-recorded with Dutch jazz orchestra The Metropole Orkest and is now on sale.
Centrepoint supports 8,400 homeless young people a year across London and the north of England. All of the money raised will ensure that homeless 16-25 year-olds not only have a safe place to stay, but receive the vital support in finding work and tackling health problems that they need to leave homelessness behind.
Laura Mvula said: "I'm really glad that we're able to support Centrepoint by doing a show. It's such a great organisation and being able to use music to help get young homeless people off the streets is a huge privilege. Hopefully we raise lots of money!"
To buy tickets for 'An Audience with Laura Mvula' visit: [url/ phone details]
The concert is part of the Centrepoint Sessions series of fundraising concerts, which also featured Jamie Cullum in December 2013. Further events are planned for later this year.
Jonathan Ward, Celebrity & Major Donor Manager at Centrepoint, said: "We are delighted that Laura has taken time out of her busy schedule to raise much needed funds for our work with homeless young people, and at the same time give her fans a unique opportunity to see her perform in such intimate surroundings"
- Centrepoint is the leading charity for homeless young people aged 16-25.
- Centrepoint supports over 8,400 homeless young people a year.
- It provides accommodation-based and floating support services in London and the North of England. These include emergency night shelters and accommodation-based short stay services, as well as specialist services for care leavers, ex-offenders, young single parents, foyers and supported flats.
- Centrepoint's work is about more than just providing a safe bed for the night; Centrepoint helps young people to turn their lives around by gaining essential life skills; tackling their physical and mental health issues and moving into education or employment.
- Through policy work, Centrepoint aims to influence public policy, campaigning on behalf of the young people it supports and homeless young people throughout the UK.
- Founded in 1969, Centrepoint has helped more than 95,000 homeless young people.
- HRH The Duke of Cambridge became Centrepoint's Patron in 2005.
For more information, please visit http://www.centrepoint.org.uk
For more information about Centrepoint, please contact Media & PR Officer Chris Gerrard on +44(0)2074236887/ +44(0)7540678234 or at email@example.com
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 5,348
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 4,717
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 797
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,658
Feb. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 10,965
Feb. 19, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 3,811
Feb. 19, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,532
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 748
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,277
Feb. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,913
Feb. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,846
Feb. 19, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 661
Feb. 18, 2017 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,837
Feb. 18, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 8,571
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 643