|By Business Wire||
|August 21, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
For the first time, Disney Infinity is available in the Nintendo eShop – and it’s free to download. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Disney Infinity – For the first time, Disney Infinity is available in the Nintendo eShop – and it’s free to download. Enjoy online multiplayer and more fun ways to play. Use your Wii U GamePad controller to create your own worlds in the Toy Box or activate missions and unlock toys in Play Sets. With Disney Infinity, the possibilities are endless. (A Disney Infinity Figure and Base, sold separately, are required to play the downloadable version of the game.) Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Mega Man 6 – Every Thursday in August, Nintendo and Capcom are bringing classic Mega Man games to the Virtual Console service in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. This week: Mega Man 6, which originally launched on NES. On the eve of the Grand Championship of the First Annual Robot Tournament, Mr. X announced that the entire tournament was just a scheme to get his hands on the world’s most powerful robots. Mega Man must battle through 16 levels to defeat his ferocious new foe. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Life Force – Blast your way through six stages of intense action and take on wave after wave of enemies, alternating between horizontal- and vertical-scrolling environments. Go at it alone, or invite a friend to pilot another ship and assist in the challenge. Do you have what it takes to save your planet from the monstrous Zelos? Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Xtreme Sports – Choose your hero and master sports like Skateboarding, In-Line Skating, Street Luge, Skyboarding and Surfing to become crowned the Xtreme Sports Champion. Can main characters Guppi and Fin battle their way to the top, or will they fall victim to the mischievous Bonehead Gang? Find out in this original mixture of sports, adventure and role-playing. The game features more than 400 competitors, multiple modes, power-ups and a tropical island lush with secret paths and hidden challenges.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Abyss is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 10 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Chasing Aurora is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Boulder Dash-XL 3D is 66 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $1.69) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 27 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- European Conqueror 3D is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 4 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Aeternoblade is reduced from $14.99 to $9.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 7 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Nano Assault Ex is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Quell Reflect is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Aqua Moto Racing is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 18 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Donkey Kong Jr. Math – Aug. 28 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Aug. 29 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Also new this week:
- Midtown Crazy Race (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- BLAZBLUE -CLONEPHANTASMA- (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Demon King Box (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 1,738
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Feb. 21, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 8,708
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 597
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 635
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 608
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 21, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 5,583
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,078
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,545
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 367
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,167
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,256
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,407
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,582
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 921
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,564