|By Business Wire||
|August 21, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
For the first time, Disney Infinity is available in the Nintendo eShop – and it’s free to download. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Disney Infinity – For the first time, Disney Infinity is available in the Nintendo eShop – and it’s free to download. Enjoy online multiplayer and more fun ways to play. Use your Wii U GamePad controller to create your own worlds in the Toy Box or activate missions and unlock toys in Play Sets. With Disney Infinity, the possibilities are endless. (A Disney Infinity Figure and Base, sold separately, are required to play the downloadable version of the game.) Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Mega Man 6 – Every Thursday in August, Nintendo and Capcom are bringing classic Mega Man games to the Virtual Console service in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. This week: Mega Man 6, which originally launched on NES. On the eve of the Grand Championship of the First Annual Robot Tournament, Mr. X announced that the entire tournament was just a scheme to get his hands on the world’s most powerful robots. Mega Man must battle through 16 levels to defeat his ferocious new foe. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Life Force – Blast your way through six stages of intense action and take on wave after wave of enemies, alternating between horizontal- and vertical-scrolling environments. Go at it alone, or invite a friend to pilot another ship and assist in the challenge. Do you have what it takes to save your planet from the monstrous Zelos? Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Xtreme Sports – Choose your hero and master sports like Skateboarding, In-Line Skating, Street Luge, Skyboarding and Surfing to become crowned the Xtreme Sports Champion. Can main characters Guppi and Fin battle their way to the top, or will they fall victim to the mischievous Bonehead Gang? Find out in this original mixture of sports, adventure and role-playing. The game features more than 400 competitors, multiple modes, power-ups and a tropical island lush with secret paths and hidden challenges.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Abyss is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 10 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Chasing Aurora is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Boulder Dash-XL 3D is 66 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $1.69) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 27 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- European Conqueror 3D is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 4 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Aeternoblade is reduced from $14.99 to $9.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 7 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Nano Assault Ex is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Quell Reflect is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Aqua Moto Racing is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 18 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Donkey Kong Jr. Math – Aug. 28 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Aug. 29 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Also new this week:
- Midtown Crazy Race (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- BLAZBLUE -CLONEPHANTASMA- (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Demon King Box (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,608
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,644
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 271
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 697
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,248
operations aren’t merging to become one discipline. Nor is operations simply going away. Rather, DevOps is leading software development and operations – together with other practices such as security – to collaborate and coexist with less overhead and conflict than in the past. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will discuss what modern operational practices look like in a world in which applications are more loosely coupled, are deve...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,010
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,909
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,227
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 544
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,055
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,115
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,154
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,107
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 16,643
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,416