|By Business Wire||
|August 21, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
For the first time, Disney Infinity is available in the Nintendo eShop – and it’s free to download. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Disney Infinity – For the first time, Disney Infinity is available in the Nintendo eShop – and it’s free to download. Enjoy online multiplayer and more fun ways to play. Use your Wii U GamePad controller to create your own worlds in the Toy Box or activate missions and unlock toys in Play Sets. With Disney Infinity, the possibilities are endless. (A Disney Infinity Figure and Base, sold separately, are required to play the downloadable version of the game.) Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Mega Man 6 – Every Thursday in August, Nintendo and Capcom are bringing classic Mega Man games to the Virtual Console service in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. This week: Mega Man 6, which originally launched on NES. On the eve of the Grand Championship of the First Annual Robot Tournament, Mr. X announced that the entire tournament was just a scheme to get his hands on the world’s most powerful robots. Mega Man must battle through 16 levels to defeat his ferocious new foe. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Life Force – Blast your way through six stages of intense action and take on wave after wave of enemies, alternating between horizontal- and vertical-scrolling environments. Go at it alone, or invite a friend to pilot another ship and assist in the challenge. Do you have what it takes to save your planet from the monstrous Zelos? Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Xtreme Sports – Choose your hero and master sports like Skateboarding, In-Line Skating, Street Luge, Skyboarding and Surfing to become crowned the Xtreme Sports Champion. Can main characters Guppi and Fin battle their way to the top, or will they fall victim to the mischievous Bonehead Gang? Find out in this original mixture of sports, adventure and role-playing. The game features more than 400 competitors, multiple modes, power-ups and a tropical island lush with secret paths and hidden challenges.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Abyss is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 10 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Chasing Aurora is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Boulder Dash-XL 3D is 66 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $1.69) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 27 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- European Conqueror 3D is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 4 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Aeternoblade is reduced from $14.99 to $9.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 7 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Nano Assault Ex is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Quell Reflect is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 11 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Aqua Moto Racing is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 18 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Donkey Kong Jr. Math – Aug. 28 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Aug. 29 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Also new this week:
- Midtown Crazy Race (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- BLAZBLUE -CLONEPHANTASMA- (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Demon King Box (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 733
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 919
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 833
Aug. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 801
Aug. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,416
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,829
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,223
Aug. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,192
Aug. 29, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,021
Aug. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,259
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,909
Aug. 28, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,165
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,071
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,965