|By PR Newswire||
|August 21, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
NEW YORK and MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Creative Realities, LLC ("Creative Realities") and Wireless Ronin Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: RNIN) ("Wireless Ronin") today announced the successful completion of their merger, resulting in one of the largest and most innovative marketing technology solutions companies in the world.
Under the terms of the agreement and as previously announced, Creative Realities merged into a subsidiary of Wireless Ronin, with the sole equity holder of Creative Realities (an affiliate of Pegasus Capital Advisors), receiving approximately 59.2% of the outstanding shares of Wireless Ronin common stock, calculated on a modified fully-diluted basis, including the shares of common stock issued in connection with Wireless Ronin's merger with Broadcast International, Inc. that closed on August 1, 2014. In the transaction, Creative Realities' sole equity holder also received warrants to acquire an additional 1.5% of Wireless Ronin's common stock. The combined companies are now operating under the Creative Realities brand name and will trade on the OTCQB under the ticker symbol RNIN.
Paul Price, previously Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") of Creative Realities has been named CEO of the combined company and will also serve as a director. Scott Koller, previously CEO of Wireless Ronin has been named President of the combined company, and John Walpuck, previously Chief Financial Officer ("CFO") of Wireless Ronin has been named Chief Operating Officer and CFO of the combined company. The combined company will be headquartered in New York, NY with operational facilities in Fairfield, NJ, Minneapolis, MN, Salt Lake City, UT, and Windsor, Ontario.
Commenting on the merger, Paul Price stated, "We are very excited to have completed this merger and look forward to providing our customers, whether retailers, venue operators or brands, with the latest technologies to create better shopping experiences. Collectively, with Wireless Ronin's cloud-based content management platform, Broadcast International's award-winning Managed Media Services platform and Creative Realities' full service approach, we now offer customers a one-stop, single source solution. We truly believe that through the combination of our resources which include the latest innovations in software, display, sensor and mobile technologies, we are better positioned to deliver the most effective marketing technology programs to help improve the in-store engagement of customers, increase customer loyalty and drive increased sales."
Since its inception, Creative Realities has partnered with some of the world's most recognized retailers, venues and brands. Creative Realities provides a host of marketing technology solutions across multiple verticals, including beauty, fashion, consumer packaged goods, digital place-based media networks, electronics, eyewear, financial services, health and wellness, and hospitality. Through the combination of the three companies, Creative Realities counts among its customers Adidas, Adspace, Aramark, Calvin Klein, Caterpillar, Chrysler, KFC, Macy's, Nestle, Rite Aid, Sunglass Hut, and many more.
Price continued, "We see significant growth opportunities for our company both near- and long-term, and with both existing and new global customers. Companies no longer need to work with multiple vendors as we can provide them with a full-service offering that begins in the planning and design stage and runs all the way through in-store implementation. Furthermore, we have the tools and wherewithal to help retailers and brands effectively manage their programs upon roll-out, while quickly adapting to consumer preferences and any changes in their strategies. The seniority of our management team and their collective experiences across marketing categories and technologies represent a truly unique combination of talents to help retailers and brands leverage marketing technology."
In conjunction with the closing of the merger, the combined company is providing limited guidance for the financial performance of the combined company. The combined company expects combined 2014 revenue to be in a range of $23-26 million, and Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA), a non-GAAP measure, to be approximately breakeven for the full calendar year 2014. The company does not, however, intend to provide ongoing guidance on the company's future financial performance.
Additionally, the company disclosed today that the Board of Directors will comprise five members. In this regard, Alec Machiels, Partner with Pegasus Capital Advisors will serve as chairman of the board and he will be joined by Paul Price, David Bell, Kent Lillemoe and Don Harris. Below are summary biographies of these persons.
- Alec Machiels is a Partner at Pegasus. Mr. Machiels is a member of the firm's Executive and Investment Committees. He has over 15 years of private equity investing and investment banking experience. Previously, Mr. Machiels was a Financial Analyst in the Financial Services Group at Goldman Sachs International in London and in the Private Equity Group at Goldman Sachs and Co. in New York. Investments in which he has been highly involved in include Pure Biofuels, Molycorp Minerals, Traxys, Slipstream Communications, Coffeyville Resources, and Merisant Company. He also served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the American Federation of Arts where he chaired the endowment committee. Mr. Machiels is a graduate of Harvard Business School, KU Leuven Law School in Belgium and Konstanz University in Germany.
- Paul Price is Chief Executive Officer of Creative Realities. Leading its innovative combination of experience planning, design, deployment and support services, he has rapidly evolved Creative Realities from a digital signage company into an integrated creative technology firm, focused on bridging the virtual and physical worlds. Paul's marketing career spans 25 years, consulting to leading marketers such as ExxonMobil, Coca-Cola, Macy's and Pfizer. He has led multiple marketing services companies across direct marketing, digital, brand identity and advertising disciplines, as well as cross-functional combinations for large global clients at Omnicom. Paul's success is marked by a collaborative management style that encourages innovative, consumer-centric approaches to the marketing challenge of the 21st century, particularly the impact of new marketing technology. His extensive career as a marketing and brand advisor spans almost every category, from retail to packaged goods, technology to services and healthcare. Paul has garnered numerous industry honors and awards — most recently, he was chosen as a 2011 Global Innovator by The Internationalist and named in the 2009 Advertising Age A-List. His thought leadership in marketing technology has led to a number of speaking engagements in the US and worldwide.
- David Bell brings over 40 years of advertising and marketing industry experience to the board, including serving as CEO of three of the largest companies in the industry–Bozell Worldwide, True North Communications and The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. Since 2007, Mr. Bell has led Slipstream Communications, which is an international company providing strategic branding, digital marketing, and public relations services and served as a Senior Advisor to Google Inc. from 2006 to 2009. He is currently a Senior Advisor to AOL and has been an Operating Advisor at Pegasus Capital Advisors since 2004. Mr. Bell currently holds positions on early-stage company boards including Double Verify, Your Tango, Resonate Networks, Appinions, and Dstillery. He has also served on the boards of multiple publicly-traded companies, including President and CEO of The Interpublic Group of Companies Inc. from 2003 to 2005 and Director of Primedia Inc. from 2001 to 2010.
- Kent Lillemoe, an independent financial consultant, brings over 30 years of finance and financial management expertise with both public and private companies such as MinuteClinic, Envoy Medical Corporation, Fargo Electronics, Avanti Optics Corporation, and CyberOptics Corporation. Mr. Lillemoe served as Chief Financial Officer of MinuteClinic, resulting in a sale of the company to CVS/Caremark. Mr. Lillemoe also served as a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee of Fargo Electronics until its sale in 2006. Additionally, Mr. Lillemoe has served on the Board of Directors of Wireless Ronin since 2011.
- Donald A. Harris has been an Independent Director of Broadcast International, Inc. since June of 2012. He is currently President of 1162 Management, the General Partner of 5 Star Partnership, a private equity firm, a position he's held since June 2006. Mr. Harris was President and Chief Executive Officer of UbiquiTel Inc., a telecommunications company organized by Mr. Harris and other investors since its inception in September 1999. He also served as UbiquiTel's Chairman since May 2000. Mr. Harris served as the President of Comcast Cellular Communications Inc. from March 1992 to March 1997.
In connection with the merger, the combined company sold $5.19 million of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock to institutional and accredited investors, including an additional investment from an affiliate of Pegasus Capital Advisors. The preferred stock entitles its holders to a 6% dividend, payable semi-annually in cash or in kind, and may be converted into common stock at the option of a holder at an initial conversion price of $0.40 per share. Subject to certain conditions, the company may call and redeem the preferred shares after three years. During such time as a majority of the preferred stock sold remains outstanding, holders will have the right to elect a member to the Board of Directors. Purchasers of the preferred stock also received five-year warrants to purchase an aggregate of 6.49 million shares of common stock at a per-share price of $0.50. The securities offered were not registered under the Securities Act of 1933 and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
About Creative Realities
Creative Realities (www.cri.com) helps retailers and brands use the latest technologies to improve the shopping experience. Founded 16 years ago, the firm's evolving client base has led to recognized leadership in marketing technology, consulting, design, and deployment. The firm has worked with brands such as Footlocker, Bank of America, Calvin Klein, Macy's, Sunglass Hut, Under Armour and 7-Eleven, among other Global Fortune 500 companies, to design, build and manage marketing technology-based experiences that drive business results.
This release contains certain forward-looking statements of expected future developments, as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements reflect managements' present expectations and estimates regarding the expected benefits of the merger, management plans relating to the merger, operating efficiencies expected to result from the merger, increased revenue opportunities, potential new markets, cost savings and the ability of the combined company to effectively compete in a highly competitive market. Nevertheless, and despite the fact that management's expectations and estimates are based on assumptions management believes to be reasonable and data management believes to be reliable actual results from the potential transaction are subject to future risks and uncertainties, any of which could materially affect actual performance. Risks and uncertainties that could affect such performance include, but are not limited to, the following: the adequacy of funds for future operations; estimates of future expenses, revenue and profitability; the pace at which the combined company completes installations and recognizes revenue; trends affecting financial condition and results of operations; ability to convert proposals into customer orders; the ability of customers to pay for products and services; the revenue recognition impact of changing customer requirements; customer cancellations; the availability and terms of additional capital; ability to develop new products; dependence on key suppliers, manufacturers and strategic partners; industry trends and the competitive environment; the impact of the combined company's financial condition upon customer and prospective customer relationships, the impact of losing one or more senior executives or failing to attract additional key personnel; and operating costs, customer loss and business disruption may be greater than expected following the merger. These and other risk factors are discussed in Wireless Ronin's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC.
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Creative Realities, LLC
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,419
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 795
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 645
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 6, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,391
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 593
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,226
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,073
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 6, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,344
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 6, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,316
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 6, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,430
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,445
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 6, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,407
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,494