|By PR Newswire||
|August 21, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
NEW YORK and MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Creative Realities, LLC ("Creative Realities") and Wireless Ronin Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: RNIN) ("Wireless Ronin") today announced the successful completion of their merger, resulting in one of the largest and most innovative marketing technology solutions companies in the world.
Under the terms of the agreement and as previously announced, Creative Realities merged into a subsidiary of Wireless Ronin, with the sole equity holder of Creative Realities (an affiliate of Pegasus Capital Advisors), receiving approximately 59.2% of the outstanding shares of Wireless Ronin common stock, calculated on a modified fully-diluted basis, including the shares of common stock issued in connection with Wireless Ronin's merger with Broadcast International, Inc. that closed on August 1, 2014. In the transaction, Creative Realities' sole equity holder also received warrants to acquire an additional 1.5% of Wireless Ronin's common stock. The combined companies are now operating under the Creative Realities brand name and will trade on the OTCQB under the ticker symbol RNIN.
Paul Price, previously Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") of Creative Realities has been named CEO of the combined company and will also serve as a director. Scott Koller, previously CEO of Wireless Ronin has been named President of the combined company, and John Walpuck, previously Chief Financial Officer ("CFO") of Wireless Ronin has been named Chief Operating Officer and CFO of the combined company. The combined company will be headquartered in New York, NY with operational facilities in Fairfield, NJ, Minneapolis, MN, Salt Lake City, UT, and Windsor, Ontario.
Commenting on the merger, Paul Price stated, "We are very excited to have completed this merger and look forward to providing our customers, whether retailers, venue operators or brands, with the latest technologies to create better shopping experiences. Collectively, with Wireless Ronin's cloud-based content management platform, Broadcast International's award-winning Managed Media Services platform and Creative Realities' full service approach, we now offer customers a one-stop, single source solution. We truly believe that through the combination of our resources which include the latest innovations in software, display, sensor and mobile technologies, we are better positioned to deliver the most effective marketing technology programs to help improve the in-store engagement of customers, increase customer loyalty and drive increased sales."
Since its inception, Creative Realities has partnered with some of the world's most recognized retailers, venues and brands. Creative Realities provides a host of marketing technology solutions across multiple verticals, including beauty, fashion, consumer packaged goods, digital place-based media networks, electronics, eyewear, financial services, health and wellness, and hospitality. Through the combination of the three companies, Creative Realities counts among its customers Adidas, Adspace, Aramark, Calvin Klein, Caterpillar, Chrysler, KFC, Macy's, Nestle, Rite Aid, Sunglass Hut, and many more.
Price continued, "We see significant growth opportunities for our company both near- and long-term, and with both existing and new global customers. Companies no longer need to work with multiple vendors as we can provide them with a full-service offering that begins in the planning and design stage and runs all the way through in-store implementation. Furthermore, we have the tools and wherewithal to help retailers and brands effectively manage their programs upon roll-out, while quickly adapting to consumer preferences and any changes in their strategies. The seniority of our management team and their collective experiences across marketing categories and technologies represent a truly unique combination of talents to help retailers and brands leverage marketing technology."
In conjunction with the closing of the merger, the combined company is providing limited guidance for the financial performance of the combined company. The combined company expects combined 2014 revenue to be in a range of $23-26 million, and Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA), a non-GAAP measure, to be approximately breakeven for the full calendar year 2014. The company does not, however, intend to provide ongoing guidance on the company's future financial performance.
Additionally, the company disclosed today that the Board of Directors will comprise five members. In this regard, Alec Machiels, Partner with Pegasus Capital Advisors will serve as chairman of the board and he will be joined by Paul Price, David Bell, Kent Lillemoe and Don Harris. Below are summary biographies of these persons.
- Alec Machiels is a Partner at Pegasus. Mr. Machiels is a member of the firm's Executive and Investment Committees. He has over 15 years of private equity investing and investment banking experience. Previously, Mr. Machiels was a Financial Analyst in the Financial Services Group at Goldman Sachs International in London and in the Private Equity Group at Goldman Sachs and Co. in New York. Investments in which he has been highly involved in include Pure Biofuels, Molycorp Minerals, Traxys, Slipstream Communications, Coffeyville Resources, and Merisant Company. He also served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the American Federation of Arts where he chaired the endowment committee. Mr. Machiels is a graduate of Harvard Business School, KU Leuven Law School in Belgium and Konstanz University in Germany.
- Paul Price is Chief Executive Officer of Creative Realities. Leading its innovative combination of experience planning, design, deployment and support services, he has rapidly evolved Creative Realities from a digital signage company into an integrated creative technology firm, focused on bridging the virtual and physical worlds. Paul's marketing career spans 25 years, consulting to leading marketers such as ExxonMobil, Coca-Cola, Macy's and Pfizer. He has led multiple marketing services companies across direct marketing, digital, brand identity and advertising disciplines, as well as cross-functional combinations for large global clients at Omnicom. Paul's success is marked by a collaborative management style that encourages innovative, consumer-centric approaches to the marketing challenge of the 21st century, particularly the impact of new marketing technology. His extensive career as a marketing and brand advisor spans almost every category, from retail to packaged goods, technology to services and healthcare. Paul has garnered numerous industry honors and awards — most recently, he was chosen as a 2011 Global Innovator by The Internationalist and named in the 2009 Advertising Age A-List. His thought leadership in marketing technology has led to a number of speaking engagements in the US and worldwide.
- David Bell brings over 40 years of advertising and marketing industry experience to the board, including serving as CEO of three of the largest companies in the industry–Bozell Worldwide, True North Communications and The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. Since 2007, Mr. Bell has led Slipstream Communications, which is an international company providing strategic branding, digital marketing, and public relations services and served as a Senior Advisor to Google Inc. from 2006 to 2009. He is currently a Senior Advisor to AOL and has been an Operating Advisor at Pegasus Capital Advisors since 2004. Mr. Bell currently holds positions on early-stage company boards including Double Verify, Your Tango, Resonate Networks, Appinions, and Dstillery. He has also served on the boards of multiple publicly-traded companies, including President and CEO of The Interpublic Group of Companies Inc. from 2003 to 2005 and Director of Primedia Inc. from 2001 to 2010.
- Kent Lillemoe, an independent financial consultant, brings over 30 years of finance and financial management expertise with both public and private companies such as MinuteClinic, Envoy Medical Corporation, Fargo Electronics, Avanti Optics Corporation, and CyberOptics Corporation. Mr. Lillemoe served as Chief Financial Officer of MinuteClinic, resulting in a sale of the company to CVS/Caremark. Mr. Lillemoe also served as a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee of Fargo Electronics until its sale in 2006. Additionally, Mr. Lillemoe has served on the Board of Directors of Wireless Ronin since 2011.
- Donald A. Harris has been an Independent Director of Broadcast International, Inc. since June of 2012. He is currently President of 1162 Management, the General Partner of 5 Star Partnership, a private equity firm, a position he's held since June 2006. Mr. Harris was President and Chief Executive Officer of UbiquiTel Inc., a telecommunications company organized by Mr. Harris and other investors since its inception in September 1999. He also served as UbiquiTel's Chairman since May 2000. Mr. Harris served as the President of Comcast Cellular Communications Inc. from March 1992 to March 1997.
In connection with the merger, the combined company sold $5.19 million of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock to institutional and accredited investors, including an additional investment from an affiliate of Pegasus Capital Advisors. The preferred stock entitles its holders to a 6% dividend, payable semi-annually in cash or in kind, and may be converted into common stock at the option of a holder at an initial conversion price of $0.40 per share. Subject to certain conditions, the company may call and redeem the preferred shares after three years. During such time as a majority of the preferred stock sold remains outstanding, holders will have the right to elect a member to the Board of Directors. Purchasers of the preferred stock also received five-year warrants to purchase an aggregate of 6.49 million shares of common stock at a per-share price of $0.50. The securities offered were not registered under the Securities Act of 1933 and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
About Creative Realities
Creative Realities (www.cri.com) helps retailers and brands use the latest technologies to improve the shopping experience. Founded 16 years ago, the firm's evolving client base has led to recognized leadership in marketing technology, consulting, design, and deployment. The firm has worked with brands such as Footlocker, Bank of America, Calvin Klein, Macy's, Sunglass Hut, Under Armour and 7-Eleven, among other Global Fortune 500 companies, to design, build and manage marketing technology-based experiences that drive business results.
This release contains certain forward-looking statements of expected future developments, as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements reflect managements' present expectations and estimates regarding the expected benefits of the merger, management plans relating to the merger, operating efficiencies expected to result from the merger, increased revenue opportunities, potential new markets, cost savings and the ability of the combined company to effectively compete in a highly competitive market. Nevertheless, and despite the fact that management's expectations and estimates are based on assumptions management believes to be reasonable and data management believes to be reliable actual results from the potential transaction are subject to future risks and uncertainties, any of which could materially affect actual performance. Risks and uncertainties that could affect such performance include, but are not limited to, the following: the adequacy of funds for future operations; estimates of future expenses, revenue and profitability; the pace at which the combined company completes installations and recognizes revenue; trends affecting financial condition and results of operations; ability to convert proposals into customer orders; the ability of customers to pay for products and services; the revenue recognition impact of changing customer requirements; customer cancellations; the availability and terms of additional capital; ability to develop new products; dependence on key suppliers, manufacturers and strategic partners; industry trends and the competitive environment; the impact of the combined company's financial condition upon customer and prospective customer relationships, the impact of losing one or more senior executives or failing to attract additional key personnel; and operating costs, customer loss and business disruption may be greater than expected following the merger. These and other risk factors are discussed in Wireless Ronin's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC.
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Creative Realities, LLC
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Feb. 25, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,854
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,514
In the enterprise today, connected IoT devices are everywhere – both inside and outside corporate environments. The need to identify, manage, control and secure a quickly growing web of connections and outside devices is making the already challenging task of security even more important, and onerous. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Rich Boyer, CISO and Chief Architect for Security at NTT i3, will discuss new ways of thinking and the approaches needed to address the emerging challenges of securit...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,638
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,346
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today's global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,045
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Carter, CEO of Approyo, will discuss the basic set up and solution for an SAP solution in the cloud and what it means to the viability of your company. Chris Carter is CEO of Approyo. He works with business around the globe, to assist them in their journey to the usage of Big Data in the forms of Hadoop (Cloudera and Hortonwork's) and SAP HANA. At Approyo, we support firms who are looking for knowledge to grow through current business process, where even...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 864
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 7,717
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 25, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 2,158
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,139
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,244
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,332
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,634
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,059
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 7,994
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 5,787