|By PR Newswire||
|August 21, 2014 01:35 PM EDT||
PURCHASE, N.Y. and QUINCY, Mass., Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Following a recall by nSpired Natural Foods, Inc., The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it removed from sale MaraNatha Almond Butters and Peanut Butters due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
- MaraNatha Organic No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109235, with a use by date range of 04JAN15 thru 27JUN15
- MaraNatha Organic No Stir Crunchy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109236, with a use by date range of 05JAN15 thru 28JUN15
- MaraNatha No Stir Creamy Almond Butter, 12 oz., UPC 05165109368, with a use by date range of 12DEC14 thru 21JUL15
- MaraNatha No Stir Crunchy Almond Butter, 12 oz., UPC 05165109369, with a use by date range of 17DEC14 thru 20JUL15
- MaraNatha Roasted Creamy Almond Butter, 16 oz., UPC 05165106032, with a use by date range of 24DEC14 thru 17JUN15
- MaraNatha No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109221, with a use by date range of 06JAN15 thru 20MAY15
- MaraNatha Organic Creamy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109232, with a use by date range of 03JAN15 thru 25JUN15
- MaraNatha Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter with Salt, 16 oz., UPC 05165109233, with a use by date range of 02JAN15 thru 15MAY15
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter, 16 oz., UPC 07433347032, with a use by date range of 31DEC14 thru 14MAY15
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Creamy Peanut Butter, 16 oz., UPC 07433347052, with a use by date range of 31DEC14 thru 14MAY15
Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call nSpired Natural Foods Customer Care at 1-800-937-7008. In addition customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at 1-800-767-7772 for more information. Customers can also visit the Stop & Shop website at www.stopandshop.com.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 59,000 associates and operates 395 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.
SOURCE Stop & Shop
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,708
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,644
Sep. 29, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,727
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,483
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,412
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,274
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,936
Sep. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,180
Sep. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,672
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,472
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,679
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 525
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,761
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,052