|By Marketwired .||
|August 21, 2014 04:28 PM EDT||
MISSION, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 08/21/14 -- (Family Features) Each new season brings fresh trends in fashion and style. As you're exploring new arts and crafts ideas this year, fall in love with new looks that celebrate luxurious coziness you can wear, and embrace the outdoors with nature-inspired gifts with a masculine flair with these project ideas from the crafting experts at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Soft hues, textures
Unplug from the world and relax with soft textures and soothing hues that provide peace and serenity with a Chunky Braided Scarf. Thick woven layers make the scarf practical and warm, while the yarn texture and colors let you show your fashion-forward style. To make your scarf extra trendy this season, choose unexpected fall colors, such as pastels, to make a statement.
Though crafting is often geared toward feminine tastes, the more masculine looks that are in style this fall make it easy to explore a manly approach to arts and crafts. Wood and natural details provide a distinctly more macho look, as with the Classic Literature Bookmark, which not only reflects the season's trend but also makes for a useful gift or trinket for the man in your life.
For more fashionable fall craft ideas, visit www.joann.com.
Chunky Braided Scarf
Project Courtesy of www.GirlLovesGlam.com for Jo-Ann
Crafting Time: 3-5 hours
Skill Level: No Experience Necessary
Supplies and Tools:
2 different colors of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn
1. Cut one color of yarn into 24 60-inch pieces. Rubber band eight pieces of yarn together to create a section.
2. Clip three sections to skirt hanger and braid together.
3. Cut second color of yarn into 24 60-inch pieces. Rubber band eight pieces of yarn together to create a section.
4. Clip three sections to skirt hanger next to previous braid. Braid new braid together, pulling one side of new braid through loops of first braid so they start connecting.
5. Repeat steps until this has been done with five braids total, making braids on end a different color than middle three braids.
6. Tie off ends of braids with suede cord and trim down to be same length.
Classic Literature Bookmark
Project Courtesy of www.simplesimonandco.com for Jo-Ann
Crafting Time: Under 1 hour
Skill Level: Some Experience Necessary
Supplies and Tools:
Bag of leather scraps
Leather cutting tool
Wood burning tool
Sharp tool to punch through leather
1. Cut leather scrap to desired size rectangle for book mark.
2. Sketch a pattern onto leather with pencil.
3. Sketch image of choice onto wooden tag.
4. Using wood burning tool, burn leather pattern and wood image.
5. Punch hole through top of leather strip.
6. Thread twine through leather and wooden tag and tie off.
Suggestion: Practice using the wood burning tool on some scrap leather and extra wooden tags before attempting final project to get a feel for how it handles on each material.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2662466
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2662469
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,928
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,330
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,359
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 436
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,176
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,611
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,517
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,768
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,958
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,758
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,937
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,599
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,178
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,144
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,116