|By PR Newswire||
|August 25, 2014 10:49 AM EDT||
WALTHAM, Mass., Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IMN, the digital marketing company that delivers branded newsletters and content for vertical markets, today unveiled the results of its third annual multi-industry content marketing survey. IMN polled marketers to better understand the current state of their content marketing programs and how those programs fit into their overarching marketing strategies.
The results revealed that while 76 percent of marketers classify content marketing as a medium or high priority in their overall marketing plan, nearly 40 percent are still dedicating less than 10 percent of the marketing budget to it. As a result of these shoestring budgets, content marketing programs are suffering—46 percent of respondents feel that their content is OK, but leaves room for improvement to position their company as an industry thought leader.
"The majority of organizations surveyed see content marketing as an important business tool to build awareness and establish credibility," said Steve Henning, senior director at IMN. "But, the survey also highlighted a troubling trend for marketers – shoestring budgets and ad-hoc approaches continue to constrain content marketing efforts. This is problematic for marketers charged with effectively reaching prospects and customers and positioning their company as a thought leader."
Additional key survey findings include:
- Marketers are adapting content for use across a variety of channels without having channel-specific strategies in place. Nearly 80 percent of marketers are adapting content for use across a variety of channels, yet almost 60 percent don't have separate content strategies for each channel. For those with channel-specific strategies, they were most often in place for email (93 percent), corporate websites (93 percent), social media (86 percent) and newsletters (71 percent).
- Approximately one third of content marketers are "winging it." For 30 percent of respondents, content marketing is an ad-hoc effort with no formal program in place. One third of respondents either don't measure the ROI of their program at all, or don't know whether the return justifies the investment. Additionally, 60 percent of marketers aren't using an editorial calendar.
- Content marketing goals change, but challenges remain the same. This year, respondents cited the primary goal of content marketing to be awareness, whereas in 2013, increased leads was the main objective. Finding and sourcing engaging content was cited in both years as the primary challenge in implementing a content marketing strategy.
- Newsletters are increasingly cited as one of the most effective content marketing vehicles. Sixty percent of respondents cited newsletters to be one of the most effective content marketing vehicles to date (up from 42 percent of respondents last year). Three quarters of respondents use content in a newsletter that is sent to customers and prospects and 60 percent of respondents that distribute newsletters send them monthly.
Broken down by specific industries, the survey results revealed the following trends:
- Marketers in the automotive industry have more formal content marketing programs than other industries; however, resource constraints are a bigger problem than in other verticals. More than 45 percent of automotive marketers cited resources as their primary challenge, compared with 23 percent of overall respondents. Automotive marketers also use newsletters more than other industries—92 percent of respondents use content in a newsletter (compared with 75 percent overall).
- The banking and financial services industry is the only vertical that uses open rates for email blasts as the primary measure of success for the content marketing program. Given the regulations this vertical needs to comply with, nearly half of respondents worry about trademark, copyright and citation issues arising, and, as a result, 38 percent of respondents have outsourced content marketing efforts.
To request the detailed survey report, visit the IMN website (click here).
iMakeNews, Inc. (IMN) is the digital marketing company that delivers branded newsletters and custom content for the automotive, direct selling, banking and financial services, and franchise industries. For more information, visit imninc.com, follow on Twitter @loyaltydriver, or connect on the IMN Facebook page.
SOURCE iMakeNews, Inc.
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,721
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,104
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,119
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,042
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,220
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,861
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,190
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,991
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 989
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 985
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 885
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,246
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,106
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,544