|By Business Wire||
|August 26, 2014 03:08 AM EDT||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report, which tracks PBX phone systems, voice over IP gateways, unified communications (UC) applications, and IP phones.
“The trends we reported on the enterprise telephony market in the first quarter of 2014 carried over into the second quarter, with the PBX market continuing to take hits as businesses evaluate cloud alternatives and hold onto existing solutions while investing in unified communications (UC) applications,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers continues: “UC applications once again proved their resiliency, with worldwide revenue increasing 31% in the second quarter of 2014 over the year-ago quarter as the demand for tools to provide increased productivity and employee flexibility continues to fuel growth.”
- Globally, PBX revenue (TDM, hybrid, pure IP) sank 6% year-over-year in 2Q14 and is nearly flat (-1%) sequentially
- Enterprise spending remains conservative overall, with low priority being given to telephony upgrades and expansion on the premises side
- 2Q14 PBX line shipments are down 3% from the year-ago quarter
- Unit shipments of IP deskphones grew 4% in 2Q14 from 1Q14
- Asia Pacific posted solid year-over-year PBX revenue growth in 2Q14, while North America had the toughest quarter of any region
- The leading vendor in the unified communications market, Microsoft, continues to grow on the telephony front and was 1 of only 3 vendors to post year-over-year PBX revenue growth (+4%) in 2Q14
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, and analysis for TDM PBXs, hybrid and pure IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, and IP deskphones and softphones. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Audiocodes, Avaya, Cisco, Ericsson-LG Enterprise, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Toshiba, Unify, Yealink, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Cloud PBX and unified communication services a $12 billion market by 2018
- 8x8 CEO dares analyst Diane Myers to take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge [VIDEO]
- $1 trillion to be spent on telecom and datacom equipment and software over next 5 years
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard [email protected] +1-408-583-3335
N. A. (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne [email protected] +1-408-583-3395
Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song [email protected] +86-21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics [email protected] +81-3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP [email protected] +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 706
Aug. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,438
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,332
Aug. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,609
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 482
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 622
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 628
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,349
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,964
Aug. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,959
Aug. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,893
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 760
Aug. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 609
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 793
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 672