|By PR Newswire||
|August 26, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
MILPITAS, Calif., Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ABBYY® USA, a leading global provider of document recognition, data capture, and linguistic technologies and professional services, today announced Lingvo x6, the newest version of the company's premium multilingual dictionary software. With this update, Lingvo now includes a new, intuitive user interface for power users, provides users with faster response during start-up and search, and enhanced dictionaries, as well as offers exclusive grammar lessons from Oxford University Press.
"ABBYY Lingvo x6 sets a new standard for user experience in translation software," said Joe Budelli, senior vice president of sales for ABBYY USA. "Our aim is to deliver near-instant translations with its new interface and functionality. With this latest release, both enterprises and individuals can quickly and accurately translate words and documents, saving time and cutting costs in the process."
ABBYY Lingvo is a multilingual translation dictionary software that incorporates the world's most trusted dictionaries like Oxford University Press and HarperCollins Publishers. With a new German-Russian dictionary, significant updates for English and Spanish dictionaries and the ability to search for key terms in economics, transportation, service equipment and management categories, Lingvo x6 allows users more ways to customize the software to fit specific needs and gain more value out of their translation software and processes.
Key features include:
- Faster than using a browser: Looking up words in ABBYY Lingvo x6 is even faster than looking them up online. Users can position the mouse pointer over any word on the screen and a small pop-up window with translations of the word displayed. This function works twice as fast as in the previous generation.
- Easy-to-use search features: Get meanings of words in seconds via the new interface. The window with entries now has its own search bar, which works popular search engines including auto-completion suggestions when you misspell a word.
- Grammar lessons from Oxford University Press: ABBYY Lingvo x6 includes "Test it, Fix it" grammar lessons from Oxford University Press for pre-intermediate and intermediate learners. Lessons are based on fixing mistakes and learning from them. Users can select a theme, complete a lesson and the program will indicate which answers were right and wrong. Every lesson comes with a handy grammar reference, allowing users to fix any incorrect answer and progress from your mistakes.
- Vocabulary building application: ABBYY Lingvo x6 includes Tutor, a vocabulary building app that lets users create a list of words they want to learn, including words from pop-up translations, and then memorize these words by completing lessons. Tutor supports all of the languages available in Lingvo and includes an easy-to-use lesson scheduling feature.
- Updated and expanded dictionary set: The general-purpose English dictionary has been updated with several thousand words and phrases, including the newest terms to enter into common usage. The Spanish-Russian dictionary has been significantly expanded. New dictionaries of commonly used words and phrases for German and English have been added - containing 80,000 German entries.
- Editions, languages and prices: ABBYY Lingvo x6 is available in three editions that vary by number of supported languages: the English version, the European version (includes dictionaries for 9 European languages), and the Multilingual version (includes dictionaries for 19 languages).
Availability and Pricing
ABBYY Lingvo x6 English version costs $39.99. All versions of ABBYY Lingvo x6 are currently available at http://www.abbyy.com/translation_dictionary/, and from ABBYY's partners worldwide.
ABBYY is a leading provider of document recognition, data capture and linguistic technologies and services. Its key products include the ABBYY FineReader line of optical character recognition (OCR) applications, ABBYY FlexiCapture line of data capture solutions, ABBYY Lingvo dictionary software, and development tools. ABBYY Language Services provides comprehensive linguistic solutions to corporate customers. Paper-intensive organizations from all over the world use ABBYY solutions to automate time- and labor-consuming tasks and to streamline business processes. ABBYY products are used in large-scale government projects such as those of Australian Taxation Office, Lithuanian Tax Inspectorate, Ministry of Education of Russia, Ministry of Education of Ukraine, Montgomery County Government of the USA, and Government of Canada. Companies that license ABBYY technologies include Canon, EMC/Captiva, Hewlett-Packard, KnowledgeLake, Microsoft, NewSoft, Notable Solutions, Samsung Electronics and more. ABBYY OCR applications are shipped with equipment from the world's top manufacturers such as Epson, Fujitsu, Fuji Xerox, Microtek, Panasonic, Plustek, Ricoh, Toshiba, and Xerox. ABBYY is headquartered in Moscow, Russia, with offices in Germany, the UK, the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Cyprus, Australia, Japan and Taiwan. For more information, visit www.abbyy.com.
ABBYY, the ABBYY Logo, FineReader, ADRT, Lingvo, FlexiCapture, Recognition Server, and PDF Transformer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ABBYY Software Ltd. Other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby recognized.
SOURCE ABBYY USA
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,634
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,856
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,833
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,068
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,368
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,566
Sep. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,645
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,048
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,414
Sep. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,086
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,766
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 950
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,552
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,675
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,960