|By Business Wire||
|August 26, 2014 09:09 AM EDT||
Every day, more than 100 million Americans head to work. The majority of these workers perform critically important jobs that often go unrecognized. Kronos Incorporated today launched a new online video series titled “1 in One Hundred Million™” that tells the personal stories of the people who bring drive, skill, passion, and purpose to these many jobs.
- The Kronos “1 in One Hundred Million” video series features interviews by Lea Thau, a Peabody Award-winning producer and director, who created The Moth Radio Hour and produces and hosts the podcast “Strangers”.
- “1 in One Hundred Million” is directed by five-time Emmy® award-winning director and producer Alan Chebot, founder of Parallax Productions and best known for the nationally syndicated TV series “The Wild Wild Web” and acclaimed documentary “Song for New Orleans”.
- Kronos will release the “1 in One Hundred Million” video series online to celebrate today’s workforce, with the first story debuting during the U.S. Labor Day holiday week and featuring a 34-year firefighting veteran.
A trailer for the series can be found at www.1in100Million.com
and showcases the first three episodes that will be released:
- “Where There’s Smoke…” highlights the camaraderie and commitment of a firefighting crew led by a 34-year veteran lieutenant.
- “Preparation is the Key” follows an emergency room/trauma nurse through a level-three trauma center at a city hospital. Her dedication, years of training, and cool head under pressure provide hope for each patient that comes into her care.
- “Produce Pro” tells the story of a man who came to America from Guatemala at the age of 17. Today, after more than 20 years at the same family-owned grocer, he’s living the American Dream after raising a family and sending his eldest son to college.
- Viewers of “1 in One Hundred Million” may subscribe to be alerted as future episodes are posted.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“Many of the personal stories of today’s workforce often go untold and unrecognized. These individuals are dedicated, spirited, and passionate about their jobs – which are often critical roles we rely on every day. We’re proud to celebrate the people who reflect the character and commitment of today’s workforce.”
- Lea Thau, Peabody Award-winning producer, director, and storyteller
“My passion has always been storytelling. The ‘1 in One Hundred Million’ series is an opportunity to tell the story of people who do the real work, whose touching stories have been both fascinating and inspiring. These hard-working people truly rise above and make a difference in their communities.”
- See the trailer and follow the video series online at 1in100million.com.
- Comment on and share the stories via social media with #1in100MM.
- Learn more about Lea Thau’s work at www.storycentral.org, and listen to her “Strangers” series.
- Read details about Alan Chebot’s broadcast career.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,497
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,406
Sep. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,536
Sep. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,541
Sep. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,390
Sep. 26, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,883
Sep. 26, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,598
Sep. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,648
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,965
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,077
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,421
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,569
Sep. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,652
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,060
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,418